House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timebandit

Nick Robinson Grabs Protesters Sign.

Hmm yes, Cockney W****r's grip on his sign must have been rather loose for Robinson to grab it so easily. I like how the top rated comment is calling Robinson a Tory lover. Deary me.

Ee shud be ashamed of 'imself innit.

http://www.beehivecity.com/politics/nick-robinson-smashes-anti-war-protest-banner-after-bbc-news105423/

There was the BBC political editor Nick Robinson just trying to do his job, reporting live on the BBC Six O’Clock News when disaster struck … an anti-war protester stuck a banner up behind him (see below).

Now Nick’s a consummate professional and got on with his important work of analysing the Government’s spending review … until that is, the link ended and the furious journalist took matters into his own hands, grabbed the sign and smashed the ‘Cut the war, not the poor’ banner’ to pieces.

Moral of this tale: Don't poke your fellow monkeys with sticks if you value the stick.

They should sue him for 10 quid for trespass to chattels, maybe criminal damage too?

I think this can be seen on two levels:

Firstly, the 'Rights of Man' level, where Robinson is threatening the very freedoms which our grandfathers and great-gra--- etc.

Seconds, the 'My Nose is Running With The Cold and I'll Have to Do Another Damned Take Because of That Git With the Sign' level where Robinson just wants to go home for his tea... :)

Out of interest, why exactly are we still in Iraq?

Firstly it was about WOMD but then we discovered they didn't exist, then it was about deposing Saddam, but he has had his neck stretched now, so what is the actual reason nowadays? Surely unless there is a good reason to be there, there is a hell of a lot of money to be saved by withdrawing?

Out of interest, why exactly are we still in Iraq?

Firstly it was about WOMD but then we discovered they didn't exist, then it was about deposing Saddam, but he has had his neck stretched now, so what is the actual reason nowadays? Surely unless there is a good reason to be there, there is a hell of a lot of money to be saved by withdrawing?

It's a great way of funneling public money to insiders and Dave and Georgie want their time at the trough.

OP - he'd probably just had a bad day, we all have them. If it was pre meditated it would be different but he looks like a bloke who's just cracked under pressure to me.

It's a great way of funneling public money to insiders and Dave and Georgie want their time at the trough.

OP - he'd probably just had a bad day, we all have them. If it was pre meditated it would be different but he looks like a bloke who's just cracked under pressure to me.

Yeah, can you imagine the strain it puts on you to read stuff in front of a camera every day? ;)

Yeah, can you imagine the strain it puts on you to read stuff you know isn't true for people who have just shafted your pension who you thought were your friends in front of a camera every day? ;)

Fixed?

I really don't get it either. Why don they just video an hour of the houses of parliament on a nice day and then green screen it for every interview? Surely the point of doing it there, live, is to capture the mood and actions of the moment, including protests etc. SO if you don't want to screen the sign, green screen it. If you want live TV interesting warts and all then they got what they want. SO why should he have to retake it? - anyway, he couldn't - it was live.

It was just his personal reaction to the anti war message wasnt it?

He's for the war.

Why?

Because the war was started by his political masters.

They should sue him for 10 quid for trespass to chattels, maybe criminal damage too?

The protestors should hire their own film crew and pay for distribution or ask the BBC for an interview.

Not try to obtain very expensive production and distribution for free.

Wake me up when ex-soldiers, parents of serving military, right wing politicians etc start waving anti war placards. Nothing to learn from wide eyed left wing idealists with knee jerk reactions anything military.

Quick to condemn military action, slow to explain their credible, practial alternatives.

Yeah, can you imagine the strain it puts on you to read stuff in front of a camera every day? ;)

....yeah especially on minimum wage, he should get 6 quid an hour at least.

Quick to condemn military action, slow to explain their credible, practial alternatives.

Anything is more practical than flying 1000s of young British men to Middle East in order to murder some 100,000s of poor Iraqis.

The protestors should hire their own film crew and pay for distribution or ask the BBC for an interview.

Wake me up when ex-soldiers, parents of serving military, right wing politicians etc start waving anti war placards. Nothing to learn from wide eyed left wing idealists with knee jerk reactions anything military.

Maybe the protestor has paid his license fee.

The politicial classes and the rampant VIs (ESPECIALLY HOUSING) always seem to be able to "obtain very expensive production and distribution for free"

Anything is more practical than flying 1000s of young British men to Middle East in order to murder some 100,000s of poor Iraqis.

Trouble with forums is you have to write a bleedin' essay to avoid being misunderstood.

Yes, absolutely, illegal wars are wrong. Murdering civilians is wrong.

But be careful with your logic.

Illegal wars are not all wars. Military action in response to military action, is not wrong.

Being unquestioningly anti war is not credible geopolitical plan. History documents this.

In fact just being antiwar full stop is no plan at all.

Any more than wading into Iraq with no exit strategy.

If the BBC want to control the backdrop to their broadcasts they should pay for a studio, not film in a public space for free.

If the BBC want to control the backdrop to their broadcasts they should pay for a studio, not film in a public space for free.

I suppose it's just convenient sometimes to film on the College Green so that it's easier to speak with MPs.

I imagine that studio space in Westminster is pretty limited -- the Daily Politics studio (which I think is based in Westminster, although how close to the Commons I don't know) looks like it isn't much more than a shoebox.

It may even be cheaper to stick Nick Robinson (and his ilk) in some studio, but that possibly wouldn't be as good.

When protesters are shouting (for example) that Norman Lamont is... well something beginning with 'f' anyway... while he's there on the Green being interviewed must be a bit tiresome for all concerned! ;)

I'm on his side, it looked like it was touching his shoudler and back at the end of the broadcast which would piss him off enough to break the placard once they cut.

Protestor could be done for assault if they want to go all legal instead of realising they were being twats and it all balances out.

Protestor could be done for assault if they want to go all legal instead of realising they were being twats and it all balances out.

Is twit-age a criminal offence - or is it a grey area?