House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

I've Been Sent An Unsolicited Email Regarding A "mortgage Services" Vacancy

This will prob go off-topic, but on Saturday, I was sent this:

Good Morning Dave Beans,

Sequence are a national estate agency brand with offices across the South West.

I am currently recruiting for a role within our financial services division in the [*******] area and I wondered if this is something you would consider ?

I look forward to hearing from you

[Name]

They probably got my CV off some job site or other, and sent me an unsolicited email. I have no qualifications in Economics, Accountancy, Financial Services, any of that, although I do have an IT-based qualification, where I did touch on Accountancy. Does a "Mortgage Advisor" need to become FSA qualified/certified? Can virtually anyone do this sort of role? Shall I infiltrate?

Edited by Dave Beans

This will prob go off-topic, but on Saturday, I was sent this:

They probably got my CV off some job site or other, and sent me an unsolicited email. I have no qualifications in Economics, Accountancy, Financial Services, any of that, although I do have an IT-based qualification, where I did touch on Accountancy. Does a "Mortgage Advisor" need to become FSA qualified/certified? Can virtually anyone do this sort of role? Shall I infiltrate?

I understand that the basic IFA exams (which presumably would form a part of career progression) are doable by anyone with an IQ>105, so yes and no, give them Eric's contact details...

Ignore it. They will call you for "interview" then tell you to pay around 10k for a course resulting in that qualification to all mortgages (which you can actually get for around 500 quid). However, they cannot guarantee you a job once you qualify..........

I understand that the basic IFA exams (which presumably would form a part of career progression) are doable by anyone with an IQ>105, so yes and no, give them Eric's contact details...

:lol:

Ignore it. They will call you for "interview" then tell you to pay around 10k for a course resulting in that qualification to all mortgages (which you can actually get for around 500 quid). However, they cannot guarantee you a job once you qualify..........

That might be £500 well spent, what is the course?