House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustYield

Top Tip For Banana Lovers Everywhere

Singapore doesn't do croissants :( Oh for a French croissant and a nice cafe au lait.

Swiss Butcher sells frozen unbaked croissants, 25 minutes at low heat in your oven - oil them on foil or they'll stick!

And there's always Deli-France and Choupinette round my way!

Are you actually in Singapore? Did nobody show the lady around? :unsure:

Yes - I have the definitive solution to your apple problem - and it doesn't involve using your "manservant" to "add a little salt"????

Core and slice yer apple

toast X 2

Peanut butter on 1

Marmite on the other

Tabasco on both

(no butter on either - not needed - healthier too!)

Make sandwich of everything - apple in the middle

When I discovered it I was as ogasmic as the OP.

I was, or course, very, very drunk - but I wrote it down and tried it the next day sober - it was even better!

..and what will I do with the Durian?

Have it with vanilla ice-cream, obviously!

(This is a guess. Nobody actually eats durians, it's all a big in-joke.)

Yes - I have the definitive solution to your apple problem - and it doesn't involve using your "manservant" to "add a little salt"????

Core and slice yer apple

toast X 2

Peanut butter on 1

Marmite on the other

Tabasco on both

(no butter on either - not needed - healthier too!)

Make sandwich of everything - apple in the middle

When I discovered it I was as ogasmic as the OP.

I was, or course, very, very drunk - but I wrote it down and tried it the next day sober - it was even better!

That's borderline insanity, right there. All power to you MrBurnsChickenFreak, top marks for originality.

The salt on apples thing - don't diss it until you've tried it, OK? Use a salad fork, I implore you. You don't need a manservant or maid, but it helps - just as sandwiches always taste better when prepared by someone else. Everyone knows when you eat a bowl of raw radishes you add some celery salt, right? Now hold that thought and replace the savoury and hot radish with a juicy sweet apple, cut and washed for you by Kato.

Do you have something against hired help? Who presses your toast and irons your newspaper sbn? Doesn't anyone have their toast pressed these days? I despair sometimes, I really do. It's all call-centres, reality TV and ADHD now.

Never trust a man who doesn't enjoy his breakfast.

That's borderline insanity, right there. All power to you MrBurnsChickenFreak, top marks for originality.

The salt on apples thing - don't diss it until you've tried it, OK? Use a salad fork, I implore you. You don't need a manservant or maid, but it helps - just as sandwiches always taste better when prepared by someone else. Everyone knows when you eat a bowl of raw radishes you add some celery salt, right? Now hold that thought and replace the savoury and hot radish with a juicy sweet apple, cut and washed for you by Kato.

Do you have something against hired help? Who presses your toast and irons your newspaper sbn? Doesn't anyone have their toast pressed these days? I despair sometimes, I really do. It's all call-centres, reality TV and ADHD now.

Never trust a man who doesn't enjoy his breakfast.

My manservant accompanies me everywhere.

I thrash him last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

With a Birch.

Swiss Butcher sells frozen unbaked croissants, 25 minutes at low heat in your oven - oil them on foil or they'll stick!

And there's always Deli-France and Choupinette round my way!

Are you actually in Singapore? Did nobody show the lady around? :unsure:

Look I've experimented with the croissants here for some time (or crescents as they say in NE Scotland) and not had any luck (although I haven't been to Choupinette yet). Will report back. Anyway off to eat a durian.

Are you posh?

Surely a posh person would've spelt 'Earl Grey' properly? :D

Besides Earl Grey IS ordinary tea, so if I'm ever 'round your place and you offer me a cuppa, the thing I'll believe I'm saying 'yes' to will be Earl Grey. However, I'm happy to have it with a little milk if you don't have lemon.

Today I discovered something that I have to share with you immediately...

Thank you! This serendipity would never have happened to me because, although the tea itself appears to have played a relatively minor role in your enjoyment, it was a critical catalyst to your discovery - and I don't drink tea. However, I do enjoy frozen delicacies (to the extent that I employ a manservant specifically to man my walk-in freezer), and your post elicited the following reply

I'm lead to understand that the very best ice cream is made by freezing bananas, and then putting them into a food processor to blitz till smooth, serving it straight away (no other ingredients).

I've now tried it, and it is indeed fabulous.

Could I also recommend, before peeling the banana to write on it with a ball point pen. Write anything.. It's very satisfying.

banana600.jpg