House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Uriah Heap

Would You Pay To Stop Your Chain Breaking?

This is just passing the FTB discount up the chain – a sort of lightning conductor up to the person cashing out at the top. Seems quite sensible to me.

I heard that FTBs dropping to just 8% of sales was possible because, where no FTB mug was available, the top of the chain was being persuaded to buy the bottom outright, as an "unexpected" investment property.  Like lifting yourself up by your own shoe laces.

A house of cards.

Then its not a chain its a loop! Theres an new idea for a television programme "the property loop".

Exactly, just downsizing as the next best thing to selling outright, and peculiar in that the chain is circular and closed. :unsure:

Edit: must type quicker!

Edited by spline

I would not like to be selling at the moment, I rented to stop my chain from continually breaking,

it went on for a year, I went through 3 buyers and 2 houses that I was going to buy.

Then I got feed up when I lost that second house.

And decided to rent instead. Which I now regret. (O hum!)

Edited by burnt before

You regret renting?  Is there any reason?

Yes, it was only going to be temporary. turn into a 3 year thingy (after redundancy)

I was just about to pay a deposit on a property I was buying after renting for 6 months.

Then got laid off. :o:(

Renting wasn't for selling to rent for profit, just to break a complicated chain.