House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ezekiel

Rightmove Hovel Search

Hi

I passed this place at the weekend on my way back from the in-laws and thought I'd look it up on rightmove. I just love it, not just the outrageous price but also the hideous photo and the floor plan which shows a "Family Room". Given there is no space for raising a family its incredible anyone has the cojones to call it this.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31539932.html

Bearing in mind my first place (1 bedder in Guildford) cost £45k (17 years ago), nothing further illustrates the divorce between the housing market and reality than this place.

Hi

I passed this place at the weekend on my way back from the in-laws and thought I'd look it up on rightmove. I just love it, not just the outrageous price but also the hideous photo and the floor plan which shows a "Family Room". Given there is no space for raising a family its incredible anyone has the cojones to call it this.

Bearing in mind my first place (1 bedder in Guildford) cost £45k (17 years ago), nothing further illustrates the divorce between the housing market and reality than this place.

285K for an outhouse. Still - it is Guilford, a "stone's throw" from London city centre, Heathrow, Gatwick, etc, etc.

Hi

It looks bigger on the inside than it does on the outside. Is it some sort of TARDIS?

I really like it. Shame about the way it's been modernised. Why do people have to paint over beautiful old fireplaces and fill them with twigs?

£75k assuming it's got parking. Didn't read that far.

"Tucked away from The Street behind

another property, where you won't be troubled by unsolicited door knockers and leaflet droppers...."

:lol:

Too feckin' right.

Since when did "door knockers and leaflet droppers" bother delivering to anything that looks like a lean-to coalshed.

Looked to buy in Shalford once - for about half an hour.

Just about the epitome of full-of-sh!t boomers, with an overactive sense of "ooh ooh, it's twee so worth a fortune" entitlement.

Can't wait to see it dragged down, along with the rest of this crash, to where it belongs... "obscure-miles-from-anywhere-one-man-and-his-dog-sh!thole..."

B

Hi

'kin hell!

Thats taking the pi55!!

Spiney.