House Price Crash Forum

Spend Those Savings Double Quick?

Panda

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Ok, so it's £200bn at the moment, and they are going to increase it to £300bn.

I wonder what types of bonds they are going to buy this time.. :huh:

I presume either government bonds again to support the deficit (although I wasn't aware they were having problems raising money from the markets), or perhaps corporate bonds for a change.. or maybe even dodgy debt bundles the banks are struggling to shift..

Anyone else care to take a guess..?

[Edit to add.. ahh... this is only a CEBR prediction. Still toe in the water stuff]

Edited by libspero

HOLA444

If buying actual gold from banks or their associates there's some ways to test it to avoid being the next group to be defrauded.

SO HOW CAN WE TELL IF IT'S REALLY GOLD?

http://www.howtotestgold.com/

http://www.ehow.com/way_5489425_methods-test-gold-purity.html

http://www.quicktest.co.uk/goldtesting.htm

There are gold imitators with very similar physical characteristics, such as pyrite, that are sold as the real thing.

Don't be caught out by their next scam. Many a person has been surprised to find that their bar, coin or ring has somewhat less gold than they were given to understand.

And precious metals are NOT magnetic - don't let the banks and their associates tell you otherwise.

Edited by billybong

HOLA445

If buying actual gold from banks or their associates there's some ways to test it to avoid being the next group to be defrauded.

Don't be caught out by their next scam. Many a person has been surprised to find that their bar, coin or ring has somewhat less gold than they were given to understand.

And precious metals are NOT magnetic - don't let the banks and their associates tell you otherwise.

Steeling is what is wrong with the economy laugh.gif

HOLA446

I'm tempted to just give up work and let them erode the value of my savings then go on new labour benefits for the rest of my life like non frontline public sector workers, bankers, mp's, benefit scroungers, scumlords, quangos etc are doing. Looks like the media don't want proper cuts so taxes will have to rise to pay for these wasteful useless public leeches and therefore living standards will fall, so what is the point of working in this country.

HOLA447

I'm tempted to just give up work and let them erode the value of my savings then go on new labour benefits for the rest of my life like non frontline public sector workers, bankers, mp's, benefit scroungers, scumlords, quangos etc are doing. Looks like the media don't want proper cuts so taxes will have to rise to pay for these wasteful useless public leeches and therefore living standards will fall, so what is the point of working in this country.

It is a disgrace. I'm unemployed and I'm the first to say minimum wage should rise.

Pay people more than benefits and they will pay tax.

Or don't make living so expensive. Our petrol is nearly thrice that of the Americans.

HOLA448

Just do'in that, sick of it all, i am spending all i have, every friggin penny, enjoying it, training to be a RGN/RMN/Radio-ologist maybe next year, no work just enjoy no debt UNI life, train, pay my fee's, live great, then i ill graduate, i already have a degree in science; will spend it all, when its all gone, will worry, but i have enough to last me 17 years, i am 48....................

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Reports of another £100 Billion of QE, interest rates to remain at 0.5% into 2012. Rightmove asking prices up 3.1%.

Great. After a year of house price indices stupidly rising, Halifax's -3.6% allowed me to give hope to someone very close to me after so long promising we'll get better value for money by continuing to wait. With these headlines I've got some explaining to do in a few hours come 10am. I'll say the same old thing I've been saying for years. That we've got to be patient and house prices can't be sustained, but even I'm beginning to have doubts but still won't be lured into buying. Another £100 Billion, 0.5% rates and SMI.

They're doing everything possible to stop house prices falling in value and wanting younger new buyers to pay a lot more than they would have to do otherwise. This really is the gheyest crash ever. Like they want it spread over decades and younger generations carrying the burden. Crash dammit.

HOLA4411

It is a disgrace. I'm unemployed and I'm the first to say minimum wage should rise.

Pay people more than benefits and they will pay tax.

Or don't make living so expensive. Our petrol is nearly thrice that of the Americans.

How on earth can we make living in the UK less expensive?

If only there were a way that would benefit the whole economy and get more money in peoples pockets, instead of the hands of those greedy bankers...

HOLA4412

Calm down dears! This is only a prediction.

My prediction is that if the MPC take inflationary actions like QE when the inflation rate is already over target I'll be livid and Merv King will be getting a letter from me.

In fact if/when it happens I suggest we organise a mass letter-writing campaign to Merv, physical letters on paper, first-class stamp, dog poo optional, telling him how badly he is doing his job. :angry:

And maybe we should be looking to form some sort of citizens' organisation to protect sterling. Everyone start thinking of a snappy name for it now! ;)

HOLA4413

Just do'in that, sick of it all, i am spending all i have, every friggin penny, enjoying it, training to be a RGN/RMN/Radio-ologist maybe next year, no work just enjoy no debt UNI life, train, pay my fee's, live great, then i ill graduate, i already have a degree in science; will spend it all, when its all gone, will worry, but i have enough to last me 17 years, i am 48....................

RNM/RGN.........you may find they give as many of those jobs as they possibly can to NVQ types. I qualified as an RNLD im redundant as the NVQ squad are doing a dumbed down version of my role for much lower wages and properly qualified nurses are out of fashion in Learning Disability now. I can see no reason why much of the RNM and RGN role wont suffer the same dumbing down route. The govt wont be bothered about it costing lives...putting paranoid Schizophrencics in the community costs hundreds of lives, but hey its cheaper.

HOLA4414

How on earth can we make living in the UK less expensive?

If only there were a way that would benefit the whole economy and get more money in peoples pockets, instead of the hands of those greedy bankers...

If hard earned taxed savings are losing money fast via the devaluation of the pound and artificial inflation practices you are better off spending it or it will go on its own accord....fine if that is the way that they want to play it...but one thing for sure I will not be paying for any un-capped index linked persons pension, so they will have to go....fairness and all that. ;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA4415

They're doing everything possible to stop house prices falling in value....

That's what the banks want - that's what the government do. No matter who won the results would be the same. The banks cannot take the hit if there is an HPC.

HOLA4416

RNM/RGN.........you may find they give as many of those jobs as they possibly can to NVQ types. I qualified as an RNLD im redundant as the NVQ squad are doing a dumbed down version of my role for much lower wages and properly qualified nurses are out of fashion in Learning Disability now. I can see no reason why much of the RNM and RGN role wont suffer the same dumbing down route. The govt wont be bothered about it costing lives...putting paranoid Schizophrencics in the community costs hundreds of lives, but hey its cheaper.

http://www.nurses.co.uk/learning-disabilities-nurse-rnld-jobs__16.html

HOLA4417

And yet quantitative easing need not be a bad thing, what's bad is the way it is being used to fund speculation and bubble stabilisation.

If it were used to produce lasting assets such as, say the Severn Tidal Generator, or, bite me, a hugely expanded council housing stock

that would reduce rents and the future burden of housing benefit payments, where's the harm?

HOLA4418

So why can't individuals be allowed to magic up money from thin air to give to the bankers?

Give me full access to my account and I'll magic up enough free money to clear my debts and give myself some free money to spend in the wider economy and boost spending. I can do this in seconds.

This is clearly easy to fix.

Free money for all and aggregate demand is bound to go up...

HOLA4419

So why can't individuals be allowed to magic up money from thin air to give to the bankers?

Give me full access to my account and I'll magic up enough free money to clear my debts and give myself some free money to spend in the wider economy and boost spending. I can do this in seconds.

This is clearly easy to fix.

Free money for all and aggregate demand is bound to go up...

Because the money would be unlikely to find it's way to creating enduring assets, as opposed to increasing imports.

HOLA4420

Me too!

tim

HOLA4421

Because the money would be unlikely to find it's way to creating enduring assets, as opposed to increasing imports.

And the current system is doing such a good job of that...

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I think it will happen - looking to invest in some miners prior to any decision.

Yes. There is a difference between spending your savings and investing your savings.

I removed every piece of paper 18 months ago...great decision.

The lunatics are running the asylum...Invest accordingly!