software develpers?

or both?

Film developers?

Late developers?

P***s Developers?

property developers?

software develpers?

or both?

Actually, now you mention it, both make my life slightly more difficult than it really needs to be. This house is right in the area we're looking at, and it's infuriating to see these people trying to drive up prices even now. OK, they 'added value' to the house by tarting it up a bit, but £115,000 in a few months? In the current climate? No, this is definitely even more annoying than a SQL Server application.

Just saw this, new on today.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31516571.html

The same house was up for sale just three / four months ago at £250,000, or thereabouts. Looks like the most expensive new kitchen and bathroom I've ever seen.

Property developers are obviously trying to make money.

It wouldn't make much sense to buy it, do it up, then sell it for the same or less than you bought it for would it ;)

Chances are that most amateur property developers are now out of the game. Maybe (just maybe) they've done their research, saw value, and speculated using their own cash?

Property developers are obviously trying to make money.

It wouldn't make much sense to buy it, do it up, then sell it for the same or less than you bought it for would it ;)

Chances are that most amateur property developers are now out of the game. Maybe (just maybe) they've done their research, saw value, and speculated using their own cash?

Possilbly, developers have always been with us; I guess the market will tell. As for amateurs, I recently met a chap who'd given up his job to become a property developer. I questioned his timing and he clearly had no idea about the current problems people have getting mortgages and so on. It was a one way bet as far as he was concerned. I wished him luck, though I didn't specify which kind.

It looks like it's had a block of flats built onto it to me.

+1

For a second there I thought the flatblock was somehow part of the structure.

Found exactly the same, house near Pangborne, kitchen and a lick of paint added, £75k added to the price.

Maybe there are some buyers out there who don't do their research these says but I'd say mugpunters are thinner on the ground than they used to be.

Anyway I cancelled my viewing.

in the Mediterranean Cubic style

Don't they mean in the 3 year old child's house drawing style

They are too stupid & ignorant to know the difference.

Looks like the building trade/EAs are throwing 'cubic' around probably meaning 'cubist'.

Philistines selling to the ignorant.

Anyone who actually knew cubic from cubist wouldn't be interested in this ugly pile of sh1te.

At any price.

They are too stupid & ignorant to know the difference.

Looks like the building trade/EAs are throwing 'cubic' around probably meaning 'cubist'.

Philistines selling to the ignorant.

Anyone who actually knew cubic from cubist wouldn't be interested in this ugly pile of sh1te.

At any price.

Actually, the bloke selling it has both of his eyes on one side of his nose.

We need to be able to hand out hpc.co.uk business cards.

Either to help them without all the bother of going through everything - or just beating them up and leaving it on their crumpled body like a Chelsea Headhunter or something.

Or we could leave some nicely arranged twigs as a kind of ironic gesture.

The only reason the EA included the picture with the tower block is because of street view.

What they don't show which street view does if you follow it round to the tower block, is the block is much larger than it looks in the EA photo and the side wall of the house constitutes the tower block car park wall, it is even connected to the garages. What is even more shocking is this wall has windows in it.

If there are any kids living in that block of flats guess whose wall they are going to be kicking a ball against. It is also a bit of a temptation for any burglars.

Sorry wouldn't touch it for any money.

I like "AN INTERNAL VIEWING IS ESSENTIAL " (sic)

That's because the outside is so ugly you numptie

tim

There are some really nice houses on that street. You would not want to live in the ugly one.

And that tower block is HUGE.

And he's forgotten to put in half the kitchen. Where are the rest of the wall units?

And that bathroom is on offer for £199 all in at B and Q. (toilet, bath, basin and shower. cheapo laminate is another £25.)

If only. I felt like waiting outside and telling the prospective buyers that it could have been theirs for £100K less earlier in the year.

One would hope the valuers would be doing that happy task....leaving only the buyer to complain about the "Low" valuation on MSE and mumsnet