House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldilocksporridge

Employer And Management Dirty Tricks

Selling you one job with a job specification - but not telling you the place is in a complete mess - therefore in order to get the job done properly you have to run around and do or help do other people jobs for them.

Expecting perfection with Little or no organisation, procedures, or support behind a person - effectively dumping them at a desk and hoping for the best.

Little or no active management - the only time you hear from the boss is when something has gone wrong.

Exclusion from Management meeting - and generally keeping information to themselves - and generally making everyone else jobs more difficult by postponing decisions - a general culture of secrecy.

Attempting to change the rate you agreed after an interview.

Selling you one job with a job specification - but not telling you the place is in a complete mess - therefore in order to get the job done properly you have to run around and do or help do other people jobs for them.

Expecting perfection with Little or no organisation, procedures, or support behind a person - effectively dumping them at a desk and hoping for the best.

Little or no active management - the only time you hear from the boss is when something has gone wrong.

Exclusion from Management meeting - and generally keeping information to themselves - and generally making everyone else jobs more difficult by postponing decisions - a general culture of secrecy.

Sounds like most jobs to me.

Sort it out and your level, get promoted and sort it out at the next level.... Why the them and us, if you are so good make it better :)

Sort it out and your level, get promoted and sort it out at the next level.... Why the them and us, if you are so good make it better :)

Very rarely is genuine talent recognised. Most 'management teams' - them - are cartels, to get in you have to fit more on a personality level than on an ability one. The longer a management team has been together the more they slide into self preservation mode and as a result more and more of their time is spent maintaining the status quo whilst their work is kicked down the line - to you. Unfortunately they rarely kick the required information required to do the work.

Ability below is played and belittled to make you feel unworthy and thus strive harder to gain approval, which rarely, if ever comes.

Most high level managers are aware of this problem; few have the balls to deal with it.

Once you become aware that they will no doubts have bigger mortgages, wives and families with bigger expectations and self imposed pressures of social climbing you start to see how their behaviours are dictated more by emotion (fear) than logic.

Then you realise they need you to maintain them in their position - to provide them with their successes and to take the heat for their failures.

I am no threat to my boss, I've made it clear on numerous occasions that I enjoy the job I do and the people I work with and that he is just an unfortunate hindrance that we have to work around. As a result I rarely see him and he doesn't play silly games with me.

Damo's Law of managerial entropy states that 'A management team that has been together for more than five years will result in a fall in productivity equal to the detractive effort required to keep their fat lazy rses in a job, plus an equal loss in productivity from ever tier bellow their position' :)

It's a game where you have to learn the hidden rules.

Failing that, learn the Freemason handshake and hope for the best.

obama-freemason-handshake-02.png

^Look at where this young man is now

Very rarely is genuine talent recognised. Most 'management teams' - them - are cartels, to get in you have to fit more on a personality level than on an ability one. The longer a management team has been together the more they slide into self preservation mode and as a result more and more of their time is spent maintaining the status quo whilst their work is kicked down the line - to you. Unfortunately they rarely kick the required information required to do the work.

Ability below is played and belittled to make you feel unworthy and thus strive harder to gain approval, which rarely, if ever comes.

Most high level managers are aware of this problem; few have the balls to deal with it.

Once you become aware that they will no doubts have bigger mortgages, wives and families with bigger expectations and self imposed pressures of social climbing you start to see how their behaviours are dictated more by emotion (fear) than logic.

Then you realise they need you to maintain them in their position - to provide them with their successes and to take the heat for their failures.

I am no threat to my boss, I've made it clear on numerous occasions that I enjoy the job I do and the people I work with and that he is just an unfortunate hindrance that we have to work around. As a result I rarely see him and he doesn't play silly games with me.

Damo's Law of managerial entropy states that 'A management team that has been together for more than five years will result in a fall in productivity equal to the detractive effort required to keep their fat lazy rses in a job, plus an equal loss in productivity from ever tier bellow their position' :)

I suppose it peer pressure - there are many decent and talented people with good intentions but what happens - they work out that doing your job well only gets you so far - and that avoiding decisions, backstabbing, secrecy - and avoiding managing your staff is the way to success in management. They work out that the most important thing is getting on with the immediate manager, and other managers to get their next move, or what they do it just keep a low profile do nothing so they don't bring any attention to themselves and pick up a salary every month. There entire careers become an exercise in self preservation, and hanging on to their jobs at any cost.

It's a game where you have to learn the hidden rules.

Failing that, learn the Freemason handshake and hope for the best.

obama-freemason-handshake-02.png

^Look at where this young man is now

Great find - even more significance is the 'G' symbol highlighted in red in the background (part of Masonic setsquare/compass + 'G' logo)

With all the different 'sects' of their CULT - They really are two faced b'stards running countries within countries conning people with their version of 'democracy'.

Sounds like most places I've worked.

You're supposed to be an adult! But yes, I know what you mean.

Better than a boss who meddles perpetually.

You want to spend your time in meetings? :blink:

BTDT. You're too far committed to go back when that starts.

In my experience most managers devote over 95% of their time managing their own career and less than 5% managing their staff.

As for processes and procedures they are usually designed to protect the managements a*se when something goes wrong. Much of the time they are kept deliberately hidden from employees so they can be blamed for not following them when the need arises.

In my experience most managers devote over 95% of their time managing their own career and less than 5% managing their staff.

As for processes and procedures they are usually designed to protect the managements a*se when something goes wrong. Much of the time they are kept deliberately hidden from employees so they can be blamed for not following them when the need arises.

Thats a new one hiding procedures - But it sounds plausible, or indeed no guidance or help on how to perform the job - or in fact more likely deliberate sabotage and backstabbing from management to move attention away from their own performance.

making the procedures and vague so open ended that there totally useless.

Or another one - Is lots of people doing the same job but no sharing of information, best practises - so what happens every new project people have to go through trial and error making the same mistakes. I just Really hate this mentality at work !! if thats your mindset than why no go out and setup your own business.

You get lots of people who are doing a decent job - but could do a much better job if they were properly managed - if the gaps in their knowledge and skills were made up by mentoring or just bit decent guidance from more experienced people.

yes I agree most managers are about managing their own career and job survival.

Dude, you need to get out. Honestly. Do a course in something. How about some holistic therapies? Spend your days massaging rich housewives' back and giving them smelling salts.

You're always here with these horrible tales of woe about the modern workplace. I fear for your health.

There are many poor managers about......they see that you are good so they see you as a threat, get to know the managers manager. ;)

Is your boss incompetent ?

Are your co-workers mindless toadies ?

Are your products shite ?

Is your company dysfunctional ?

Guess what ! It's time to start your own business. And with such incompetent competitors, you should wipe the floor with them.

Or maybe not ...

Is your boss incompetent ?

Are your co-workers mindless toadies ?

Are your products shite ?

Is your company dysfunctional ?

Guess what ! It's time to start your own business. And with such incompetent competitors, you should wipe the floor with them.

Or maybe not ...

Maybe its because companies don't have money, or resources to do the part of the business you work in properly, therefore they apply little resources in trying to manage properly - so it becomes a case "be proactive" - so they hope a new start will come in and resolve all the problems they don't have the time, money or will to solve.

Maybe its because companies don't have money, or resources to do the part of the business you work in properly, therefore they apply little resources in trying to manage properly - so it becomes a case "be proactive" - so they hope a new start will come in and resolve all the problems they don't have the time, money or will to solve.

The other problem is that as so many companies are as depressing as you say, the better people quickly leave. So managers are the lazy dregs who never left who have virtually no ability at all. You get a vicious cycle until the company closes or gets amalgamated into something else. Mrs used to suffer a company like this but at the end of the day the product was okay and cheap so the sales team got orders and the management ***** could get away with being useless.

i'm a great boss and my subjects like to come out drinking with me.

Do you buy all the rounds? :huh:

The other problem is that as so many companies are as depressing as you say, the better people quickly leave. So managers are the lazy dregs who never left who have virtually no ability at all. You get a vicious cycle until the company closes or gets amalgamated into something else. Mrs used to suffer a company like this but at the end of the day the product was okay and cheap so the sales team got orders and the management ***** could get away with being useless.

Bad Management - Its just a shame how many good people careers are held back by scumbag companies and bad management. How many of todays enthusiastic graduates will end up bitter disillusioned middle management whose only aim is to cling on to pension age- pulling the same tricks on their subordinates.

Another tactic of management - related to an earlier point - is that give you a job spec, but encourage to do more, or be proactive - so what happens they end up running around doing other people jobs for free - whilst you never get a formal statement asking you to take on extra duties for more pay or perhaps the chance to move into to something else.

I guess unless you can setup your own business, or you have other part time income options - then your pretty much stuck in these environments.

<snip>

Great news. Fix it. Win big.