House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

didntbuytolet

Spending Review: Universities 'to Face £4.2Bn Cut'

Got to find £7,000,000,000 to pay banksters bonuses from somewhere!

Putting our kids into further debt seems to be the preferred mechanism. Keeps them feeding the banksters for decades to come too.

That's Banksternomics!

Indeed, the kind of policy that will help to accelerate the downward spiral and ensure we go for a fully fledged depression.

I know. It's one cut that I just can't get excited about.

Governments responsibilities...

Health

Education

Common Infrastructure

Support a free market

Anything else is 'open to debate' but cutting education and loading up a generation with debt is very, very short sighted.

Hopefully it will mean less people going to university, lower educational barriers for normal jobs and more training by employers.

A nation of university educated shop assistants and call centre hens does nobody any good and costs a fortune we do not have.

Less students in better resourced universities please.

Hopefully it will mean less people going to university, lower educational barriers for normal jobs and more training by employers.

The funny thing is, the lack of opportunities for young people will most likely mean that more end up in higher education. The way the debt is deferred also helps to make this any easy choice for a youngster facing few options. Learn now, pay later, at market rates of interest.

So you will have a very high percentage of young people saddled with a huge (>£20K) debt before they start their working life, despondently watching as the jobs they could have been trained for are given to Indians arriving via ICT and avoiding even contributing via NI / PAYE to the systems that are helping to support them.

The outcome is so perfectly twisted, it's almost like the bankers designed it....

...just another way of borrowng from the next generation and loading them with the debt.....'head in the cloud' accounting....?....reckon it's time for the next generation to stand up for themselves and say 'no'....raise your taxes they should shout.. ....after all in the glorious days of the '50's and early '60's free university education did the top tax rate not reach 95%....?...... :rolleyes:

Typically, UK management will acknowledge the word 'training' if you lock their head in a vice, point a loaded shotgun at their herds and then start shouting down a megaphone 'We need training'. Getting them to actually provide training requires a bit more persuasion though.

A nation of university educated shop assistants and call centre hens does nobody any good and costs a fortune we do not have.

I agree. People working in call centres and shops don't need to know the difference between "less" and "fewer"

Automated self service point of sale, and off shored / automated call centres.

They pay for their own education, and a shot at a job, or we pay them to do nothing.

If I was young again I'd go to university anyway.

If I was facing a lifetime working in a call centre or supermarket or McDonalds, if I get a job at all, I'd think "At least I'll have three years of not working in a call centre or supermarket or McDonalds.

"And you never know, I might get enough education to leave the country altogether.

"So soddit, I'm going."

If I was young again I'd go to university anyway.

If I was facing a lifetime working in a call centre or supermarket or McDonalds, if I get a job at all, I'd think "At least I'll have three years of not working in a call centre or supermarket or McDonalds.

"And you never know, I might get enough education to leave the country altogether.

"So soddit, I'm going."

Although, of course, one of the reasons for getting rid of grants and introducing tuition fees is to make sure that students have to work in a supermarket/mcdonalds/etc as well as studying. Makes sure they don't have any time or space to do something dangerous like thinking. Only the rich are allowed that.

But it's worse than that, call centres are being off shored (I know companies are saying they’re bringing them back home but more are leaving than returning, I know I'm doing it). Retail is increasing automated, McDonalds, maybe food prep, but no reason why point of sale can't be automated.

Combine this with a population of workers who have jobs that require humans, but who have no pension provision and don't retire.

You have a population that can’t get a job upon leaving school, borrow thousands for an education, and then still can't get a job, any job.

But it's worse than that, call centres are being off shored (I know companies are saying they’re bringing them back home but more are leaving than returning, I know I'm doing it). Retail is increasing automated, McDonalds, maybe food prep, but no reason why point of sale can't be automated.

Combine this with a population of workers who have jobs that require humans, but who have no pension provision and don't retire.

You have a population that can’t get a job upon leaving school, borrow thousands for an education, and then still can't get a job, any job.

And so, of course, will never repay the money.

Marvellous system, isn't it?

Although, of course, one of the reasons for getting rid of grants and introducing tuition fees is to make sure that students have to work in a supermarket/mcdonalds/etc as well as studying. Makes sure they don't have any time or space to do something dangerous like thinking. Only the rich are allowed that.

The whole reason why Blair accelerated the getting rid of grants, introduced tuition fees and destroyed a generation with life crippling debts, is just so that he could use the "50% in higher education" figure over the dispatch box.

That vile psychopath was and always will be a cancerous **** scab. He is responsible for an awful lot of death, pain and misery. I sincerely hope he spends the rest of a very long life with a soul shatteringly painful illness.

It would be such an obvious vote winner, '' we'll scrap all student loans, reintroduce grants and cancel all the debts"

I can't understand why the politicians who benefitted from a free education are so intent on denying it to others.

I wonder what the total amount of student debt owing actually is? How does it compare, in size, to the banker bailouts?

Have they securitized the loans?

I can't understand why the politicians who benefitted from a free education are so intent on denying it to others.

...yeah...don't see them proposing a retrospective payment ...they should put their money on the tale instead of their mean words..... :rolleyes:

.....remember reading they did a few years ago.....correct me if I'm wrong..... :rolleyes:

The whole reason why Blair accelerated the getting rid of grants, introduced tuition fees and destroyed a generation with life crippling debts, is just so that he could use the "50% in higher education" figure over the dispatch box.

That vile psychopath was and always will be a cancerous **** scab. He is responsible for an awful lot of death, pain and misery. I sincerely hope he spends the rest of a very long life with a soul shatteringly painful illness.

It would be such an obvious vote winner, '' we'll scrap all student loans, reintroduce grants and cancel all the debts"

I wonder what the total amount of student debt owing actually is? How does it compare, in size, to the banker bailouts?

+1. Indeedy. it's truly shocking what the bankster of Baghdad and his cronies have left us with - isn't it?