House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Industrial Chaos Looms In France

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20101017/twl-industrial-chaos-looms-in-france-41f21e0.html

Industrial chaos looms in France
1 hour 44 mins ago
Video: France clashes turn more violent
Motorists are rushing to petrol pumps that are running increasingly dry, and a strike by train workers promises to spell misery for millions of commuters.
Truckers are promising to clog roads across the country from the early hours of Monday.

Chanting: QE 2 and QE2 now! Not cuts, no reckoning for the decade of binge, no austerity, no pain, more boom..........

Nothing like that will happen here as long as we don't see more of the Halifax sized drops of last month.

Couple this rage with this and we could see some poltical turmoil over t' channel:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321277/Multiculturalism-Germany-utterly-failed-claims-Chancellor-Angela-Merkel.html

Edited by Realistbear

They stranded me overnight at Charles de Gaulle over another dispute, so as far as I'm concerned they can tear the place apart! :)

Good old French, still living the '60s Student riots and shutting the place down at the drop of a hat.

News 24 have just revealed that the powers that be are going to try and scare le sheeple back indoors with a terorist attack.

I get it now, too much civil unrest, 'arrange' a terrotist attack.

Simple

although maybe we need somthing like that to happen here i always remember the look on blairs face when the truckers cornered him over fuel prices priceless!!! us brits seem good at doing battle with each other when we should unite and give the ruling classes some real problems after all they have left us with a debt that will still be huge long after everyone who is living now is long gone and they havent learnt a thing from it all bring on the hpc :)

One of our local supermarkets is now dry at the pumps and the service station closed. The morons started panic buying a few days ago and the supermarket had security guards out as the tw@ts started to fight one another. 500 meters away is an Esso station at which I have never seen a queue. It still has all pumps working when we came home this evening and just one car there. The fuel shortage here is entirely caused by halfwits who are filling anything that will hold fluid and filling their garage up with plastic water bottles full of diesel. The problem becomes worse as you get to a point where it makes sense to fill up the tank and keep it full "just in case" mainly due to the idiot-driven shortages. Gradually everyone gets sucked into making sure their car has a full tank so when it runs out they are OK for a few days. Any diesel chaos here in France is entirely self inflicted and due totally to the fact that human beings are selfish car-obsessed loonies.

Guest The Relaxation Suite

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20101017/twl-industrial-chaos-looms-in-france-41f21e0.html

1 hour 44 mins ago
Motorists are rushing to petrol pumps that are running increasingly dry, and a strike by train workers promises to spell misery for millions of commuters.
Truckers are promising to clog roads across the country from the early hours of Monday.

Chanting: QE 2 and QE2 now! Not cuts, no reckoning for the decade of binge, no austerity, no pain, more boom..........

Nothing like that will happen here as long as we don't see more of the Halifax sized drops of last month.

Couple this rage with this and we could see some poltical turmoil over t' channel:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321277/Multiculturalism-Germany-utterly-failed-claims-Chancellor-Angela-Merkel.html

My wife has never commented on any GFC news stories, but when she saw a report on the French rioting her opinion was that it could lead to a civil war, because we have two factions competing for dwindling resources - boomers who don't want to retire because their pensions are being destroyed/inflated/stolen and young people who badly need the boomers' jobs because of house price inflation.

Whatever your opinion on all this, we're all clear on the fact that it is not going to end well, right?

Edited by Tecumseh

Any diesel chaos here in France is entirely self inflicted and due totally to the fact that human beings are selfish car-obsessed loonies.

Its no good relying on trains and buses in France - there aren't any! Even when they aren't on strike, which is practically every week to a lesser or greater degree in one region or another.

OK there are some TGVs but they have to be prebooked, hardly ideal unless you are going a very long way.

Toulouse has an airport shuttle that leaves from the main bus station opposite the main railway station. I don't think I have ever seen another bus using it.

1 hour 44 mins ago

The French people are just ensuring that the pain is not all dumped on their heads by their elites who would, if they could get away with it, escape any of the austerity themselves.

It all comes down to the cultural memory the that the French people have of chopping off the heads of their elites when they took the p*ss too much.

We don't have that cultural memory here and so we just take it up the *rse whilst having a little moan down the pub about the price of bread.

The French people are just ensuring that the pain is not all dumped on their heads by their elites who would, if they could get away with it, escape any of the austerity themselves.

It all comes down to the cultural memory the that the French people have of chopping off the heads of their elites when they took the p*ss too much.

We don't have that cultural memory here and so we just take it up the *rse whilst having a little moan down the pub about the price of bread.

In many areas people are unable to afford pub prices and drink at home, the local pub has closed and the chance they get to moan is at the supermarket checkout.

One of our local supermarkets is now dry at the pumps and the service station closed. The morons started panic buying a few days ago and the supermarket had security guards out as the tw@ts started to fight one another. 500 meters away is an Esso station at which I have never seen a queue. It still has all pumps working when we came home this evening and just one car there. The fuel shortage here is entirely caused by halfwits who are filling anything that will hold fluid and filling their garage up with plastic water bottles full of diesel. The problem becomes worse as you get to a point where it makes sense to fill up the tank and keep it full "just in case" mainly due to the idiot-driven shortages. Gradually everyone gets sucked into making sure their car has a full tank so when it runs out they are OK for a few days. Any diesel chaos here in France is entirely self inflicted and due totally to the fact that human beings are selfish car-obsessed loonies.

Grow a brain.

Rule of shortages: Panic first.

You panic buy and fill up or you laugh at panic buyers, right up until the point where you are out of fuel and they drive past you.

My wife has never commented on any GFC news stories, but when she saw a report on the French rioting her opinion was that it could lead to a civil war, because we have two factions competing for dwindling resources - boomers who don't want to retire because their pensions are being destroyed/inflated/stolen and young people who badly need the boomers' jobs because of house price inflation.

Whatever your opinion on all this, we're all clear on the fact that it is not going to end well, right?

It would be a quick war with victory going to the young. They would shoot/kick/punch the living daylights out of anyone over 45. Believe me. :D

PS. I don't think we'll see a civil war based on the lines you indicate above.

Grow a brain.

You panic buy and fill up or you laugh at panic buyers, right up until the point where you are out of fuel and they drive past you.

Even simpler in France. Don't watch the TF1 news otherwise you'll be the last to hear about any forthcoming action. For 2 weeks, radio reports said that the refineries were already striking. TF1, not a word. I had the 2 cars filled to the brim by the time TF1 announced possible shortages last Wed. TF1 is really a govt mouthpiece for the brain-dead. ie. The majority of the nation. :rolleyes:

These troubles are just the hors d'oeuvres. The real feast doesn't start until they start throwing the ropes up over the lampposts outside the banks.

I don't think they do that with ropes and lamp posts in France.

dismantl.jpg

I don't think they do that with ropes and lamp posts in France.

You're sharp.

Any inciting exciting forum websites in France? Will we need to brush up on our French?

Is this about right "votre gouvernement a permis aux banquiers de voler tout votre argent"

Grow a brain.

Self-fulfilling prophesy though isn't it? Morons believe drivel - drivel comes true - morons think they actually know WTF they are talking about.

You're sharp.

Any inciting exciting forum websites in France? Will we need to brush up on our French?

Is this about right "votre gouvernement a permis aux banquiers de voler tout votre argent"

'Protectez-vous - achetez l'or'

'Ne suivez-pas les moutonnierres'

'Les langues n'existe pas' (Injin)

Grow a brain.

This is correct. In 2000 I panic bought petrol while the media were just reporting refinery blockages as a French thing, by the time people were panic buying fuel in the UK I was panic buying food which the sheeple started doing a few days later. (I had to chomp though an awful lot of tinned goods in the months after. ;) )

These things have a habit of jumping the channel, HPCers should probably be thinking of topping up round about now. :ph34r:

Of course the TFH brigade have already stockpiled their food and fuel, while at the same time telling everyone else there's nothing to worry about. :D

Edited by Nationalist

1 hour 44 mins ago

One of the more endearing traits of the French is to create civil disturbances at the drop of the hat, certainly must make their government think twice before proposing unpopular policies

Meanwhile in the UK medieval serf state ............. :unsure:

This is correct. In 2000 I panic bought petrol while the media were just reporting refinery blockages as a French thing, by the time people were panic buying fuel in the UK I was panic buying food which the sheeple started doing a few days later.

Oh yes that .. Heard about it on the radio .. Looked over the yard at the 2000 litre tank of road fuel and wondered what the traffic would be like ..

One of the more endearing traits of the French is to create civil disturbances at the drop of the hat, certainly must make their government think twice before proposing unpopular policies

Meanwhile in the UK medieval serf state ............. :unsure:

I'm sure they put something in the water here. By rights the City of London should have been marched on and unpleasant things should have happened - instead of that we bail the banksters out with billions of borrowed money and they continue to pay themselves billions in bonuses leaving a debt our children's children will be paying off.

Are we angry? Not at all. A shrug of the shoulders at most.

I'm sure they put something in the water here. By rights the City of London should have been marched on and unpleasant things should have happened - instead of that we bail the banksters out with billions of borrowed money and they continue to pay themselves billions in bonuses leaving a debt our children's children will be paying off.

Are we angry? Not at all. A shrug of the shoulders at most.

There was a march and an effigy of a Bankster was burnt outside the Bank of England then the demonstrators got 'kettled' and the Police started to use the truncheons.....Ian Tomlinson RIP

There was a march and an effigy of a Bankster was burnt outside the Bank of England then the demonstrators got 'kettled' and the Police started to use the truncheons.....Ian Tomlinson RIP

Can't someone from HPC who lives local do another protest?

What about burning an effigies of Mervyn King, David Cameron & Osborne Osborne outside the Bank of England if they do more QE?

Be sure to tip off the news channels and newspapers about the time and date.