House Price Crash Forum

Hmm Something New Happening Here

HOLA441

heres some development properties that have been on the market for ages. now it seems there trying to do some shared ownership bull$hit to get them shiffting:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/new-homes/property-29052752.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/new-homes/property-27738658.html

there up with the same agent, but i think they may be different developers, could this be an agent backed scheme?

HOLA442
heres some development properties that have been on the market for ages. now it seems there trying to do some shared ownership bull$hit to get them shiffting:

there up with the same agent, but i think they may be different developers, could this be an agent backed scheme?

It's either the developers of the government funding it.... the banks wont touch them due to problems selling in the event of default.

HOLA443

Isn't this just a way of avoiding the need for the buyer to have a 20% deposit. This way the builder takes on the risk of the house price falling AND the buyer defaulting.

Seems a fairly reasonable thing to do to me (as long as the 100% price is reasonable)

tim

tim

HOLA444

History

date event

23 October 2010

* Price changed: from '£152,957' to '£157,208' [Found by n/a]

07 August 2010

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'New home' [Found by n/a]

05 August 2010

* Brief Description changed: ***********CONTEMPORARY STYLISH FOUR/FIVE BEDROOMED DETACHED FAMILY HOME IN BOSTON************Home Buy Direct price based on a purchase price of £179,950 with a 70/30 split, terms and conditions apply. BOSTON************HELPING HAND SCHEME AVAILABLE WITH AN 85/15 SHARE - SUBJECT TO PLOT, STATUS AND FUNDING CONDITIONS. (contd...) [Found by n/a]

* Price changed: from '£125,965' to '£152,957' [Found by n/a]

* Status changed: from 'New home' to 'Available' [Found by n/a]

02 August 2010

* Brief Description changed: CONTEMPORARY ***********CONTEMPORARY STYLISH FOUR/FIVE BEDROOMED DETACHED FAMILY HOME IN BOSTON. Home BOSTON************Home Buy Direct price based on a purchase price of £179,950 with a 70/30 split, terms and conditions apply. (contd...) [Found by n/a]

25 March 2010

* Title changed: Rectory Road, The Featherworks, Boston, Lincolnshire [Found by n/a]

19 March 2010

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

Was originally 70% of £180k = £126k

Now, just for you, special price is 85% of £185k = £158k.

Just sign the paper and you'll be living the dream.

(BTW - they got the maths wrong, they first calculated that 85% of £185k is £153k)

HOLA445

History

date event

23 October 2010

* Price changed: from '£152,957' to '£157,208' [Found by n/a]

07 August 2010

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'New home' [Found by n/a]

05 August 2010

* Brief Description changed: ***********CONTEMPORARY STYLISH FOUR/FIVE BEDROOMED DETACHED FAMILY HOME IN BOSTON************Home Buy Direct price based on a purchase price of £179,950 with a 70/30 split, terms and conditions apply. BOSTON************HELPING HAND SCHEME AVAILABLE WITH AN 85/15 SHARE - SUBJECT TO PLOT, STATUS AND FUNDING CONDITIONS. (contd...) [Found by n/a]

* Price changed: from '£125,965' to '£152,957' [Found by n/a]

* Status changed: from 'New home' to 'Available' [Found by n/a]

02 August 2010

* Brief Description changed: CONTEMPORARY ***********CONTEMPORARY STYLISH FOUR/FIVE BEDROOMED DETACHED FAMILY HOME IN BOSTON. Home BOSTON************Home Buy Direct price based on a purchase price of £179,950 with a 70/30 split, terms and conditions apply. (contd...) [Found by n/a]

25 March 2010

* Title changed: Rectory Road, The Featherworks, Boston, Lincolnshire [Found by n/a]

19 March 2010

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

Was originally 70% of £180k = £126k

Now, just for you, special price is 85% of £185k = £158k.

Just sign the paper and you'll be living the dream.

(BTW - they got the maths wrong, they first calculated that 85% of £185k is £153k)

this is whats bugging me about detached house prices in my area, they always seem to be going up as the rest of the country is going down.

Edited by cypher007

HOLA446

this is whats bugging me about detached house prices in my area, they always seem to be going up as the rest of the country is going down.

I found out the main reason for propping up houseprices in Norfolk/Suffolk is coz of retiring Londoners selling up and just paying whatever greedy EA's set the price at.

Been going on for years during the boom.

HOLA447

I found out the main reason for propping up houseprices in Norfolk/Suffolk is coz of retiring Londoners selling up and just paying whatever greedy EA's set the price at.

Been going on for years during the boom.

yeah ive heard this before from several people locally. one woman told me she was hoping a cash rich Southerner would buy there 2007 priced 3 bed detached bungalow.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411