House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Simon Cowell Secures Deal To Extend The X Factor For Three More Years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/8071827/Simon-Cowell-secures-deal-to-extend-The-X-Factor-for-three-more-years.html

The broadcaster said it has also secured The X Factor and the exclusive UK broadcast rights to the American version of The X Factor and America's Got Talent for ITV2.

Under the new agreement, which extends ITV's successful nine-year relationship with Simon Cowell until 2013, Britain's Got Talent will return to ITV1 in late spring 2011 and The X Factor in autumn 2011. ITV2 will also continue to broadcast shows The Xtra Factor and Britain's Got More Talent.

"I am committed to making sure both shows get bigger and better every year. I have a lot to thank ITV for; they have been key in making The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent the UK's biggest television shows," said Simon Cowell .

Peter Fincham, ITV director of television, said both TV shows are "a national obsession".

At least if there is a double dip we can all continue to watch the X-factor.

Does anyone actually watch anything on ITV these days? It's crap.

I keep meaning to post that.

Apart from the odd bit of motorsport and the occassional trashy film, I can't recall when I would watch anything that ITV broadcast on any of their channels.

Just in the last month or so:

Joe Maddigan's War

Albert's Memorial

Downton Abbey

Whitechapel

Wild Britain with Ray Mears

They do make or commission other programmes ;)

Does anyone actually watch anything on ITV these days?

Not me.

My week's TV viewing.

The Inbetweeners (viewed on C4's YouTube channel)

The Apprentice (viewed on iPlayer)

Does anyone actually watch anything on ITV these days? It's crap.

Can't remember that last thing that I've watched, the wife has the soaps on but then I fire up the laptop.

The kids like the Cube.

I think the last thing I put on was the England match and like the everything else that was crap as well.

For me, X-factor epitomises this whole depressing period

Spawned by the hideous vacuous, celebrity, boom culture of the noughties, it now remains there like a bad smell to provide a depressed population with something to look forward to during these grey, wintery recession times

Spawned by the hideous vacuous, celebrity, boom culture of the noughties, it now remains there like a bad smell to provide a depressed population with something to look forward to during these grey, wintery recession times

+1

+1

as I've quoted before.

"the hysterical worship of trivial idols"

'I know where Wham live'...Bill Hicks

(strong language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfvVpKQ0qac

******ing brilliant

Much like Nirvana, Hicks' legacy has been hijacked by all sorts of freaks and goths who proclaim him to be the second coming, some sort of shamen/messiah, which has resulted in the inevitable backlash of people claiming his was over-hyped/overrated

When all he was was a truly excellent stand-up comic

His modern day equivalent is the guy in my avatar, Doug Stanhope

Check him out