House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ralphmalph

Teachers Tv Axed By Coalition - Saves 10Mill

I know someone whose DH is a teacher and she said they both used to watch if they were having problems sleeping.

I've flicked past this lots of times. Never knew we were paying for it. Another "private" sector company forced from the taxpayers teat.

Ten Alps share price

10.5p not far off it's low

52 week high = 30.0

Bob's loss from 3.2m shares = £624k.

I have never watched it, nor been engaged in conversation by a colleague about anything shown on this channel. A total irrelevance for most teachers.

See also BECTA, who not only pished money away, but encouraged well-meaning HTs to do the same.

The GTCE can kiss my chuddies, too. Not fit for purpose. However they managed to send me a lovely leaflet the other day, justifying their jobs and reminding me that it will take an Act of Parliament to abolish them, so I'll have to cough up for another year. However, they have stopped publishing their 'magazine'. Money saving at its finest :angry:

I really liked this comment:

A company worth around £10 million that had a £10 million a year government contract? That’s not really running a company; it’s just spending tax payers money. Anyone can do that.

I wonder how many other contract chaser companies out there built up their companies by chasing the tax pound? I'm glad this lot will all be renegotiated. I would hope along the lines of "we want 30% off at least or we're going elsewhere, oh and we want longer warranties too".

I can think of Insight the computer company that chases Council contracts for IT procurement, IBM/Lenovo that does the same. Any others?

Edited by pl1

I can only wish Geldof will step on one of the land mines he helped subsidise in Ethiopia.

cutting but sounds true