House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

matroskin

Anyone Knows What Carbon Reduction Commitment Is?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_191696.pdf page 13

......................................................2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15

Carbon Reduction Commitment: no recycling of revenues 715.....730.....995.....1,020

I am trying to figure out what "no recycling of revenues" mean :blink: And I think I got it, the below piece has some clues:

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/what_we_do/lc_uk/crc/crc.aspx#more_about_CRC

The CRC is a mandatory energy efficiency scheme aimed at improving energy efficiency and cutting emissions in large public and private sector organisations. These organisations are responsible for around 10% of the UK’s emissions.

The scheme provides a financial incentive to reduce energy use by putting a price on carbon emissions from such use

Basically, we all be paying increasingly more and more to "large public and private sector organisations" so they can offset their losses from arbitrary CRC levy <_<

Nice little earner for HMG innit? and it is not even called a "tax" :P

Isnt it basically forcing our companies out of business with more environmental regulations so that we have to import more from chinese companies that dont have to worry about environmental regulations?

I heard they get carbon quotas too, the NHS managed up paying BP because BP didnt use all their credits and the NHS needed more.

Usual liebour massive state scheme that does not a lot other than creating thousands of non-jobs.

Torys wont get rid because someone somewhere sometime decided its 'green' and thats good enough for the media,

Isnt it basically forcing our companies out of business with more environmental regulations so that we have to import more from chinese companies that dont have to worry about environmental regulations?

I heard they get carbon quotas too, the NHS managed up paying BP because BP didnt use all their credits and the NHS needed more.

Usual liebour massive state scheme that does not a lot other than creating thousands of non-jobs.

Torys wont get rid because someone somewhere sometime decided its 'green' and thats good enough for the media,

I agree but "no recycling of revenues" is the most important bit I am still trying to put together. Does it mean that before 20 Oct all CRC revenues stayed with DECC and now all the money collected are sent straight to HM Treasury?

another enviro scam

I must admit I am starting to agree (well that the mechanisms are a scam)

I work for the biggest oil company in the World and we see big revenues ahead from Western Countries paying us to sequester CO2 in depleted fields which coincidentially also helps drive more oil out which we can then sell!

Also we pump billions of gallons of seawater into the oil fields to maintain reservoir pressure so the low lying Countries should also pony up for our efforts to mitigate sea level rises :lol:

Closer to home, i was keen to see if they kept this RHI scheme going yesterday.

Im looking at a ******ing great big Daikin high temp air source heat pump to replace multi fuel burners in a repo.

If i've got this right, you will get a grant for about a grand for the initial install, plus £6-700 a year for 18 years, just for running the thing.

As far as i can see, fossil fuel burners will pay for the subsidy in the form of a levy on the fuel.

No brainer really.

Jeez, this is structural. Kurt shifts, massive news.

I don't disagree with the basic science around global warming and I am firmly of the view it is happening.

What I do now accept is that effective measures take a clear second place to outright scams like cap and trade, and paying people to plant pretend trees in the 3rd world.

----------------------------------------------

When I got here, as I get to use company vehicles for work I had thought I would buy a small runabout for personal use. One journey on the Jubail - Dammam road of death has killed any thoughts of a small runabout. I have my eye on a Dodge Durango 5.7L V8 :lol:

Otherwise I try to use the free company buses wherever possible

Closer to home, i was keen to see if they kept this RHI scheme going yesterday.

Im looking at a ******ing great big Daikin high temp air source heat pump to replace multi fuel burners in a repo.

If i've got this right, you will get a grant for about a grand for the initial install, plus £6-700 a year for 18 years, just for running the thing.

As far as i can see, fossil fuel burners will pay for the subsidy in the form of a levy on the fuel.

No brainer really.

In the UK I would support any measure that shifts the UK to a high efficiency Nuclear electric - renewables economy ASAP.

I say that from a position of working for an oil company in the Middle East ;)

Absolutely. The straight forward thing to do would have been to introduce a carbon tax and use the proceeds to reduce business costs elsewhere for example employers NI. However such a scheme would pretty much cut out the banks and other scamsters opportunities to take a big cut. Therefore sensible measures have been ditched for scam schemes like cap and trade which from what you describe transfers money from our health service to oil companies. :angry:

Glad to see that you can see that the effective measures are equivalent to taking a book of matches to a glacier. Sooner or later your core belief may even melt as well.

Today I was working on the largest buried HVAC line in the world it’s a beauty and all powered by the inexhaustible coal……………….

Good to see that you are settling in out there

I am having a ball out here. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. The facilities are fantastic. Going to an 80's night tonight in Khobar! Down side is the bureaucracy has to be seen to be believed. Mind you hours of waiting at various offices for staff to do certain things offers many catnapping opportunities. On Tuesday I had to travel to the main camp and spend all day there for a 5 minute task. Got paid more for sleeping than I would have been paid for a full days work in the UK :lol: