House Price Crash Forum

Crash Prediction

catmandu

HOLA441
HOLA442

I've been studying the figures in great detail over many years, and I'm now ready to forward a prediction that the housing market is going to be slaughtered in the region of Kinloss and Lossiemouth.

Anyone going to bet against that?

I have images of the great plane storage yards in the Arizona desert but a bit colder...and a bit greyer and maybe a but more Scottish.

Edited by geed

HOLA443

I have images of the great plane storage yards in the Arizona desert but a bit colder...and a bit greyer and maybe a but more Scottish.

I really feel for those communities. They rely so much on the bases and there ain't much else there. Can you imagine if you'd just bought a house there - must be looking at 50% falls easily.

HOLA444

It must be bad for houses longer term. I know the area and lots of people living there are ex-RAF who moved there to work for the RAF but then stayed in the area when they left the RAF. I presume that their families may have moved there as well. So the RAF brought lots of people to the area.

In March at Kinloss there were 1,600 service personnel, 300 civilians and 300 civilian contractors.

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/9563/Nimrods_will_leave_behind_air_of_uncertainty.html

Some of those 1,600 will presumably move to other areas to stay with the RAF but others might leave the RAF but stay in the area. If they were in RAF houses they now have to find somewhere to live. So short term might there still be a window to try sell? Lossiemouth isn't decided yet.