House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick It Down

Looking Hungover Despite Not Being

Baggy tired eyes, puffy face..I always used to take these as signs that someone had had one too many the night before! But now I seem to be like this until at least midday..I have an OK diet and have smoothies and green veg etc and plenty of sleep. I'm even getting paranoid my co-workers are starting to suspect I have a problem :huh:

Baggy tired eyes, puffy face..I always used to take these as signs that someone had had one too many the night before! But now I seem to be like this until at least midday..I have an OK diet and have smoothies and green veg etc and plenty of sleep. I'm even getting paranoid my co-workers are starting to suspect I have a problem :huh:

1281_lg.gif

Less is more. Cut down on all drinks - tea, coffee, soft drinks, alcohol & smoothies.

Replace with 2 litres of plain water every day.

You should start to see a difference within 3-4 days.

Less is more. Cut down on all drinks - tea, coffee, soft drinks, alcohol & smoothies.

Replace with 2 litres of plain water every day.

You should start to see a difference within 3-4 days.

Agreed.

Coffee and black tea (called simply tea in the UK) are not good.

Smoothies and other fruit juices are as bad for your liver as wine or beer - and it all comes out on your face. Sugar is poison.

But don't cut down on all tea! White tea, redbush tea, nettle tea and green tea will really improve the way you look&feel.

Agreed.

Smoothies and other fruit juices are as bad for your liver as wine or beer - and it all comes out on your face. Sugar is poison.

But don't cut down on all tea! White tea, redbush tea, nettle tea and green tea will really improve the way you look&feel.

Really. My skin is hit and miss, but I think the last 3 years of holidays have really taken it's toll tbh.

I sometimes use a loreal skin cream or just aftersun, there doesn't seem to be too much difference between them.

Agreed.

Is this fact? I always thought fruit juice was really good for you??

I mainly drink water anyway.

Are you sure about the smoothies? By that logic would you not go near most fruit?

For example I frequently make a smoothie for breakfast where I put in almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, a bannana, some berries, and some protein powder. All nutritious ingredients I thought...

Don't go near coffee or tea. Don't eat junk food. The average day consists of smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, stir fry for dinner. Thought I was doing rather well - put everything into fitday.com and seemed to be getting my RDA of just about everything.

Are you sure about the smoothies? By that logic would you not go near most fruit?

For example I frequently make a smoothie for breakfast where I put in almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, a bannana, some berries, and some protein powder. All nutritious ingredients I thought...

Don't go near coffee or tea. Don't eat junk food. The average day consists of smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, stir fry for dinner. Thought I was doing rather well - put everything into fitday.com and seemed to be getting my RDA of just about everything.

You eat the same almost everyday? Christ, I'd rather continue having piles.

All depends how much sugar there is in your smoothie. For example take apples. They're full of simple sugars. Would you be able to eat 6 or 7 of them at once? And yet people drink them as a juice in less than 20 secs. It's then followed by a huge spike in insulin that is not healthy at all...

Watch the whole thing to learn much more about sugar and the real reason behind the obesity epidemic:

All depends how much sugar there is in your smoothie. For example take apples. They're full of simple sugars. Would you be able to eat 6 or 7 of them at once? And yet people drink them as a juice in less than 20 secs. It's then followed by a huge spike in insulin that is not healthy at all...

Watch the whole thing to learn much more about sugar and the real reason behind the obesity epidemic:

I agree totally, but it's important to differentiate between apple juice that you buy in a supermarket, and a smoothie which has some fairly low-gi fruit - I'm not chucking 4 apples in there or a whole bunch of grapes. And I drink it slowly over the course of about 2 hours usually,

I've seen that guys presentation of high fructose corn syrup - I'm assuming this one has a similar message.

I agree totally, but it's important to differentiate between apple juice that you buy in a supermarket, and a smoothie which has some fairly low-gi fruit - I'm not chucking 4 apples in there or a whole bunch of grapes. And I drink it slowly over the course of about 2 hours usually,

90% of people buy their food and drink at a supermarket. This is where the problem starts.

I've just seen an excellent program on BBC Three by Alex Riley. If you buy wine at supermakets, you may want to watch it, too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tthry/Britains_Really_Disgusting_Drinks/

Get drunk the night before. Then you'll have a reason for looking hungover.

Smoothies go down a lot faster than pieces of fruit and you'd probably struggle to eat all of the raw ingredients in one sitting.

Fruit juice has a lot of the fibre taken out which means the sugars are taken up very rapidly, causing a spike. Over the long term that can lead to insulin resistance. A smoothie made with whole fruit does retain the fibre but the sugars still become somewhat separated because a smoothie by definition is processed food.

Smoothies aren't that bad, it's just that fresh, whole fruit is much better. And good, honest tap water.

At least 8 cups of water a day. Quit coffee (and other drinks containing caffeine). Steer clear of dairy products and hydrogenated fats. Take an omega-3 supplement like cod liver oil, and a good multivitamin. Read Patrick Holford. Don't masturbate too much.

To the OP - was it you who once said that you ate "approx two pieces of chicken per day" - going on to say you bought the cheapest you could find and you didn't care about any welfare aspects? I think you said that factory-farmed chickens were better off because they never felt the cold, and were never predated. Maybe the factory farmed meat is catching up with you? Perhaps you should try to enjoy life more: eat good food, drink some decent booze of an evening, moderate your exercise and try not to measure your bmi (or whatever). Get that chip off your shoulder, try to be nice to people and nurture whatever friendships you have. And if you still look rough; relax! We're all getting older.

Christ, listen to all these girly men worrying about their skin. Advertisers dreams, the lot of you.

I intend to look like Lee Marvin by the time I am 40. When he was alive, I mean.

Christ, listen to all these girly men worrying about their skin. Advertisers dreams, the lot of you.

I intend to look like Lee Marvin by the time I am 40. When he was alive, I mean.

it's not like he's going to start wearing make-up

noone likes looking older than they are , thats why the hair loss industry is so big

Smoothies are nice, but I can't imagine that they are healthy.

Drank a box once, then realised over 1000kCal in one go ! That's maybe why I got a headache afterwards.

Now if I buy smoothies I dilute with water. Less sweet, less expensive, still a very nice drink.

My problem is my perma-eyebags - kind of hereditary dark circles under my eyes which don't seem to improve if I cut out caffeine & alcohol (though not given up either for long ever)

Anyone got any tips?

ps bit worse since baby badger came along 5 months ago :huh::)