House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Portent

Possible Reason For Supply Rise?

We know from many graphs that demand is flat to falling while supply is rising.But it occured to me today that as vendors become more frustrated by being unable to sell they sometimes put the house on with multiple agents. I've seen some properties on the market with up to 4 agents! So could this, at least in part, explain the increasing supply figures?

add to that the hundreds of new completed city flatlets. the abandoning BTLrs. the renovators and the shrinking population....

while BTLrs were holding 2 properties they has been a HUGE building boom in brownfield flats.

still way overpriced at the mo' but all thats about to change.

Guest tenant super
add to that the hundreds of new completed city flatlets. the abandoning BTLrs. the renovators and the shrinking population....

while BTLrs were holding 2 properties they has been a HUGE building boom in brownfield flats.

still way overpriced at the mo' but all thats about to change.

Absolutely, and there is no sign on Rightmove of new build flats- presumably these are sold directly by the property companies?

Absolutely, and there is no sign on Rightmove of  new build flats- presumably these are sold directly by the property companies?

thats a good point. where do all these barrat flatlets go ?

i sh1t you not, there are 22 high rise cranes in manchester city at the moment.

blocks and blocks of flats are already up. ive never seen anything like it. so you would expect to see hundreds of these in the papers, but its not so obvious really. they keep a low sale profile.

when i go by them at night, alas no lights on in most levels. they are possibly very empty. perhaps shockingly empty. could it be a big building secret.?

and all those uber beds with the japanese weave headboards and rice paper walls going to waste. if only i could reach the mini cooper.....

when i go by them at night, alas no lights on in most levels. they are possibly very empty. perhaps shockingly empty. could it be a big building secret.?

In Australia they just turn on the lights in some of the empty flats to make it look like there's only a few left unoccupied. They open and close the curtains too.