House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jungllie jim

Civil Service

Finally 9 months after applying for a Job with the CS i have a formal letter of appointment to start 21 Feb 11.

Was getting very worried that the job application may have been culled in the Spending Review

Current employer more than happy to release me early to take thisy instead of having to pay me voluntary / compulsary redundancy.

Finally 9 months after applying for a Job with the CS i have a formal letter of appointment to start 21 Feb 11.

Was getting very worried that the job application may have been culled in the Spending Review

Current employer more than happy to release me early to take thisy instead of having to pay me voluntary / compulsary redundancy.

3 months notice???

Either you are a banker or in the "sevice" already.

Air Engineer Tech (CPO) past 22 yr point.,

2yrs into a 5 year extension of service.

Got to leave at some point and IMHO there's a whole lot of pain and grief inbound.

I am assuming that is a public sector job.

course, you would be needed on the two Aircraft carriers that are still being ordered.....to fix and maintain the non existent aircraft.

It would be interesting to see if recruitment is actually growing still, like it did last year, and the years before that.

Well done and you clearly count yourself lucky.

Natural wasteage in an organisation like the Civil Service is bound to create some specific skill shortages.