House Price Crash Forum

Film About The Greatest Fraud Of All Time - Coming Soon.

HOLA441

Hmmm...... This should be good.... :rolleyes:

Inside Job is a 2010 feature-length documentary film about the financial crisis of 2007-2010 directed by Charles H. Ferguson. The film was screened at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010[1] and is being released in the USA by Sony Pictures Classics in October 2010 - i.e. now!!

'Inside Job' is the first film to provide a comprehensive analysis of the global financial crisis of 2008, which at a cost over $20 trillion, caused millions of people to lose their jobs and homes in the worst recession since the Great Depression, and nearly resulted in a global financial collapse. Through exhaustive research and extensive interviews with key financial insiders, politicians, journalists, and academics, the film traces the rise of a rogue industry which has corrupted politics, regulation, and academia. It was made on location in the United States, Iceland, England, France, Singapore, and China

http://www.sonyclassics.com/insidejob/dates.html

------------

Edit: Not releasing in the UK until Febr 18th 2011 !?? :blink::unsure: :angry: Releasing now in the US - and Europe gets it before we do...... :unsure:

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442
HOLA443

OK People!!

THIS LOOKS EXTREMELY GOOD -- VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

WATCH THESE 2 VIDEOS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ioncinema.com/news/id/5505/tiff-2010-day-1-charles-fergusons-inside-job

NB: In the FIRST video, towards the end -- LISTEN CAREFULLY TO WHAT CHARLES FERGUSON SAYS - ABOUT HOW VITALLY IMPORTANT ALL THIS ALL IS TO ALL OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FABULOUS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Has anybody seen The Other Guys?

The credit's contained some interesting statistics on the US bail-out. The cinema was full, no one stayed to watch the credit's/graphic's & charts, my partner told me to hurry up.

It's a shame no one cares, because we have all been robbed BLIND!

HOLA449
HOLA4410

From a review of the film:

But there's such a thing as smart angry, and such a thing as stupid angry, and after seeing "Inside Job," audiences will be smart angry. They'll know specifically how bankers, traders and economists brought on the recession. They'll know who did it, and where to place the blame. They won't be barroom cynics or monkeys holding signs, but educated citizens.

Sounds promising.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Hmmm...... This should be good.... :rolleyes:

Inside Job is a 2010 feature-length documentary film about the financial crisis of 2007-2010 directed by Charles H. Ferguson. The film was screened at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010[1] and is being released in the USA by Sony Pictures Classics in October 2010 - i.e. now!!

'Inside Job' is the first film to provide a comprehensive analysis of the global financial crisis of 2008, which at a cost over $20 trillion, caused millions of people to lose their jobs and homes in the worst recession since the Great Depression, and nearly resulted in a global financial collapse. Through exhaustive research and extensive interviews with key financial insiders, politicians, journalists, and academics, the film traces the rise of a rogue industry which has corrupted politics, regulation, and academia. It was made on location in the United States, Iceland, England, France, Singapore, and China

http://www.sonyclassics.com/insidejob/dates.html

------------

Edit: Not releasing in the UK until Febr 18th 2011 !?? :blink::unsure: :angry: Releasing now in the US - and Europe gets it before we do...... :unsure:

Sounds like a more global version of "The Insider" (Expose on big tobacco and the addictive drug delivery system).

What I would like to know, as I am clueless, is who has come out of this mess smelling like roses with even bigger bonuses than before? ;) IMO, the whole thing was engineered to boost the banksters power and fortunes as they knew that their plan could not fail. The symbolic tax on banks levied by George at 0.4% sums it up really. The rule of the Banksters has begun in earnest.

HOLA4415

The greatest fraud of all time was when they said hand over your gold and silver coins and we'll give you bits of paper instead, and we promise not to print more bits of paper than we've got gold and silver to back the paper. :o

To be fair, the bits of paper are very ornate and are stored in very robust looking buildings, so it's easy to overlook the fact they are only bits of paper. ;)

HOLA4416

Just saw "The Insider" again last night--that photo is almost identical to the line up of drug dealers appearing before Congress to answer charges that tobacco was laced to enhance addiction. BTW--big tobacco got away with it--paid c hump change fines and are now exploiting billions of people in BRICS.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

This actually looks like it might open the eyes of a few sheeple. Though no doubt the talking heads will all have a horrible case of 20/20 hindsight, whilst the bearish pundits who called this early (Schiff, Celente, Faber, Prechter, Bill Gross, RB* et al) will be ignored.

* and many others on hpc.co.uk

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Best trailer in ages. Gave me a big smile. Thanks for posting.

A great pleasure. I too am really hopeful about this film. As is said in various interviews/articles - the KEY is KNOWLEDGE - and understanding. The more people that obtain this - the better. And good films do this well. E.g. The film Apollo 13 -- tells that story really well.

HOLA4422

Matt Dammonnn Matt Dammonnnn

Why do so many people rate 'Capitalism a love story'? Sure it highlights some aspects of the fraud going on but totally fails to identify the real culprits and constantly blames the 'free market' which doesn't exist.

I'd like to see MM do a film in co-operation with people who really understand it (like the people who made Inside Job). MM is brilliant at filmmaking and highlighting how things affect real people. Mind you I doubt he'd do it being basically a deluded commie. I'd prefer even the corrupt capitalism we have to day than that.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The picture above (for the trailer) really illustrates one of my big bug-bears. Why does everyone in a position of power feel the need to wear a charcoal-grey suit? Nobody has ever dictated this as a style of dress for the managerial class, but yet they still do it.

The only other context in which men dress with such uniformity is black-tie balls. But I thought that was so nobody would upstage the ladies.

So, who are these people trying not to upstage?

Or is the world run by people who are afraid to wear a nice harris tweed jacket with cords, or a smart blue Nehru suit? Or a rakish purple velvet smoking jacket with cravat?

Where does this conformity come from? It's everywhere.

What's going on with the charcoal grey?

And what is most sickening is how they use their ties to send subiminal messages. For example, look at any footage from just before the Iraq war, and all our politicians were wearing pale blue ties. About the same blue as the United Nations use. Or Gordon Brown, suddenly swapping his red tie for a purple one, to show that he could merge red with blue. I'm not sure, but didn't Cameron start wearing yellow ties when the Coalition was being forged?

I think one of the greatest HPC nuggets of wisdom (apologies, I can't remember who said it first) is DON'T TRUST ANYBODY WEARING A TIE.

And, more specifically when it comes to estate agents - the bigger the knot, the less they deserve your trust.