House Price Crash Forum

Irish - Property Owner Moans About Property Prices.

beccles

HOLA441
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

yes, it would be completely stupid not to,, the reality is she will never clear the mortgage, might as well get it over and done with, the quicker she can get back a normal rating, leave it to the taxpayer to sort it (which they wont in the end anyway as they will also default)

Dont you want them strung up though? These idiots have put my house buying ambitions on hold for nearly 4 years now.

Its not schadenfraude, i genuienly want everyone who bought post 2003 and cant pay their bills to face some kind of torture or long jail sentence.

Yes the lenders have a lot to answer for, but borrowing mass amounts of money with no serious plan to pay it back is no different to theft IMO. If i was Cameron, there would be thousands of heads on pikes, be in no doubt of that, my friend.

HOLA443

Just out of interest...

If you were in her position would you declare yourself bankrupt and walk away?

Yes.

It's a shame jingle mail isn't an option this side of the Atlantic too.

It's also a shame that the banking system has become risk free in the eyes of many savers. Of course, the risk never really went away - the defaults on savings have just come via the printer, rather than the hair cuts.

Strangely, even now, people are holding onto wads of Sterling and wringing their hands about money printing... you decimate the asset side (loans) of the balance sheet and liabilities side (deposits) are going to get hit one way or another. It's inevitable.

HOLA444

36187_155436457830367_155377514502928_280065_1761802_n.jpg

Weird innit?

Help Alison and her 525k mortgage. I'm sooooo screwed. Negative equity is really depressing.

Please have some sympathy for me.

5 hours ago · View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)

o

Margaret Write an article about it and get it published. Go on, you know you want to.

2 hours ago ·

o

Help Alison and her 525k mortgage. Do you think that would work?

I went to the Sun and the Star, but they told me that I'm far too classy for an editorial in their papers.

Maybe the Sindo or the IT may be willing to help me.

about an hour ago · 1 personLoading... ·

Wicked ******er. Brilliant.

HOLA445

Hey, just got a brainwave.

A HPC call to arms...

You too can set up a viral bear propaganda campaign. :ph34r:

You can either:

1. Forward the link of this lady to your facebook friends. Encourage them pass it on to 5 other people. And so on

2. Create profiles of people, who are in similar dire straights, and forward them on. The more people you create with mortgage woes, the better.

This is the INFO-WARS!

Haha, that'll put a cat amongst the pigeons.

Edited by Money Spinner

HOLA446

Unfortunately in ROI the bankruptcy laws are draconian. Her debt would not be discharged for 12 years. So she could be chased for money for 12 years.

Yeah good... she shouldn't buy it at the first place.. Mummy and daddy might have to pay her mess.. In France u cannot go bankrupt as easy than in uk coz most of the time u must to have the name of an other person in case u can't repay ur mortgage.. Which tends to bring morons more realistic..

HOLA447

A move to England and declare bankrupcy is the only financially sensible option.

Leave the loss with the banks, its just an overpriced flat and a contract. No point losing most of her future income over it.

I wouldn't have thought her marriage prospects would be that good with a negative net value in the hundreds of thousands.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I agree with the sentiment here that Ali should come to the UK and go down the bankruptcy route. It's galling that we will get an influx of EU bankruptcy tourists on top of the indigenous debtors. I have never run up huge debts, spent beyond my means on bling or foreign holidays and now expect the small pot I have set aside for a home will be decimated (5p in the £ if I'm lucky!) by the reckless banks and borrowers.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

She looks like a 'nail technician', or similar

Nice view over the Royal mail distribution centre though (or the Irish equivalent)

I MEAN WTF ARE THESE MORONS THINKING???!!! Do they have some sort of crazed image in their head of sitting out on the two sunny days of the year, freezing their balls off in the force 8 sea 'breeze' whilst watching a load of ford transits getting loaded up.

What the hell is wrong with people. You could get a decent detached house for 500k

Funny you mention 'nail technician'. I visited the place in Ireland that I come from a couple of years ago and I remarked on the number of nail grooming places in the twon. Small tow, Donegal, population about 5,000 and I spotted 4 of them. A cousin of mine reckoned that there was a generation there now who had only ever known lots of money.

Edited by Rare Bear

HOLA4417

I guess she can take solace in the fact that the people buying for €190,000 will be in the same position as her in two years time when the flats are selling for €70,000 ..

Absolutely correct. Moved back to Dublin after a long time away. Saw at first hand various UK property crashes so realised the same BS was happening in Ireland.. But back in Ireland we were constantly told that we were "different and that a "soft landing" was imminent. Of course the weasel Bertie Ahern was responsible for a lot of it as he was a whore for the property pushers.

(Incidentally the same piece of work is now advertising the News of the World despite maintaining his politician's benefits). A few years ago a bearish female journalist identified single twentysomething females as the main dynamic behind the Irish Bubble. Sadly she was right as the moronic experience of O'Riordan demonstrates. In the modern phase of capitalism where we make nothing, a lot of money is earned from micro markets like the young female demographic or the gay pound. Irish women fell for it hook line and sinker and completely bought the sales patter. A few bearish Irish guys I knew were suckered into the nonsense by their "better" halves. Peope like me suffered wholsale verbal abuse from female property buyers because we would not be hoodwinked. I remember me and a mate being called "losers" by a female banker in a pub when she discovered to her horror that we didn't own. Only yesterday there were clamours in Dublin for a bailout for those in negative equity. Don't be surprised if this happens. It would turn my stomach if my taxes were to be used to bail out Ms O'Riordan and fellow dupes

HOLA4418

What a joker - no sympathy here. The real issue is who lent her the money in the first place? You don't need any qualifications to take out a huge mortgage but you should certainly have some to hand out a mortgage. The banks who lent this money deserve to go to the wall.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

This really is pretty sad : Trapped in Negative equity Nightmare

:blink:

Eye watering debt pretty much forver....living the dream eh :P

It was, however, weeks before the collapse in the middle of 2008, when prices tumbled. I ignored repeated warnings both from my parents and the Central Bank and instead ploughed in head first and handed over the money.

Kids know best, eh? ;)

HOLA4421

This really is pretty sad : Trapped in Negative equity Nightmare

:blink:

Eye watering debt pretty much forver....living the dream eh :P

But beware: the property pushers are at it again. Have a read of this to see how they try to sugarcoat and spin even the direst of situations.........

"Hardy Irish Souls Tiptoe Into Nation's Ghost Estates ."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703735804575535513394082450.html?mod=WSJ_topics_obama

They never give up do they?

HOLA4422

But beware: the property pushers are at it again. Have a read of this to see how they try to sugarcoat and spin even the direst of situations.........

"Hardy Irish Souls Tiptoe Into Nation's Ghost Estates ."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703735804575535513394082450.html?mod=WSJ_topics_obama

They never give up do they?

quality, quality journalism.

i particularly liked:

"At current prices, it is also frequently as cheap to buy as it is to rent."

classic bubble mentality, take it as a given that buying will be far more expensive but accept that it's the norm and therefore perfectly sensible.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425