House Price Crash Forum

Left Wing Views Now Compulsory In The Teaching Profession?

blobloblob

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Missed opportunity. There are many teachers that have these views but they went for a zany ethnic with a yank accent to be right on.

So are there any more examples of teachers getting the chop for speaking out, or is it more subtle and the lefties just quietly bury their career prospects?

HOLA447
HOLA448

Oh dear. My wife's just gor her first job in teaching too. She's going to have to learn to keep her mouth shut if she wants to keep her job.

Katharine Birbalsingh forced to resign from Church of England Academy

Yep, the teaching profession is very much left-wing. Taking a copy of the Daily Mail into a staffroom is likely result in a written warning - and you probably think I'm kidding.

Paradoxically, while teachers are expected to be redder than Tony Benn, teaching is one of the worst jobs when it comes to bullying, backstabbing and office politics.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Yep, the teaching profession is very much left-wing. Taking a copy of the Daily Mail into a staffroom is likely result in a written warning - and you probably think I'm kidding.

I thought left wing views had been compulsory for decades; most of my teachers in the 80s were raving lefties who hated Thatcher.

Paradoxically, while teachers are expected to be redder than Tony Benn, teaching is one of the worst jobs when it comes to bullying, backstabbing and office politics.

What's paradoxical about that? The left have always loved bullying, backstabbing and office politics... that's what Stalinism degenerates into when you don't have the power to murder everyone who opposes you.

HOLA4412

It has crossed my mind before to nip out in the morning, buy a Daily Mail, and hide it on the parcel shelf of her car. There's no way she'd notice it in the rear view mirror if I left it on the driver's side.

The worst thing is that she feels that she 'has to' join a union. If she didn't and there was ever any sort of trouble, then you can be sure that her colleagues would jostle to push her into the firing line. The choices are, apparently, NUT (ha ha ha), NASUWT, ATL and The Voice.

HOLA4413

It has crossed my mind before to nip out in the morning, buy a Daily Mail, and hide it on the parcel shelf of her car. There's no way she'd notice it in the rear view mirror if I left it on the driver's side.

The worst thing is that she feels that she 'has to' join a union. If she didn't and there was ever any sort of trouble, then you can be sure that her colleagues would jostle to push her into the firing line. The choices are, apparently, NUT (ha ha ha), NASUWT, ATL and The Voice.

Of course it's subjective, but I think one can point to a generally leftie slant in all state/public service jobs and those loosely related such as quangos, the BBC etc, with the only exceptions being the armed forces and the constabulary. Any institution reliant on public subsidy is unlikely to seriously question things like statism and big government, and this inevitably breeds a culture of leftism.

Archived