House Price Crash Forum

Why Do We Give So Much Aid To India?

pl1

We give it to them so that they can buy our old military equipment and a heavily subsidised spare aircraft carrier.

I'm pretty sure thet don't want our carrier as they have been trying to standardise on 3 classes to save on parts... chinease, russian and home grown. I can't remember where I read this, possibly on http://www.theregister.co.uk

Sorry guys, but your good and bad comments about curries in the uk make me laugh. You guys have not got a clue! I'm Indian, and love Indian food, Indian food at home that is! Been to Birmingham etc etc etc and I'm sorry but Indian restaurants in the uk, even the so called authentic one is not how Indian food is cooked in an Indian household or indeed most places in India. Restaurants here do not wish to Impress us Indians! They have adapted their menu to suit the British, don't care what you say, it's the truth!,

And now returning to the topic of this thread, I can see why there is a question about aid to India and honestly I also feel that India do not need it, but obviously there is more to it that only the government knows

In response to the comment about boring curries, I think you're confusing the oily slop serve up by non-Indians (usually Bangladeshis or Pakistanis) in British curry houses with real Indian food: puris, dosha, roti and subgee, pakoras, dhaal, saag and paneer are all staples of Indian food not jalfrazi, tika massala and vindaloo. Most Indians food is vegetarian.

I'd sooner give aid to help those that want to help themselves than the useless idle workshy English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish etc etc

We have too many pikey scroungers expecting a handout on everything. Still they just whinge and moan.

They are so f'ing lazy they can't even be bothered to riot.

Agree they always claim that they are poor and deserve more benefits when in fact they are receiving many multiples of money for sitting on their fat asses than hundreds of millions of indians who are working 10 hours a day.

Agree they always claim that they are poor and deserve more benefits when in fact they are receiving many multiples of money for sitting on their fat asses than hundreds of millions of indians who are working 10 hours a day.

I see your point but surely this is an ad hominem argument?

This is something that those on the right have been discussing for ages but unfortunately the discussion is always suppressed by claiming it was 'racist' to mention this inconsistency.

The crazy lefties can't accept basic facts.

South Africa is the rape capital of the world.It ain't the few remaining white ones left committing those crimes.

Simple facts , many other nations are not as civilized as first world countries but the left continues to think such views are racist.

You have to wonder about the level of intellect on here, when a thread about giving aid turns into a conversation about food. :huh:

For some it was beer munchies in mind (not me was sober)

On the other hand they get aid because millions can't afford to get much grub in India due to the feudalism in the country and class wars.

Sorry guys, but your good and bad comments about curries in the uk make me laugh. You guys have not got a clue! I'm Indian, and love Indian food, Indian food at home that is! Been to Birmingham etc etc etc and I'm sorry but Indian restaurants in the uk, even the so called authentic one is not how Indian food is cooked in an Indian household or indeed most places in India. Restaurants here do not wish to Impress us Indians! They have adapted their menu to suit the British, don't care what you say, it's the truth!,

And now returning to the topic of this thread, I can see why there is a question about aid to India and honestly I also feel that India do not need it, but obviously there is more to it that only the government knows

Agree, when they make bangla 'curries' from tinned cream of tomato soup!

In Birmingham the Pakistanis + Bengalis massively outnumber the Indians by about 3:1

Rare, but you can find some bloody good curry houses in UK!

Off topic I know but can I just say that I find curry the most BORING cuisine in the world. It takes food stuffs of a thousand myriad unique flavours and makes it taste the same. The biggest joke is those who laud Indian cuisine by praising ts spiceness over other culture cooking that are deemed to be bland (as if there is something wrong with vegetables natural flavour). In fact Indian food is as about as subtle as half brick aiming for the most basic areas of taste (ie hot, sour, salty, wet, dry etc).It is ideally suited for those who have so numbed their sensibilities with drink down the boozer that they can not distinguish anything else.

If you want genuinely interesting spiced food go to a decent Lebanese or North African restaurant

Usually the further south you go - the spicier the curries.

In India chillies are a necessary ingredient to stimulate appetite in the oppressive heat. They add extra salt to replace that lost whilst working in said heat - so get used to massive amounts in their meals.

You can find similar 'heat' added to food in Africa/Thailand/Brazil/Mexico and others at similar latitudes.

I too enjoy North African grub esp with the cinnamon mixed in with all the other spices = Harissa

(or non-spicy Lebanese/Syrian Za'atar(thyme) - Traditionally, za'atar is made by drying the wild herb under the sun, which is then blended with salt, roasted sesame seeds and sumac. )

"ezov mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as the Arabic za'atar"

Only reasons I can think of are social responsibility, trade and influence.

Exactly, and the social responsibility is optional really.

And Sammy - I take on board what you say, but, as you say, Indian food in this country has been adapted for a British palate. And I'm British, so I prefer it. When it's done well, of course, and there are an awful lot of terrible curry houses.

Pick it down - as always ensuring that this board maintains the highest levels of intellectual debate. Well done.

The largest proportion of British foreign aid goes to India. Why do we continue to give a country with it's own space program so much of our money?

I say India, as one of the worlds fastest growing economies, with it's massive IT infrastructure, based largely on the onshoring of jobs, must now stop asking for aid from Britain formally or we must stop giving it to them (or at least reign it in significantly). India can no longer have it's cake and eat it. It must step up to the mark, look after it's own, stop taking charity that it no longer requires from countries that can ill-afford it and act like a fully paid-up member of the G20.

Come on India, you're a nuclear power now, show us ya mettle!

combination

History with India, guilt with British Empire, links with Indians in the UK.

Forge Business Links and influence- because India might be a bigger economic power than China - its a long term strategy to gain favour with the next big economic power and using britains historical links.

Yep, all those poor starving indians certainly deserve wedges of taxpayers money at the expense of our own poor and homeless.

Especially when they do so much to help themselves and have such shining examples as this mother theresa http://www.worldamazingrecords.com/2010/10/antilia-worlds-most-expensive-house.html

How much did they just blow on the commonwealth games again?

combination

History with India, guilt with British Empire, links with Indians in the UK.

Forge Business Links and influence- because India might be a bigger economic power than China - its a long term strategy to gain favour with the next big economic power and using britains historical links.

which may serve as a decent counterweight to what will become an overly opprsseive and beurocratic EU.

ie the EU think they are going to [email protected] the UK economically,but might think twice when confronted with a horde of several hundred million chinese/indian soldiers who in due course will be more than capable of economically AND militarily consigning the dream of the fourth reich into the history books for good.......and that is just the start.

...this new regime will also compries of the remnants of the US/Russia(who the EU are trying to forment a war of mutual extermination with(in order to gain supremacy)......and who have been sussed.

don't get me wrong..the war between the US and russia/islam IS going to happen,but the remainder of these powers will ultimately realise they have been set up,and will ally with one another(eventually).

russia will ultimately join the west because they know that if they don't china will be knocking on their door trying to plunder their oil reserves......but so will germany/EU albeit in a more stealthy fashion.

the US/UK are merely the scapegoats being bitchslapped by europe in order to gett rid of islam&take the flak......and it is the aim of the EU to draw russia into this war and destroy them also.....killing 3 birds with one stone on their way to hegemony.

which may serve as a decent counterweight to what will become an overly opprsseive and beurocratic EU.

ie the EU think they are going to [email protected] the UK economically,but might think twice when confronted with a horde of several hundred million chinese/indian soldiers who in due course will be more than capable of economically AND militarily consigning the dream of the fourth reich into the history books for good.......and that is just the start.

...this new regime will also compries of the remnants of the US/Russia(who the EU are trying to forment a war of mutual extermination with(in order to gain supremacy)......and who have been sussed.

don't get me wrong..the war between the US and russia/islam IS going to happen,but the remainder of these powers will ultimately realise they have been set up,and will ally with one another(eventually).

russia will ultimately join the west because they know that if they don't china will be knocking on their door trying to plunder their oil reserves......but so will germany/EU albeit in a more stealthy fashion.

the US/UK are merely the scapegoats being bitchslapped by europe in order to gett rid of islam&take the flak......and it is the aim of the EU to draw russia into this war and destroy them also.....killing 3 birds with one stone on their way to hegemony.

in this global war scenario the UK has the whole of Europe to hide behind (in geological terms)

the country worst off in this scenario is australia

India has decided to stop accepting aid from UK. It has now emerged as one of the biggest providers of development assistance.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/mea-to-finance-tell-london-we-wont-accept-aid-from-next-april/681612/

Better Google skills then me Inquisitor. Mods please delete this thread or mark it "complete" or "resolved".

And well done India!

Archived