House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Min And Max Price Targets

I have been hearing that some sellers cannot accept a price below a fixed level because they need the cash for the next run or to plug the whole from the higher lending requirements (they bought with high ltv products in the past) . For many demand seems to be zero at this price (the take it off the market response and re-sell at a later date ) . It is worrying for demand if the 2005/6/7 lot are stuck in the bottom rung and ftb demand also weak and subject to maximum prices . Are the EA's worried?

They should be. Many of today's vendors are people who tried to sell in 07/08 but couldn't so removed from Market for prices to recover. They've waited three years and now are even more desperate to move. So have tried again when prices look like they were nearing 07 levels again. This is what has caused the glut in supply not HIPS removal.

I think eventually the need to move will cause these people to sell up at a loss and rent. I know of a couple of friends of friends planning to do this and also seen a few people on MSE doing it also. There's only so long before a growing family/nasty neighbours etc gets too much to bear. This may be why you see so more no chain properties for sale.

They should be. Many of today's vendors are people who tried to sell in 07/08 but couldn't so removed from Market for prices to recover. They've waited three years and now are even more desperate to move. So have tried again when prices look like they were nearing 07 levels again. This is what has caused the glut in supply not HIPS removal.

I think eventually the need to move will cause these people to sell up at a loss and rent. I know of a couple of friends of friends planning to do this and also seen a few people on MSE doing it also. There's only so long before a growing family/nasty neighbours etc gets too much to bear. This may be why you see so more no chain properties for sale.

Your post is true. I have also noticed many more much higher priced homes coming on for sale and some with no chain. Many more for rent too some being for sale at the same time.