House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Labour Ideas On Main Page Of Guardian

They were in power and could have done all sorts...but no they wait til they're in opposition

Labour plans to make bankers pay

Alan Johnson to call for big rise in capital spending – funded by levy on banks – to boost economic activity

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/oct/16/labour-cuts-bankers-banks-spending

Who actually believes him? Yes, I wonder why New Lab didn't stop the nationalised banks from using our money to pay mega buck bonuses to bankers that had made LOSSES!

Sadly Alan thinks that he can say these things and get away with it. The political fights between the three main parties remind me of WFF . Yeh, the plebs watching get conned into thinking they're seeing something real, not a rigged fight - Big Daddy really hates Giany Haystacks doesn't he.

The fight is fixed, it's not a real contest, it's a fix.

The left versus right dichotomy is completely false: New Labour = Lib Dems = Conservatives. They're all the same: identical!

The real two-way battle is: people vs. corporations

Alan's an empty suit, he works for the bankers, just like Osborne and Camoron

Edited by Arbitrage

Labour are a tribe of worthless destructive self serving shite the former leaders of which should be tried for treason.

they should be stripped of any right to comment on matters pertaining to the governance of this land and confined to history where they belong.

tongue.gif

What a great piece by the opposition.

They will go Japanese with roads to nowhere built by eastern Europeans - I despair!

yes, but, in all credit...they ARE opposing.

yes, but, in all credit...they ARE opposing.

Fair point, I suppose one could say it's nice to see some real opposition but on the same tact do we want opposition just for the sake of it?

Fair point, I suppose one could say it's nice to see some real opposition but on the same tact do we want opposition just for the sake of it?

for me, the last 10 years warranted a severe and competant opposition...we didnt get one....so yes, we need opposition at all times....its supposed to awaken people to what the government are doing wrong, and importantly, to present an alternative at election time....TBH< with all the spending RISES we are seeing from this Government, Im wondering if the opposition were EVEN voted in last election, or that as Injin points out, we just voted for more Government.

for me, the last 10 years warranted a severe and competant opposition...we didnt get one....so yes, we need opposition at all times....its supposed to awaken people to what the government are doing wrong, and importantly, to present an alternative at election time....TBH< with all the spending RISES we are seeing from this Government, Im wondering if the opposition were EVEN voted in last election, or that as Injin points out, we just voted for more Government.

This isn't oposition its tribalism pure and simple.

All these parties want power its no different to X Factor its a popularity contest they will offer you what you want not what you need.

If the Tories save a pile of wedge in the next three years they will try their hardest to bribe us at the next election Labour would be doing exactly the same thing today.

You are in an election cycle thats all.

Radical plans to make banks pay the lion's share towards a £7bn "push for growth", to be unveiled by Labour on Monday, will be at the heart of Ed Miliband's alternative to £83bn of proposed government cuts.

"Push for growth" :lol::lol: Oh come on, I ask you :lol:

Edited by billybong

Alan Johnson to call for big rise in capital spending – funded by levy on banks – to boost economic activity

That should be good for Eds property portfolio.

Giveaways are for elections not for now - if they were in power they would be cutting simples.

Who actually believes him? Yes, I wonder why New Lab didn't stop the nationalised banks from using our money to pay mega buck bonuses to bankers that had made LOSSES!

Sadly Alan thinks that he can say these things and get away with it. The political fights between the three main parties remind me of WFF . Yeh, the plebs watching get conned into thinking they're seeing something real, not a rigged fight - Big Daddy really hates Giany Haystacks doesn't he.

The left versus right dichotomy is completely false: New Labour = Lib Dems = Conservatives. They're all the same: identical!

Correct.

I think this is the new message from the left; "we failed epically, so we can't possibly expect anyone to believe we are any use so we'll just try to make out everyone is as bad as each other".

It appeals to a sense of depression and sounds sufficiently knowledgable to suggest the author is on to something.

The truth is that whilst nobody has any answers to the long term problems of state authority, their tactics are different enough to have a preference between them.