House Price Crash Forum
neon tetra

"btl Mortgage Holders Should Get State Help"

http://www.mortgage.org.uk/buy-to-let-mortgage-holders-need-state-help-says-nla-800134964.html

The government must offer some support for buy-to-let mortgage holders if the private rental sector is going to cope with the level of demand in the UK, according to the National Landlords Association (NLA).

David Salusbury, chairman of the organisation, claimed the social housing industry is not going to cope with the number of people looking for affordable properties.

This means that the private rental sector could have more people to cope with.

"The government must now put in place a strategy to incentivise the growth of the private rented sector and support professional landlords in providing much-needed homes to rent," remarked Mr Salusbury.

According to the NLA spokesperson, another area that requires urgent state intervention is regarding cuts to local housing allowance, which could cause additional problems for people trying to cover the cost of their home.

Meanwhile, Citizens Advice chief executive Gillian Guy suggested the private rental sector is "expensive" and requires more regulation.

Seems that many BTL scummers know full well that housing benefit is a huge boost to their leveraged investments, keeping rents higher they they need to be.

I could be wrong but I really thing the Tories will privately be happy to see a HPC for a couple of years and be talking about how affordable homes have become come the next election. From 1992 to the late 90s housing was sensibly priced and even a couple in low skilled jobs could get a basic home.

Edited by CrashedOutAndBurned

That's fair enough. But as long as I get state help for all the money I am losing on the stock Market (and all the money i am about to lose as soon as start taking some monster gambles once I know the tax payer has got my back!)

I am going to puke. F*** them!

+1

more calmly (even tho I don't 'do' calm so welll..... ;) ) - this is a very bearish indicator

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, it's high time the government subsidised the BTL industry beyond the mere tax deductible mortgage interest + council grants for refurbishments + £24bn in housing benefit that they have to make do with now.

Hmm, it's not going to happen, but this is becoming a bit of a meme.

i.e. people will be forced out of social housing and into private properties, therefore BTL landlords will be 'helping out' the country.

Caught a few things yesterday about how the spending cuts are great for BTL.

Caught a few things yesterday about how the spending cuts are great for BTL.

I assume that was in irony tags

funny!

If BTLers are still in trouble with all those tracker mortgages, there is no saving them.

I guess they've done the sums on housing benefit reduction and flung their calculators out the window in a rage.

If BTLers are still in trouble with all those tracker mortgages, there is no saving them.

I guess they've done the sums on housing benefit reduction and flung their calculators out the window in a rage.

I doubt most BTLers did any sums at all. Either that, or they've run out of fingers. :P

ha ha maybe if they knew how to use a calculator they wouldnt be in this mess at all all they should be helped with is having there property removed from them along with all there belongings then lined up before the wall and shot in the same way that they played a huge part in taking us to wall last time now its time the tables where turned :ph34r:

I assume that was in irony tags

funny!

No... I've been trying to find some links but I think it was Capital Economics who bought out a statement which was parroted by the media.

I doubt most BTLers did any sums at all. Either that, or they've run out of fingers. :P

probably been trying to calculate it using the funny twiddley nob computer in the beemer.

Interest rates held at over 5% BELOW official inflation

£20billion of taxpayers money poured into landlords pockets

and they want MORE help??!!!!

Is there any other country where landlords have quite the lack of business acumen as our ones?

Edited by Sadman

http://www.mortgage....-800134964.html

The government must offer some support for buy-to-let mortgage holders if the private rental sector is going to cope with the level of demand in the UK, according to the National Landlords Association (NLA).

David Salusbury, chairman of the organisation, claimed the social housing industry is not going to cope with the number of people looking for affordable properties.

This means that the private rental sector could have more people to cope with.

"The government must now put in place a strategy to incentivise the growth of the private rented sector and support professional landlords in providing much-needed homes to rent," remarked Mr Salusbury.

According to the NLA spokesperson, another area that requires urgent state intervention is regarding cuts to local housing allowance, which could cause additional problems for people trying to cover the cost of their home.

Meanwhile, Citizens Advice chief executive Gillian Guy suggested the private rental sector is "expensive" and requires more regulation.

yes; a free 9mm bullet ...

I lost £30 at Ladbrokes last Saturday! What will the government do to help the gambling industry? :angry:

I fancy a punt on the 15:30 at Kempton Park! :huh:

If a BTL gambler doesn't own these properties then a bank will. They will either sell them or let them!

Edited by MrPin

Hmm, it's not going to happen, (...)

Probably (hopefully) not.

But recently my main reason for staying renting is that, if needed, I have the freedom to use my savings not for a deposit, but instead as an emigration fund.

Footloose.

Probably (hopefully) not.

But recently my main reason for staying renting is that, if needed, I have the freedom to use my savings not for a deposit, but instead as an emigration fund.

Footloose.

I'm walking that same line too.

This weekend I am viewing a few houses in North Yorkshire.

The following weekend I am going back to Berlin to look a bit more closely into what living there might be like.

By the middle of next year, will have jumped one way or t'other.

Edited by Kyoto

i.e. people will be forced out of social housing and into private properties, therefore BTL landlords will be 'helping out' the country.

Does whoever said this think that the social housing to be left empty then?

It's essentially a zero sum game, there are a certain number of dwellings in the country which can house a certain number of units. That doesn't change whether they're rented privately, publically or owner-occupied,

Peter.