House Price Crash Forum
Maddog21

What Can We Do To Change This Madness

Asked Injin this once (Where is he)?

answer; and I hope this is the correct quotation but near enough

" You can't, it's a multi-generational solution"

Im so cynical and feel hopeless about this now ,that nothing makes sense anymore.

A friend of mines wife and daughter were held up at knife point in their car Tuesday night

6.30pm broad daylight very busy ,they jumped in the back and forced them to drive off and robbed them.

These are the nicest family you could ever wish to meet, hardworking,decent but not a pot to p1ss in.

The rules of the game are changing

Thing is the bankers are the biggest crooks of all and we are doing nothing to change it

What can we do to to change it?

Any ideas

Im pissed and pissed off :angry:

and scared at where this is going

HELP!

Edited by Maddog21

This was my post from Question time thread

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=153262&st=45

Been watching this in the background for the last hour

makes me wonder why anyone bothers

mores the point makes me wonder why anyone bothers to vote at all

It's a sham , surely everyone on here at least can see that

"We want the bankers to do business here"

meaning "We don't give a f*ck if that makes people homeless ,unemployed, paying for it for generations"

I've got a bad feeling this going to end in riots ,not in a good way like the French

this will be racial , social ,amongst the "working class" against each other

looking for people to blame.

How can this change through democracy , it can't

vote libdem ,get tory, get the bankers

vote labour "that's the party of the working man" the unions will look after us

Get the bankers

NO BANKERS WERE HARMED DURING THESE CUTS

NO POLITICIANS WERE HARMED DURING THESE CUTS

There are 10 times more intelligent people on here than on that show everyday

Who the f*ck are they? , nobodies , all puppets of the establishment

MY QUESTION FOR QUESTION TIME IS

How do the people who vote/work/pay tax change this?

Answer they can't it's not relevent , you are not relevent

Bend over and take it or we will be knocking at your door

which I very rarely watch these days but along with

recent personal events and alcohol Im wound up

How can we change this!!! , have we all just given up ,that us as people

have no say anymore.

I'd like a house at a reasonable price if I can't, I will rent

I have a family I don't get this sh1t, my lifes on hold I can't start a family

until i own a house(rent from the bank) slave to the bank more like

It's more than that, our civil liberties are being taken away every day

Where is the future?

Calling all Mystic Megs....................

Edited by Maddog21

"Can a man not walk the street of london town, without some blaggard with a blade, releaving him of his hard earned." Carl Brown 1788.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Chin up lad.

"Can a man not walk the street of london town, without some blaggard with a blade, releaving him of his hard earned." Carl Brown 1788.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Chin up lad.

Fair enough but I was hoping for progress

I don't really want to go back to hanging my ar$e out of my window and having a sh1t

in the street

And we've been shat on by the powers that be for centuries , we are now supposed to be educated and we argue the toss on internet chat room , vote ,pay tax

and still they do want they want and more and more we have no outlet to change the

status quo or in this country even protest

Just bend over and take it?

Edited by Maddog21

I don't really want to go back to hanging my ar$e out of my window and having a sh1t

in the street

And we've been shat on by the powers that be for centuries , we are now supposed to be educated and we argue the toss on internet chat room , vote ,pay tax

and still they do want they want and more and more we have no outlet to change the

Go back to? Was this until recently your preferred mode of defecation?

Go back to? Was this until recently your preferred mode of defecation?

No matey quoted from 1788 saying people have always been held up by knife for their

money in old london town

that maybe so but they were also still sh1tting out of their windows!!!

but with a quick look on wiki crappard invented the toilet in 1782 so maybe they weren't

Point is do we just carry on as cynical old f8ckers moaning about this governments

or is there anything we can do to actually change the system

If not this forum and question time and voting etc. is just a sham

We live in a dictatorship

and this is all pointless

Friday, October 22, 2010 Previous editions

Ireland:Most places will have a fine and dry day with sunny spells. Most places will have a fine and dry day »

Developers will be made finish off ghost estates

By Juno McEnroe

Friday, October 22, 2010

DEVELOPERS will be forced to finish and clean up ghost estates after a survey found more than 100,000 dwellings are lying empty, incomplete or were planned but never built.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

As the extent of the problem was revealed for the first time, it has also emerged that boom-time builders did not leave cash bonds to finish off many of the 2,800 estates littered around the country.

Planning Minister Ciarán Cuffe also admitted a previous government policy of tax breaks to boost development during the boom had been "naive".

Asked whether Fianna Fáil’s policies during the boom were to blame for the debacle, Mr Cuffe admitted: "It was at best naive to expect that blanket tax designation of entire counties would raise all boats. We know that now. Everybody knows that now."

The survey found:

* There were plans for 180,000 housing units on the "ghost" estates surveyed, but just over 78,000 have been completed and occupied.

nNo work has begun on 58,000 planned homes, while another 23,000 dwellings are lying empty.

* Around 20,000 houses and apartments are unfinished, half of them nearly completed and the other half just begun.

* In the greater Dublin area, just over 21,000 of around 50,000 dwellings are complete and occupied.

* In ghost estates in Cork, only 8,300 out of 20,600 are finished and occupied.

The survey also highlighted thousands of incomplete roads, footpaths and lighting in housing estates nationwide.

An expert group, chaired by John O’Connor, of the Housing and Sustainable Communities Agency, and which will include Government, the National Asset Management Agency (NAMA), banking, construction and planning representatives, will advise local authorities on the completion of estates. It will have its first meeting in the coming weeks.

Housing Minister Michael Finneran said a key to resolving unfinished estates was making empty homes available for social housing.

"Landlords, builders, developers and banks are all sitting on properties that they cannot sell, that they cannot either rent out or they don’t want to. Some of the properties will end up in NAMA."

However, suggestions that many of the empty housing would have to be bulldozed were dismissed.

The Labour Party’s housing spokesman, Ciaran Lynch, said the figures read like a Domesday book for the end of the Celtic Tiger.

"What is clear is that people who bought homes in these estates are living through a hell that has come about as a result of a Government that saw housing policy simply as a means of delivering bounty to their pals in the construction and investment community, rather than providing homes for people who need a place to live," he said.

Fine Gael housing spokesman Terence Flanagan accused the Government of putting off real solutions by creating another taskforce. He said many of the estates were a danger to residents.

"Thousands are left living in ghost estates with dangerous conditions such as open sewers and water contamination.

"Homeowners who purchased their home in good faith deserve better."

This story appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Friday, October 22, 2010

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/home/developers-will-be-made-finish-off-ghost-estates-134262.html#ixzz132lC6fsf

A teenage angst thread. Funny.

I wish i was a teenager

This is p1ssed up angry bloke who lived though the 70's and sees

f*cking apathy/no repect amongst teenagers whos lovely friends have just been

held up by knife point and sees no solution

Looking for answers/reassurance before he's goes mad!!!

The French are showing the only way to keep the hard fought for wages and benefits is to present a united front and bring the country to its knees. Even when judges and such order them 'back to work'. In Britain at the first sign of a lawyer, the workers would be back to work and accepting the new much lower wages.

Brits also have to stop falling for the corporate bs that companies can no longer pay the same wages as in days gone by. It doesn't make much sense that 30 years ago, when industrial productivity per hour was only 40% of what it is now.. companies were able to pay those wages. Yet now after 30 years of incredible technological progress.. can no longer do that.

The French are showing the only way to keep the hard fought for wages and benefits is to present a united front and bring the country to its knees. Even when judges and such order them 'back to work'. In Britain at the first sign of a lawyer, the workers would be back to work and accepting the new much lower wages.

I agree my Dad, was a big union man with BA , never voted Labour though

Never voted for a political party ever

Had some mad arguements over the years , always said to me they

are all the same son.

Some may start out with good intentions but they all corrupt in the end

and he knew a few!!

Even agrees Thatcher was right in some respects because the unions became too powerfull

he went into some meetings where people were demanding riduculous things

it had to be dealt with

Thing is now all politicians ARE the same and there is nothing to vote for.

Unfortunately there is no workers movement either

Where is the outlet , HPC?

a w@nker once said to me

I like sex but it's not as good as the real thing

No matey quoted from 1788 saying people have always been held up by knife for their

money in old london town

that maybe so but they were also still sh1tting out of their windows!!!

but with a quick look on wiki crappard invented the toilet in 1782 so maybe they weren't

Point is do we just carry on as cynical old f8ckers moaning about this governments

or is there anything we can do to actually change the system

If not this forum and question time and voting etc. is just a sham

We live in a dictatorship

and this is all pointless

I think you should produce period dramas for the BBC.

I think you should produce period dramas for the BBC.

Oh no you've blown my cover

but good thinking Helen Mirram and Anna Freil sh1tting out of a window

in costume..........

You could be on to something

Pay per view?

Right im p1ssed sigining off

Bubble

90% off peak

Fiat money

Buy Goold (i've just invented it, going cheap $100 an ounce

get it while it's hot, it's lovely)

Don't vote, they're all c*nts

Helen Mirram

<<Sweet Dreams>>

Edited by Maddog21

Madness it is! After a very large bank bail-out, people seem obsessed by dole-scroungers! :huh:

I'm sure a half million pound bonus would pay quite a few people's dole and housing costs for a while! :angry:

Edited by MrPin

Madness it is! After a very large bank bail-out, people seem obsessed by dole-scroungers! :huh:

I'm sure a half million pound bonus would pay quite a few people's dole and housing costs for a while! :angry:

That's because we are fighting a two-front war and the scoungers provide the easiest target for now. And who do you think the elites will recruit to do their dying for them when we finally get angry enough to spill some blood?

I agree my Dad, was a big union man with BA , never voted Labour though

Never voted for a political party ever

Had some mad arguements over the years , always said to me they

are all the same son.

Some may start out with good intentions but they all corrupt in the end

and he knew a few!!

Even agrees Thatcher was right in some respects because the unions became too powerfull

he went into some meetings where people were demanding riduculous things

it had to be dealt with

Thing is now all politicians ARE the same and there is nothing to vote for.

Unfortunately there is no workers movement either

Where is the outlet , HPC?

a w@nker once said to me

I like sex but it's not as good as the real thing

One reason the worker's movement has died out, is less and less workers are needed in general. Steel mills which at one point employed 20,000 now employ maybe 3,000, and produce the same amount of steel. If the remaining 3,000 don't like the wage offers there is thousands of unemployed who would love the chance to have a decent job.

From a sheer numbers perspective 20,000 workers at a plant in a city of 100,000 are going to have enormous political power. But 3,000 workers in the same city are going to have some political power, but minor in comparison.

Its a strange thing I've noticed about the modern British public. They are outraged when anyone at their level or below is given anything, no matter how meagre. 'Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore'. But when someone above them on the totem pole is given outrageous sums.. whether banker bonuses or overpaid government management, they don't seem that bothered.

Its a strange thing I've noticed about the modern British public. They are outraged when anyone at their level or below is given anything, no matter how meagre. 'Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore'. But when someone above them on the totem pole is given outrageous sums.. whether banker bonuses or overpaid government management, they don't seem that bothered.

It's the American system. Make the sheep think they have a chance at the fortunes owned by those at the top, and they will keep quiet as they think 'it could be me'.

Looking down the ladder, they never think 'there but for the grace of god'

of course, the majority of wealth stays at the top, and very few move up and down. I think we have seen the end of movement between the social classes in any meaningful sense (i.e. my great grandfather was a miner, I'm now a professional).

in the street

Place your vote against the Banks.... in fact your allowed to place as many votes as you can afford :P

The more votes you have the better you'll feel & you can pass these votes down to you kids etc

Some say eventually maybe 50 of these votes will allow you to purchase a home outright :D

Non-compliance as much as you can.

---

- Don't borrow on credit cards/loans for global branded tat

- Buy local where possible

- Choose independent traders/markets. If you don't know the business owner, go elsewhwere.

None of this is easy. If we give our money to the elites, then it is not given to others in the pyramid. Its zero sum.