House Price Crash Forum

Nick Robinson Grabs Protesters Sign.

timebandit

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

If the BBC want to control the backdrop to their broadcasts they should pay for a studio, not film in a public space for free.

It's not 'free'. The BBC charges the license payer a lot of money each year, under threat of jail, to carry out those broadcasts. ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446

Trouble with forums is you have to write a bleedin' essay to avoid being misunderstood.

Yes, absolutely, illegal wars are wrong. Murdering civilians is wrong.

But be careful with your logic.

Illegal wars are not all wars. Military action in response to military action, is not wrong.

Being unquestioningly anti war is not credible geopolitical plan. History documents this.

In fact just being antiwar full stop is no plan at all.

Any more than wading into Iraq with no exit strategy.

Who says they're unquestioningly lt anti-war. I'm not, but I hate seeing civilians being murdered in so-called 'anti-insurgency' campaigns. And I object to wars without a purpose. The UK doesn't seem to cope with peace very well - seems to be in a state of eternal war with some country or population somewhere. Ever wondered why?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Out of interest, why exactly are we still in Iraq?

Firstly it was about WOMD but then we discovered they didn't exist, then it was about deposing Saddam, but he has had his neck stretched now, so what is the actual reason nowadays? Surely unless there is a good reason to be there, there is a hell of a lot of money to be saved by withdrawing?

Operation Iraqi Liberation

That's what they originally were going to call it. Biggest armed robbery ever.

Archived