House Price Crash Forum

Week Of Cuts Mania: What Do You Want To Know?

HOLA441

Paul Mason of Newsnight:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/paulmason/2010/10/week_of_cuts_mania_what_do_you.html#comments

It is Sunday night and I am getting ready for one of those weeks of hell in journalism where you know roughly the whole choreography of the events before they happen. Monday - new National Security Strategy; Tuesday, first sight of the military spending cuts, first leaks of the CSR. Wednesday: the CSR. Thursday: CSR - the aftermath (subplot - the Libdem anguish). Friday, the bits we missed but were spotted by eagle eyed bloggers, print journos and dweebs.

My question is: what do you want to know amid all this. What are the things Newsnight can tell you, delve into, analyse, etc. And who would you like to see grilled by my esteemed colleagues? This is no empty exercise - I really want to know. Likewise what is making you fed up about the coverage.

It will help me. So hit the comments and gimme your ideas...

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Perhaps you should tell Newsnight that - but isn't that what the politicians want? They don't want you to be French and go out protesting do they? Did you watch Come Dancing and Cheryl Cole on X-Factor?

The politicians don't give a flying ****** what I think, what you think or what anyone on here thinks.

HOLA446

My question is: what do you want to know amid all this. What are the things Newsnight can tell you, delve into, analyse, etc. And who would you like to see grilled by my esteemed colleagues? This is no empty exercise - I really want to know. Likewise what is making you fed up about the coverage.

Yeah right :rolleyes: Newsnight stopped "telling you", "delving into" and "analysing" "etc" years and years ago. And as for "grilling" :lol::lol::lol::lol: (no no stop it it's just too much :lol::lol: ) and "what is making you fed up about the coverage" well don't make me laugh. Haven't you lot been listening over the years.

Why now, why not when this was all starting to snowball a few years back. Why didn't Newsnight ask some proper questions about all the lies then rather than let it all go. There were plenty of suggestions back then but they all went ignored. You lot just didn't want to know.

Newsnight would be better broadcast from China or India - at least the licence would be cheaper.

Edited by billybong