House Price Crash Forum

Question Time Thread

pl1

HOLA441

Yep, one of the 26 members of the Cabinet and one of the 18 millionaires.

Comforting to know that we are all in this together.

In the last 10 years the private sector created a million new jobs. Where will the new jobs come from?

Middleborough. How many decision makers in London could place it on a map? That is why it is doomed like so many other cities because we have concentrated too much in London.

There are a lot of start-ups at the moment. Anecdotally, I speak to a lot of shopfitters and they all say they're busy and it's all start-up businesses, often people who've been made redundant.

They are all mostly froth things like coffee shops and a very high proportion are probably doomed to failure but, it is the case businesses are starting and they are creating economic activity for shopfitters and similar trades.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Hammond = corrupt politician.

How can we expect him to pay his taxes - his contempt for the audience was there for all to see.

How dare we ask people of Phil's ilk to pay taxation?

Only the plebs pay tax, not the elite or their political front men.

When the cuts really start to bite people will remember the bonuses paid by the taxpayer to bankers running nationalised banks. I also hope that there will be a comeupance for the likes of tax avoiders like Phil.

Off with their heads.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Yep, one of the 26 members of the Cabinet and one of the 18 millionaires.

Comforting to know that we are all in this together.

In the last 10 years the private sector created a million new jobs. Where will the new jobs come from?

Middleborough. How many decision makers in London could place it on a map? That is why it is doomed like so many other cities because we have concentrated too much in London.

Is Tony Blair 'in it together with us'?

Mandleson?

I would rather have Hammond in the cabinet than a fat useless idiot like Prescott....or Jacqui Smith...

HOLA447

How can we expect him to pay his taxes - his contempt for the audience was there for all to see.

When the cuts really start to bite people will remember the bonuses paid by the taxpayer to bankers running nationalised banks. I also hope that there will be a comeupance for the likes of tax avoiders like Phil.

Off with their heads.

Also admitted that the Tories had planned all this for years. I did not see it in their manifesto.

HOLA448

With all that money sloshing around, why did the private sector fail so spectacularly? Please try some joined up thinking.

Who made the BoE independent?

Who manipulated CPI that kept rates low forcing banks to lend?

All roads lead to the government, they usually do.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

With all that money sloshing around, why did the private sector fail so spectacularly? Please try some joined up thinking.

The private sector failed so spectaclary as you say because it is was better for the workers to work for the govt because that was where all the money that was sloshing around was located.

The private sector jobs were offshored with the agreement of the labour govt who were in denial.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Is Tony Blair 'in it together with us'?

Mandleson?

I would rather have Hammond in the cabinet than a fat useless idiot like Prescott....or Jacqui Smith...

Blair and Mandelson did not fight the last election and introduce a campaign of savage cuts while promising that 'We are all in this together'.

It is uniquely Camoron's hypocracy.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

This audience is particularly painful this week.

On a very small scale I'm *trying* to be one of these entrepreneurs. I'm starting my own company. The government is an absolute 'ing joke. They own most of the business units I'm looking at and get in the way of renting these places by filling in applications that get processed by deadlines rather than just being able to rent these places. The government shouldn't be in the business of grants and crap like that. The only reason they get involved is because they demolished savings. I saved when everything was being done to stop me saving. Governments don't do business. They can't do it. The small business person's head has sleepless nights meticulously planning what will work and what won't to make a living using their own year's of savings. No government grant application assessor can compete with this. We need the government OUT of employing people and business grants and crap like that. They've proven they can't do it as they've corrupted people into being unproductive which Labour agree with. Wages need to come down and people will employ them. When wages come down and people come back to reality that life just isn't easy then the private sector will do more than take up the slack.

Edited by cica

HOLA4415

Also admitted that the Tories had planned all this for years. I did not see it in their manifesto.

I didn't see any facts or spending plans in the Labour manifesto either.....

Labour spent the whole election campaign wibbling about tory plans to 'take 6 billion out of the economy' rather than concentrating on their own plans for 'deeper cuts than Thatcher'. None of the parties told the truth in the election campaign. Your comments are blinkered and hypocritical.

HOLA4416

The private sector failed so spectaclary as you say because it is was better for the workers to work for the govt because that was where all the money that was sloshing around was located.

The private sector jobs were offshored with the agreement of the labour govt who were in denial.

Have you really seen public sector income levels at the most common levels?

Your second point is nonsense.

HOLA4417

Blair and Mandelson did not fight the last election and introduce a campaign of savage cuts while promising that 'We are all in this together'.

Blair and Mandleson are sitting at home counting the millions and toasting to the poor suckers in this country that voted for them.

HOLA4418

It makes me sad and feather spitting angry to see what this country has done to itself.

Just look at them sat there.

Toynbee says Labour inherited a debt from the Tories, a complete and utter ******ing lie, and nobody questioned it.

Not even a panel member.

What is being put in to our food?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The Tories have been talking about an age of austerity since their 2009 conference, and said that all would have to share the pain. They are now making the cuts. Where is the hypocricy?

HOLA4424

Off with their heads.

His shares were moved into his wifes name as he is a Minister. Ministers are not allowed to own shares.

Please note the Milibands built a property portfolio (so did the Blairs to some extent) while in government, during a boom they help create and failed to supervise,

Edited by Sir John Steed

HOLA4425

It makes me sad and feather spitting angry to see what this country has done to itself.

Just look at them sat there.

Toynbee says Labour inherited a debt from the Tories, a complete and utter ******ing lie, and nobody questioned it.

Not even a panel member.

What is being put in to our food?

Yep, we're all turning on each other.

Agree with the need for the cuts makes you a Tory *******

Think the cuts are evil and will hit the poor the most makes you a Public sector leftie.

I'm now giving serious consideration about making a future for myself away from these Isles. I'm thoroughly depressed at the moment.