House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Spart

Boris Johnson : Asking The Middle Classes To "wean" Themselves

From the Evening Standard:

Squash house prices at your peril, Boris Johnson tells the coalition Pippa Crerar, City Hall Editor

Boris Johnson today urged the coalition to leave London's rising house prices alone or risk worsening the housing crisis.

He warned the Government that proposals to deliberately "flatten" the market could lead to a sharp spike in prices as the economy improved.

The Mayor said that the move would be "risky" in the short term as it would damage the confidence needed for economic recovery. And he predicted that asking the middle classes to "wean" themselves off house-price inflation was "unachievable" in the longer term.

Cont'd.

From the BBC:

17 October 2010 Last updated at 22:00

Drug addicts across the UK are being offered money to be sterilised by an American charity.

Project Prevention is offering to pay £200 to any drug user in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Leicester and parts of Wales who agrees to be operated on.

The first person in the UK to accept the cash is drug addict "John" from Leicester who says he "should never be a father".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11545519

Not that I'm suggesting anything of course. :lol:

Edited by Dave Spart

17 October 2010 Last updated at 22:00

Drug addicts across the UK are being offered money to be sterilised by an American charity.

Project Prevention is offering to pay £200 to any drug user in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Leicester and parts of Wales who agrees to be operated on.

The first person in the UK to accept the cash is drug addict "John" from Leicester who says he "should never be a father".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-11545519

Finally! A charity I can support.

From the Evening Standard:

From the BBC:

Not that I'm suggesting anything of course. :lol:

Sounds like a load of Bullingdon Balls!

Has anyone done any background research on Johnson - directorships/shares/vi relatives/close workmates/masonics re house vi?

Has anyone done any background research on Johnson - directorships/shares/vi relatives/close workmates/masonics re house vi?

Here is his register of interests

BJ REGISTER

Towards the bottom you will see the following.

1(a)(ix) – Any land which is in the area of the Authority and in which I have a beneficial interest (including your own home):

* Sensitive Information (within paragraph 14(3) of the Code of Conduct)

Typical. No answer.

If you would like to write to him about it:

mayor@london.gov.uk

Edited by Stickleback

Here is his register of interests

BJ REGISTER

Towards the bottom you will see the following.

1(a)(ix) – Any land which is in the area of the Authority and in which I have a beneficial interest (including your own home):

* Sensitive Information (within paragraph 14(3) of the Code of Conduct)

Typical. No answer.

If you would like to write to him about it:

mayor@london.gov.uk

Sensitive information

Where I consider that any of the information required to be registered is sensitive information (because its availability for public inspection creates or is likely to create a serious risk for me or, a person who lives with me may be subject to violence or intimidation) I must contact the Monitoring Officer and get agreement that this information does not have to be included. This also applies to additional interests and/or changes to my Register of Interests. If sensitive information that has been excluded is no longer sensitive, I must add this information to my form within 28 days of becoming aware of this.

The above(and the "coz of terrorism") clause is the same bullshite that members of House of Lords hide behind, so you can't investigate their

Vi Company ownership/shareholdings (farming / sugar companies)

Millions of Acres of vested interest

Millions of euros defra CAP farming subsidy payments

off-shore tax evasion thru family 'trusts'!

Edited by erranta

Sensitive information

Where I consider that any of the information required to be registered is sensitive information (because its availability for public inspection creates or is likely to create a serious risk for me or, a person who lives with me may be subject to violence or intimidation) I must contact the Monitoring Officer and get agreement that this information does not have to be included. This also applies to additional interests and/or changes to my Register of Interests. If sensitive information that has been excluded is no longer sensitive, I must add this information to my form within 28 days of becoming aware of this.

The above(and the "coz of terrorism") clause is the same bullshite that members of House of Lords hide behind, so you can't investigate their

Vi Company ownership/shareholdings (farming / sugar companies)

Millions of Acres of vested interest

Millions of euros defra CAP farming subsidy payments

off-shore tax evasion thru family 'trusts'!

OTOH, maybe he only owns the one house and doesn't want his address to be made public.

OTOH, maybe he only owns the one house and doesn't want his address to be made public.

Why?

Serious question - he can find out where I live.

Or maybe he is better than me.

Johnson is on record as saying that as a child they moved house a great number of times. No doubt his Dad was flipping to make the money to send young Boris to Eton and Oxford.

Property speculation must be in the Johnson genes.

If you see the property industry as analagous to the illegal narcotics industry some interesting possibilities open up.

• HPI - you know you want some.
  • I's are good, I's are good, I's are good, Its EbenIser Good.
  • Miami Vice Crunch. Stylish police drama in which undercover officers attempt to stop the flow of deadly narcotics credit.
  • The DEA becomes the PEA (Property Enforcement Agency) etc etc.

To think these same middle class *****ers lecture about the dangers of drug use. They've brain washed us into thinking that the narcotics business is nefarious and insidious and to be rejected and condemned at every opportunity, that drug addiction is bad but house price addiction is perfectly respectable, that drugs destroy lives but ever bigger dosages of mortgage is virtuous, that puffing a spliff is sinful but ramping property is to be applauded. It's the barons, the pushers and the users of property ("P") that have wrought infinitely more damage on the UK then their narcotic counterparts could even dream of.

Edited by Dave Spart

If you see the property industry as analagous to the illegal narcotics industry some interesting possibilities open up.

• HPI - you know you want some.
  • I's are good, I's are good, I's are good, Its EbenIser Good.
  • Miami Vice Crunch. Stylish police drama in which undercover officers attempt to stop the flow of narcotics credit.
  • The DEA becomes the PEA (Property Enforcement Agency) etc etc.

To think these same middle class *****ers lecture about the dangers of drug use. They've brain washed us into thinking that the narcotics business is nefarious and insidious and to be rejected and condemned at every opportunity, that drug addiction is bad but house price addiction is perfectly respectable, that drugs destroy lives but ever bigger dosages of mortgage is virtuous, that puffing a spliff is sinful but ramping property is to be applauded. It's the barons, the pushers and the users of property ("P") that have wrought infinitely more damage on the UK then their narcotic counterparts could even dream of.

Nearly

If the banksters were not snorting so much at their exclusive parties - they may have realised what they were buying/trading with!

If the banksters were not snorting so much at their exclusive parties - they may have realised what they were buying/trading with!

True, but in this instance my anger is aimed straight at the hypocrisy of thse property addicts, the middle class.