House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
multimedian

Bradley Stoke - One To Watch

I currently rent in a spacious 2 bed ground floor flat in Bradley Stoke, nr Bristol. Typical new build multi type slave box development I guess.

I noticed a for sale sign up today for the identical but top floor ( ground plus 2) flat in this block.

It's on with Woods at ... here

Price is starting at £145,000

Digging on houseprices.co.uk reveals previous sales at:

04/04/2007 £159,000

21/09/2006 £145,000

So, it's only on at 10% down from it's 2007 probably peak price of 159K and back at it's 2006 price now.

Anyone care to guess it's true value and where it will sell at?

125K anyone?

ps. I personally STR 3 years ago and stacked ~ 50K in the bank, still waiting, reckon it's about to really correct. Hence interest in watching this one as I know the area/market here !

I'm not looking to buy here now and hanging on until my cash will be nearer a 50% deposit or more wherever I do ! It could happen.

Edited by multimedian

I currently rent in a spacious 2 bed ground floor flat in Bradley Stoke, nr Bristol. Typical new build multi type slave box development I guess.

I noticed a for sale sign up today for the identical but top floor ( ground plus 2) flat in this block.

04/04/2007 £159,000

21/09/2006 £145,000

So, it's only on at 10% down from it's 2007 probably peak price of 159K and back at it's 2006 price now.

House Price Calculator says that the price for this house should be 145-150k so it seems to be pitched properly.

Whether it will sell at this will depend upon local factors.

In think you're lucky to see houses being offered at the "right" price for the current market.

Round my way houses with the same previous sale profile as this are on offer at 180K (with most sellers not compromising)

(and wtf is that link all about!)

tim

sorry, I've corrected the link !

My link

04/04/2007 £159,000

21/09/2006 £145,000

125K anyone?

ps. I personally STR 3 years ago and stacked ~ 50K in the bank, still waiting, reckon it's about to really correct. Hence interest in watching this one as I know the area/market here !

I'm not looking to buy here now and hanging on until my cash will be nearer a 50% deposit or more wherever I do ! It could happen.

Not sure if this is in the same block but recent prices seem to be on a significant downtrend:

102 Shepherds Walk,

Bradley Stoke,

Bristol,

South Gloucestershire,

BS32 9AY £148,000

Flat

Leasehold

New Build 29-Sep-2006

Map (BS32 9AY)

102 Shepherds Walk,

Bradley Stoke,

Bristol,

South Gloucestershire,

BS32 9AY £135,500

Flat

Leasehold

Not New Build 22-Dec-2009

Map (BS32 9AY)

Othwerwise, seems a nice gaff for an apartment, especially handy with the roof storage space.