House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

School Meetings In Evening 'are Sexist', Says Equalities Quango

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321389/School-meetings-evening-sexist-says-equalities-quango.html

Schools and local councils could be guilty of discrimination against women if they hold parents’ or public meetings in the evening because mothers might be at home putting their children to bed.

According to the Equality and Human Rights Commission, the timing of such events could mean some women are unable to attend – a disadvantage that exists because of their domestic duties.

The guidelines from the quango were in a code of practice explaining the new Equality Act, which was passed just before the election and championed by Labour’s deputy leader Harriet Harman.

It states a local council could be hit by a legal claim if, when it holds consultation meetings on a weekday evening, ‘it discovers fewer women than men attend’.

A commission spokesman said: ‘It’s sensible for a public body to think about who it wants to consult and what time of day those people might be available.’

So at what time can everyone attend then? Hold them during the day and obviously no men can attend because they are the only one's that work?

Please tell me this is one of the 'quangos' ready for the chop ?

Please tell me this is one of the 'quangos' ready for the chop ?

Doubt it. The Equality Act has gone into force and we all had an email at work with a helpful pdf explaining how not to be racist, sexist etc etc.

because mothers might be at home putting their children to bed.

:D

F*ckwits.

Doubt it. The Equality Act has gone into force and we all had an email at work with a helpful pdf explaining how not to be racist, sexist etc etc.

If you could upload that it would be hilarious.

a disadvantage that exists because of their domestic duties

"Domestic duties"? Surely this is sexism?

If Boris Johnson had suggested that 'women should pay greater heed to their "domestic duties"' he'd would doubtless find the Equalities Commission coming down on him from a great height.

If you could upload that it would be hilarious.

Actually it was a link to a quango

Fill yer boots

http://www.ecu.ac.uk/publications/equality-act-2010

Edit:

I was supposed to read this as well

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/advice-and-guidance/equality-act-guidance-for-education-providers-further-and-higher-education/

Could you read it for me and tell me what it says?

:)

My word - what a load of drivel.

These are the wonderful people producing this nonsense in order to create a 'fairer' Britain.

http://www.ecu.ac.uk/contact-us

They could just produce lots of leaflets with the following on it and save a lot of time and effort.

"Use your ******ing common sense you ***** - it has worked for ever why stop now and over ******ing complicate things"

But that would be far too easy.

These are the wonderful people producing this nonsense in order to create a 'fairer' Britain.

They could just produce lots of leaflets with the following on it and save a lot of time and effort.

"Use your ******ing common sense you ***** - it has worked for ever why stop now and over ******ing complicate things"

Because there is a general assumption of the lack of common sense - after all, people who actually had any wouldn't have set this sort of thing up in the first place.

Isn't it sexist to assume that women are more likely to be putting children to bed than men? My head's spinning just trying to keep up.

Is it sexist to assume only women can have babies...

The UK is getting more like a Monty Python sketch every day.

Because there is a general assumption of the lack of common sense - after all, people who actually had any wouldn't have set this sort of thing up in the first place.

That is the operating principle of statism - without state assistance we would each explode in a fireball of helpless incompetence.

That is the operating principle of statism - without state assistance we would each explode in a fireball of helpless incompetence.

It's certainly the principle of excessive statism (not of having a state at all), but my point was that there clearly IS a lack of common sense, because only people who don't have any would think that there's a need for such bodies.

EXACTLY what he said.

To the letter.

The sooner they light the bonfire the better.. there's simply too many people in certain parts of the P/S with far too much time on their hands. Idle hands do the devil's work create hundreds of pointless rules and codes of ethic that 99% of the population will never read and almost certainly don't want [to pay for].

Are you all simple?! :rolleyes: Obviously dad couldn't stay at home to put the kids to bed because, like all males, he is a kiddy fiddler.

The moment these idiots are consigned to collecting the JSA the better.

After a couple of hours I get it.....

What they really mean is school meetings in the evening are sexist to single mums. The equalities quango assume they most/lots of parents are separated. Dads can make it because they dont live with mum and kids, and mum cant make it because she has the kids. And they are right if you look a it from the POV of single parents it is very sexist....

Its the Poor single mums argument again, and thinking about it it is probably true there are probably less single mums going to parents evenings (ie. some mums)