House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

Does Maggie Thatcher Deserve A State Funeral?

Although I voted yes, it is too great an honour.

Nelson, Churchill OK, but Margaret Thatcher did not save the nation.

A good PM, but not state funeral material.

No, but nor does she deserve the condemnation she receives from some quarters. Thatcher delivered the wake-up slap the country desperately needed as it wallowed around in nostalgia, myopia and self-pity. In fact Thatcher's harshest critics today still seem to be suffering from that same malaise that once afflicted the nation. They say she was brutal but perhaps Thatcher didn't slap them hard enough. 30 years on I'm still waiting for her critics to come up with an alternative.

Yes but only to counter the attacks she gets. Thatchers aim was to get the country profitable, promote businesses that generate income kill off industry that was costing money, it needed to be done and it needed a heavy hand at the time, and and it probably needs to be done again...

Yes but only to counter the attacks she gets. Thatchers aim was to get the country profitable, promote businesses that generate income kill off industry that was costing money, it needed to be done and it needed a heavy hand at the time, and and it probably needs to be done again...

It's too late.She should have had one 30 years ago.

so get rid of the banks? :lol:

No.

If churchill is the only non royal to have one so far then it hasnt been corrupted yet, like KBEs. OBEs etc.

You know if they give Thatcher one, there will be calls to give bliar one, then beckham, then Dizzie Rascal and anyone else who ITV2 decides is flavour of the month.

OBEs are already a travesty. Lets not extend it to everything else.

No.

If churchill is the only non royal to have one so far then it hasnt been corrupted yet, like KBEs. OBEs etc.

You know if they give Thatcher one, there will be calls to give bliar one, then beckham, then Dizzie Rascal and anyone else who ITV2 decides is flavour of the month.

OBEs are already a travesty. Lets not extend it to everything else.

Nelson and the Duke of Wellington, too.

I voted yes, she is one of the most influential Prime Ministers ever. Our first female leader - and a grocer's daughter to boot - without a wimmins shortlist or focus group in sight. Eat that lefties - stick your earnest, stunted notions of 'fairness' up your a*se.

Of course, said lefties will be dancing a jig when she dies despite having little understanding of what she did.

And of course, when people like myself breathe a sigh of relief at Tony F*cking Benn's imminent entry to lefty heaven, we will be typical eeevil Tories. B)

Frankie Boyle said something along the lines of "For the cost of a state funeral, you could give every man, woman and child in Scotland a spade. We'll dig a hole so deep, you'll be able to hand her over to the devil personally."

Sums it up for me.....

Frankie Boyle said something along the lines of "For the cost of a state funeral, you could give every man, woman and child in Scotland a spade. We'll dig a hole so deep, you'll be able to hand her over to the devil personally."

Sums it up for me.....

Typical of a Scot to expect the State to hand out the damn spades. <_<

Surely a privatized funeral would be more appropriate. Companies could bid for advertising billboard space along the procession route.

I think it would be good to see 888.com plastered on the side of Maggie's coffin...

It'd almost be worth it just to see the left go absolutely batsh*t with psychotic hatred.

But in seriousness, nah, Arthur Scargill and General Galtieri don't exactly stack up when compared to der Fuhrer and a million heavily armed Germans...

I voted yes, she is one of the most influential Prime Ministers ever. Our first female leader - and a grocer's daughter to boot - without a wimmins shortlist or focus group in sight. Eat that lefties - stick your earnest, stunted notions of 'fairness' up your a*se.

Of course, said lefties will be dancing a jig when she dies despite having little understanding of what she did.

And of course, when people like myself breathe a sigh of relief at Tony F*cking Benn's imminent entry to lefty heaven, we will be typical eeevil Tories. B)

+1

Aye Aye... from one not originally from these shores...

Does Maggie Thatcher Deserve A State Funeral?

If she gets one then that honour should also be bestowed upon me for what I went through as a past Moderator of hpc,co.uk.

Stood firm in my bunker as the shells came in thick and fast until through exhaustion was rescued and sent to convalescence at a Butlin`s Holiday Camp. :D

Surely a privatized funeral would be more appropriate. Companies could bid for advertising billboard space along the procession route.

She was pro-EU too.

Would be ironic giving someone who spent the best part of a decade trying to destroy the nation state a state funeral.

If she gets one then that honour should also be bestowed upon me for what I went through as a past Moderator of hpc,co.uk.

Stood firm in my bunker as the shells came in thick and fast until through exhaustion was rescued and sent to convalescence at a Butlin`s Holiday Camp. :D

I'll second that CTT. Like Thatcher, you stood up to a barrage of abuse from a rabble of unproductive, self righteous wingebags.

Can't forgive the messing with the G*ld thread though. B)