House Price Crash Forum
The Knimbies who say No

117 Houses Listed For Sale In Formby

Any ideas welcome.

Properties for sale in Formby increased by 117 to 338 in last 24 hours. Many of them are listed with the same agent(colette gunter), and cover a wide range of prices(£2Million - £80k) far outwith the reach of a normal individual. Is a footballer dumping a BTL portfolio? Any info from locals would be appreciated. I know Robbie Fowler is known for owning many houses and lives in the area. Precisely what a 50% supply increase overnight will do to prices will be interesting to see at any rate, whatever the source of the stock.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=REGION%5E10170&insId=1&radius=0.0&displayPropertyType=&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&retirement=&partBuyPartRent=&maxDaysSinceAdded=3&_includeSSTC=on&sortByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType=&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false&x=78&y=8

EDIT: I should say that if it is a famous person, and word gets out to Joe Public that some of the 'smart money' is leaving, the PR effect on the public could be HPC-OK!

EDIT2: changed number in header to correct one, apologies.

Edited by cheeznbreed

Any ideas welcome.

Properties for sale in Formby increased by 117 to 338 in last 24 hours. Many of them are listed with the same agent(colette gunter), and cover a wide range of prices(£2Million - £80k) far outwith the reach of a normal individual. Is a footballer dumping a BTL portfolio? Any info from localcs would be appreciated. I know Robbie Fowler is known for owning many houses and lives in the area. Precisely what a 50% supply increase overnight will do to prices will be interesting to see at any rate, whatever the source of the stock.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?searchType=SALE&locationIdentifier=REGION%5E10170&insId=1&radius=0.0&displayPropertyType=&minBedrooms=&maxBedrooms=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&retirement=&partBuyPartRent=&maxDaysSinceAdded=3&_includeSSTC=on&sortByPriceDescending=&primaryDisplayPropertyType=&secondaryDisplayPropertyType=&oldDisplayPropertyType=&oldPrimaryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false&x=78&y=8

Likely to be that agent relisting their entire stock, to get rid of propertybee history and look a bit fresher, also comes up on time-limited searches for a couple of weeks.

Likely to be that agent relisting their entire stock, to get rid of propertybee history and look a bit fresher, also comes up on time-limited searches for a couple of weeks.

I'm sceptical of that explanation because I've never seen some of these listed before (the seven £1Million+ houses on Victoria Road for example) and I'm sure I would have noticed them.

Also, the agent has more stock on rightmove than has been listed in the last 24 hours

And, this latest stuff is listed as 'latest property' on the agent's home site.

Edited by cheeznbreed

We all live in a Robbie Fowler House

A Robbie Fowler House

He Turned out to be a Btl Scum

A Btl Scum.

Oh What fun it is to live

In a Robbie Fowler House

A Robbie Fowler House.

Edited by ralphmalph

I'm sceptical of that explanation because I've never seen some of these listed before (the seven £1Million+ houses on Victoria Road for example) and I'm sure I would have noticed them.

Also, the agent has more stock on rightmove than has been listed in the last 24 hours

And, this latest stuff is listed as 'latest property' on the agent's home site.

Oh wow, this could be a big story if it's a big player getting out!

I believe Robbie Fowler lives in Formby.

Furthermore, he was massively into BTL.

edit: see I was late...

Edited by Si1

An area I know well and the subject of a huge bubble, my ex wife's father was a builder there from the mid 60's to the mid 80's and he made a packet from the fact that the nearest big town is Liverpool, and the scousers decided to emulate doughnutting in Detroit..........

In my experience Boris Johnson had it exactly right about scousers; Americans daren't criticise Detroit, for fear of being held up as racists. We should have no such problem with scousers, who are plain chip on the shoulder entitlists (I should know; I lived there for 7 or years).

An area I know well and the subject of a huge bubble, my ex wife's father was a builder there from the mid 60's to the mid 80's and he made a packet from the fact that the nearest big town is Liverpool, and the scousers decided to emulate doughnutting in Detroit..........

In my experience Boris Johnson had it exactly right about scousers; Americans daren't criticise Detroit, for fear of being held up as racists. We should have no such problem with scousers, who are plain chip on the shoulder entitlists (I should know; I lived there for 7 or years).

Alright, calm down.

As a liverpudlian, i can tell you Formby is the place that scouser's want to move to if they become rich. That or somewhere nice on the Wirral.

well, if all that extra property is genuine new listings, maybe they won't have to be quite as rich as before.

I'll try and find out more about it btw. Thanks all.

If this was the case, the number of properties on the market would be no higher. They would simply look like new instructions.

Ive had a quick peep at a few of the props with Colette Gunter. Some say "this property is tenanted" but not many.

A lot of btl type properties. Many flats. Sometimes 3/4/5 in the same block. It looks like the ones bought early (as far nack as 97) have an asking significantly above the price initially paid. But the ones from 2004 onwards look like they will return a significant loss. This could be a factor in the decision to dump.

In particular

Hillary Court

Flat No 18 - Asking 180. Paid 196 in July 2004

Flat No 19 - Asking 125. Paid 150 in July 2004

Flat No 62 - Asking 130. Paid 160 in 2007

Flat No 86 - Asking 140. Paid 147 in Feb 2009

Those 4 flats alone cost a total of £653k. The total asking prices are for £575k. I wonder if they will be flexible enough to accept offers or if they intend to hold out for (close to ) asking?

I think these flats could perfectly illustrate why somone would want to bail out!

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

If this was the case, the number of properties on the market would be no higher. They would simply look like new instructions.

Ive had a quick peep at a few of the props with Colette Gunter. Some say "this property is tenanted" but not many.

A lot of btl type properties. Many flats. Sometimes 3/4/5 in the same block. It looks like the ones bought early (as far nack as 97) have an asking significantly above the price initially paid. But the ones from 2004 onwards look like they will return a significant loss. This could be a factor in the decision to dump.

In particular

Hillary Court

Flat No 18 - Asking 180. Paid 196 in July 2004

Flat No 19 - Asking 125. Paid 150 in July 2004

Flat No 62 - Asking 130. Paid 160 in 2007

Flat No 86 - Asking 140. Paid 147 in Feb 2009

Those 4 flats alone cost a total of £653k. The total asking prices are for £575k. I wonder if they will be flexible enough to accept offers or if they intend to hold out for (close to ) asking?

I think these flats could perfectly illustrate why somone would want to bail out!

yes, thanks for that, I had noticed the huge spread of property types (even some off plan it seems).

by George...

I was leaning on a lamp-post,

near the corner of the street,

in case a certain Btl'er came by.

oh me

oh my

in case broken Btl'er came by.

ARE YOU TELLING BAGSOS TO CALM DOWN?!

and today another 40-odd added, although with a different agent Michael Moon:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E10170&maxDaysSinceAdded=1

Supply in Formby has increased by about 80% in three days. Incredible.

Apologies for the main board topic, but I thought it was of sufficient interest. Some rich person(s) is/are offloading their BTLs. Perhaps the financial advisers to the rich and famous (and it may be surprising how few of those advisers there are) are now telling them to get out. Think what'll happen when the punters find out!

Edited by cheeznbreed

Nah, just the noisy ones.

The rest of us just get on with outsmarting you all.

and today another 40-odd added, although with a different agent Michael Moon:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E10170&maxDaysSinceAdded=1

Supply in Formby has increased by about 80% in three days. Incredible.

Apologies for the main board topic, but I thought it was of sufficient interest. Some rich person(s) is/are offloading their BTLs. Perhaps the financial advisers to the rich and famous (and it may be surprising how few of those advisers there are) are now telling them to get out. Think what'll happen when the punters find out!

Can you call one of these agents up to enquire about one of their properties and in the conversation throw in that you've seen quite a few new ones come on lately and see what they offer as an explanation?