House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

" U K Jobs Market Faces 'depressing' Future "

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-jobs-market-faces-depressing-future-as-workers-worry-over-redundancies-tele-c0b6a31f7bfd.html?x=0

UK jobs market faces 'depressing' future as workers worry over redundancies
Louisa "Weezy" Peacock, 9:32, Thursday 14 October 2010
The UK jobs market faces a depressing and uncertain future after a new report revealed job insecurity is at record levels and pay freezes are on the up.
A study by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), published today, has found nearly two fifths of managers (38pc) feel insecure in their jobs in the current climate, up from 32pc six months ago.
Pay freezes have risen sharply, implemented by 60pc of managers in the six months to September 2010 compared to 48pc in the six months to March. More than half have reduced their business overheads and frozen recruitment in the last six months, the survey of 820 managers found.
Eight in 10 managers believe the economy is negatively affecting their organisation with 29pc expecting the UK to enter a double dip recession.
However, 35pc believe the Governments spending cutbacks are being introduced too quickly and could hamper economic recovery.

We seem to be in a strange silly season at the moment where everyting is just fine* and yet it isn't just fine--its actually awful.

*All leading indicators are up: FTSE, Sterling, Bonds

A study by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), published today, has found nearly two fifths of managers (38pc) feel insecure in their jobs in the current climate, up from 32pc six months ago.

So, in 6 months we have had a change of government and now have a government that say they are actually going to tackle the deficit and publish exactly how on October 20th and an extra 6% of managers now feel insecure in their jobs.

Hold the front page eh?

http://uk.finance.ya...1f7bfd.html?x=0

UK jobs market faces 'depressing' future as workers worry over redundancies
Louisa "Weezy" Peacock, 9:32, Thursday 14 October 2010
The UK jobs market faces a depressing and uncertain future after a new report revealed job insecurity is at record levels and pay freezes are on the up.
Pay freezes have risen sharply, implemented by 60pc of managers in the six months to September 2010 compared to 48pc in the six months to March. More than half have reduced their business overheads and frozen recruitment in the last six months, the survey of 820 managers found.
Eight in 10 managers believe the economy is negatively affecting their organisation with 29pc expecting the UK to enter a double dip recession.
However, 35pc believe the Governments spending cutbacks are being introduced too quickly and could hamper economic recovery.

We seem to be in a strange silly season at the moment where everyting is just fine* and yet it isn't just fine--its actually awful.

You forgot one leading indicator RB and you know which one I'm talking about..B)

The burning issue of our times. Whos next after this weeks news? I also see this as a monumental structural change, not just cyclical.

I suspect that will change next wednesday.

You mean the one that was supposed to top at $1374?

:P

GOLD

10/14/2010

13:12

+0.70

Looks like it will soon pass my guess at the top ($1374). Apparently everyone and their 3rd cousins are piling in so as not to miss out.

Apparently everyone and their 3rd cousins are piling in so as not to miss out.

And Mr T! Last time I saw him was advertising chocolate bars with guns and helicopters. I don't pity him. I pity the fools.

Construction workers are doing much better now, and I reckon repos are on the way down.

Better than bad times, but they won't last.