House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Osborne Just Gave Green Light To Merv To Print

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/osborne-says-bank-free-to-help-bolster-economy-reuters_molt-bf43ba4235b7.html?x=0

Osborne says Bank free to help bolster economy
:Economic news.8:50, Thursday 21 October 2010
LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England monetary policy can help to shore up the economy while Britain is cutting public spending to rein in its budget deficit, Chancellor George Osborne said on Thursday.
"The country needs a decisive plan, we've set out the decisive plan ... It has some caution built into it, there is of course the freedom for the Bank of England to deploy monetary policy tools as well," Osborne told BBC Radio.

So much for an independent BoE.

LONDON (Reuters) - Bank of England monetary policy can help to shore up the economy while Britain is cutting public spending to rein in its budget deficit, Chancellor George Osborne said on Thursday.

"The country needs a decisive plan, we've set out the decisive plan ... It has some caution built into it, there is of course the freedom for the Bank of England to deploy monetary policy tools as well," Osborne told BBC Radio.[/indent]

BoE also has to maintain financial stability as their main remit.

With fiscal austerity, I see little alternative but to print and/or keep base rates very low. This is the only possibility and will work just fine until there is a crisis and then all hell breaks loose.

That's why I've signed up to a tracker mortgage. My savings are being wiped out so am buying building land instead which has already crashed by ~60% near me.

That's why I've signed up to a tracker mortgage. My savings are being wiped out so am buying building land instead which has already crashed by ~60% near me.

really?, tell me where I can get a 10yr CAPPED tracker mortgage please?

He has already states they can print a week or two ago. The main obstacle to printing is inflation, at 3.1% (4.5% RPI) and looks set to rise further with higher commodity prices, the VAT rise and weak sterling.

Merv admitted on Sunday he expects inflation to be over target till the end of next year. I think we will be looking at 4-5% by January. If they decide to print with inflation at such a high level the MPC will be completely discredited. I think you would see a nasty reaction from the markets. The US is in a much better position to print than us as inflation is much lower and the $ is more resilient.

If growth slows down significantly and inflation falls under target we will definitely see printing. Until that happens the presses will remain on ice.

Merv admitted on Sunday he expects inflation to be over target till the end of next year.

There's over-target, and then there's taking the piss.

Also, so they print money, how does that work itself into the economy ?

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/osborne-says-bank-free-to-help-bolster-economy-reuters_molt-bf43ba4235b7.html?x=0

Osborne says Bank free to help bolster economy
:Economic news.8:50, Thursday 21 October 2010
"The country needs a decisive plan, we've set out the decisive plan ... It has some caution built into it, there is of course the freedom for the Bank of England to deploy monetary policy tools as well," Osborne told BBC Radio.

Confirms my judgement that yesterday's CSR was for the banks.

More low interest liquidity for the banks and the perfect opportunity for the criminals to sell their toxic "assets" at an inflated rate, thus transferring more wealth from the people to the banksters.

If they print then that will push up commodity prices and put more downward pressure on the economy

So they'll need to print even more. Simple.

If we assume everyone in charge is an idiot then it all makes perfect sense.

how do you go about finding building land?

I'd be interested in a couple of plots at 60% off

Confirms my judgement that yesterday's CSR was for the banks.

More low interest liquidity for the banks and the perfect opportunity for the criminals to sell their toxic "assets" at an inflated rate, thus transferring more wealth from the people to the banksters.

I think thats the scam as well too.

Merv's remit is to keep his banker chums in bonuses.

how do you go about finding building land?

I'd be interested in a couple of plots at 60% off

The plot already has a small house on it, just came up on rightmove. Price is less than previous plots for sale that were between 1/3 and 1/2 of the size of mine. Forced seller with debt/divorce involved.

At the peak, 1/3rd acre and permission for 1 house would have an asking price of £350K (£400k for 0.4), a recent listing for 1.5 acres and permission for one house was £350K so you can get 4.5x more land now in this case. The plots are <100m away from each other with similar access and views so pretty comparable.