House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

Government To Curb Compensation Culture

The Government has pledged to tackle the UK's "damaging" compensation culture with a shake-up of health and safety measures, including an end to "senseless" rules and regulations. Prime Minister David Cameron said he hoped a review carried out by former Conservative minister Lord Young would prove to be a "turning point", with a new system being introduced to replace "unnecessary bureaucracy".

Government to curb compensation culture

About time, this joke has gone on too long although there are many genuine cases. ;)

A factory manager of my acquaintance was complaining about H&S measures. I asked what his reaction would be if one of his employees was killed.

That's their lookout, isn't it? he replied.

I haven't spoken to him since.

A factory manager of my acquaintance was complaining about H&S measures. I asked what his reaction would be if one of his employees was killed.

That's their lookout, isn't it? he replied.

I haven't spoken to him since.

True though.

There's a balance to be struck. As of now, we can't afford the level of H&S we have, with the likes of the NHS and the police having to devote *very* large amounts of their time and effort to maintaining an ****-covering paper-trail.

We might be able to make savings in the govt's 25% ballpark in some departments simply by reducing accountability, and with it the need to spend more time documenting a copper's every move than plodding the beat or apprehending villains. But would you want to be the home secretary to announce that?