House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovelyhead

Film 2010

Bring back Michael Parkinson.

He did one review in Film 85 that turned into a tirade against the film in question (I think it was a slasher flick or some such "modern" rubbish --- well, modern in 1985, by now it's prolly considered a classic).

Bring back Michael Parkinson.

He did one review in Film 85 that turned into a tirade against the film in question (I think it was a slasher flick or some such "modern" rubbish --- well, modern in 1985, by now it's prolly considered a classic).

I would suggest bringing back the excellent Barry Norman. Although the years have not been kind....................

article-1297581-0A897BC4000005DC-324_224x423.jpg

Ive been watching this on and off now for a few weeks.

And I dont think Claudia is right for it. You can tell she tries hard, and she is obviously a bit of a fox. ;)

But the Beeb got it wrong here.

They should have given it to Mark Kermode, and given him enough artistic license to let him do it his own way.

In fact it feels like the populist, [read dumbing down crowd] have won. No offense to Claudia.

Love Film.

Get Kermode in.

It isn't really surprising though is it? I mean it is in the BBC's interest to make the programme accessible. It is like complaining about Top Gear when really the internet gives us plentiful information on the smallest of niches.

Joy. Jonathan Toss no longer presents this. That means I can start watching it again now.

Don't be so sure of that.

I have watched it twice.

She talks way too fast and is just not interesting.

Don't be so sure of that.

I have watched it twice.

She talks way too fast and is just not interesting.

I think the last time I watched it, Barry Norman was presenting it.

There are very few people I literally cannot stand to watch. Eammon Holmes is one. Jonathan Toss is another.

I just don't know what it is about them. Something slimy and nasty, like a bad smell that won't go away.

I shall have to try and catch it this week.

It isn't really surprising though is it? I mean it is in the BBC's interest to make the programme accessible. It is like complaining about Top Gear when really the internet gives us plentiful information on the smallest of niches.

Errr, I see where you're coming from but it's impossible to create a niche program for a general audiance as it destroys it's core audiance. I prime example of this was Working Lunch, once upon a time it was informative and spoke about the ups and downs in the markets, then after the revamp it turned into the lunchtime version of Watchdog, lost it's audiance and got cancelled, another good example of Panorama and possibly the money program.

I hate the way a lot of BBC programs treat the viewers like a school teacher treats the retarded kid in school.

I hate the way a lot of BBC programs treat the viewers like a school teacher treats the retarded kid in school.

Yes I hate the way they patronise the public. That means they think they're better than you by the way.

:)

What a load of utter *****! It's turned into Newsnight review but dumber. I wish they had got Kermode. Oh well. Winkleman. :( I still would though!

eww, I wouldn't, she wears so much eye make up she has to permanently squint to see out

I don't trust Winkleman, her fringe is too long.

I think she's harbouring a very dark secret on that forehead of hers.

Lobotomy scars?

I don't trust Winkleman, her fringe is too long.

I think she's harbouring a very dark secret on that forehead of hers.

Being the daughter of Eve Pollard aka Lady Lloyd, is enough to try and cover up I'd have thought. Her stepfather used to be editor of the Express ..... the shame. :(

Being the daughter of Eve Pollard aka Lady Lloyd

I didn't know that she was the daughter of La Bollard. Then again, I don't know much about her at all, but that one fact now means I'm opposed to her.

eww, I wouldn't, she wears so much eye make up she has to permanently squint to see out

I quite like birds with just too much eye make up..:ph34r:

This is what Newcastle fans think of her. Rather amusing. I cant work out if they like her or not.

Newcastle Winkleman