House Price Crash Forum
Guinness

Has The Mood Changed ?

Winter has not even begun and already the signs are there.

Job losses, US in trouble, France rebelling, UK in denial and now the markets reacting to all the negativity and thats only the news we are aware of !

You can sound as positive as you like but if you don't truly believe it then its "game over"... this is the beginning of the end. the spending review is irrelevant.

I think tomorrow will prove a major shift in public attitudes, a tidal wave of resentment and anger, and the start of a sharp fall in house prices.

Edited by juvenal

should have gone to specsavers. :)

Having not been since 5 years old, I decided to go to my local opticians once unemployed. I got a free check up and glasses and did my bit for the Keynesians. I'm thinking what illnesses should I report in order to stockpile medicine for any illnesses I might encounter when I re-enter employment and become due for prescription charges again. Dentist check up done, think I'm going to go again :)

I care much more about my health now I'm unemployed.

Job losses, US in trouble, France rebelling, UK in denial and now the markets reacting to all the negativity and thats only the news we are aware of !

You can sound as positive as you like but if you don't truly believe it then its "game over"... this is the beginning of the end. the spending review is irrelevant.

So Ken Clarke is being proved right then?

ITV news was pretty bad on the defence cuts. There's got to be fear around many dinner tables tonight.

Agree with that statement...a few comfortable lifestyles (care of Jo Public) are under threat now.

I dunno, we've had a full on bear fest for 3 years now.

2 million + unemployed.

Dreadful fundamentals.

And yet house prices still not that far from peak.

I'm not sure tomorrow will be big enough to slay the house price bubble.

We need something bigger... Maybe something that will put some pressure on interest rates, or some adjustment which completely removes the appeal of ever speculating in property. Further CGT rises scheduled for next year would be nice.

My mood is good :) although the defence cuts slightly un nerve me.

Dow jones down nearly 2% Down at the moment.

Edited by Pent Up

Let me just check my mood ring....

Hmmm...

Apparently I'm menstruating...

Fvck you c0ckbreath!

(I jest... apologies to all)

hotukdeals has a voucher for an eye test for a fiver at Boots until end of year. They take photos of the inside of your eyes.

They charged me a tenner for that photo, and they keep it.

Sep 28 2010 By Laura Coventry

SNOWFALL in the Cairngorms on Saturday - before the end of offical British Summer Time - have sparked fears we could be facing another long, cold winter.

Temperatures in the Highland mountain range plummeted below freezing as a couple of inches of snow fell at the weekend despite it still being September.

Other parts of Scotland also suffered their coldest September temperatures for nearly 30 years as double figures sank to below zero and frost appeared.

Kinbrace in the Highlands was the chilliest place, recording a temperature of -4.4C, while Loch Glascarnoch had its lowest September since 1993, at -2.6C.

:P

I think tomorrow will prove a major shift in public attitudes, a tidal wave of resentment and anger, and the start of a sharp fall in house prices.
The coalition can blame the last government for the economic mess - but the announcements made tomorrow - and those about defence made today are the responsibility of this government. If the public reaction is bad, the coalition will be gone before the Ark Royal makes its final journey. I keep saying this, but the Lib Dem rank and file will not go along with Clegg's and Cable's apparent secondment to the Tory Party. And a lot of the stiff-starched older ex-military Tory Squirearchy won't be able to stomach the defence cuts, which they'd see as a sop to pacifists. Edited by blankster