House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pluto

Rightmove Houses For Sale

The total number of houses and flats today is 640,000

Last week it was 630,000

Next week ?

Oh, looks to me like more rats trying to abandon ship before she hits the iceburg.

Guest The dude
The total number of houses and flats today is 640,000

Last week it was 630,000

Next week ?

Oh, looks to me like more rats trying to abandon ship before she hits the iceburg.

I agree.....there are 657 properties in Mid Cheshire at the moment. There are quite a few one bedroom flats for sale at 80k. These are truly shoebox proportions. These properties have GOT to be massively reduced. I would say 30k at most would be a reasonable figure. The people selling these properties are living in a dream world.

I agree.....there are 657 properties in Mid Cheshire at the moment.  There are quite a few one bedroom flats for sale at 80k. These are truly shoebox proportions. These properties have GOT to be massively reduced.  I would say 30k at most would be a reasonable figure.  The people selling these properties are living in a dream world.

The problem is EVERYONE has to collectively agree to drop their prices, it's no good if the man in the middle of the chain offers to lower his price so that the person below them can make the jump to his property, allowing that person to discount their property to the first time buyer.

Chains need to be assembled on the understanding that EVERYONE must lower their expectations price wise.

But such is human nature, everyone wants the maximum profit and this is what will cause the collapse, no one is prepared to "give a little"

Guest The dude
The problem is EVERYONE has to collectively agree to drop their prices, it's no good if the man in the middle of the chain offers to lower his price so that the person below them can make the jump to his property, allowing that person to discount their property to the first time buyer.

Chains need to be assembled on the understanding that EVERYONE must lower their expectations price wise.

But such is human nature, everyone wants the maximum profit and this is what will cause the collapse, no one is prepared to "give a little"

Frozen out...I am more assured now of a housing correction than ever before.....my reason: NO ONE CAN AFFORD BLOODY HOUSES ANYMORE...they're up to their eyeballs in debt and shoeboxes are trying to be sold off for astronomical amounts.

TYPICAL EARLY-STAGE CORRECTION MENTALITY....everyone is hoping the prices will come back up.

ITS TIME TO BUY WHEN THEY ARE DESPERATE TO ACCEPT EVEN THE MOST DERISORY OFFER YOU CAN THINK OF/PUT TO THEM WITHOUT HESITATION.

I think what will happen is we will see natural low price chain's forming. Those simply holding out for top price won't get offers where as those that do take a lower offer will form chains with simila vendors (simply because they will be the only ones selling).