House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Is It Slowing Down In Your Area?

Are new properties coming on the market slowing down in your area?

I am seeing a slow-down here as of last week - nothing firm as in hard figures - but just a slow down in properties appearing on RM/Globrix, etc.

I am seeing a slow-down here as of last week - nothing firm as in hard figures - but just a slow down in properties appearing on RM/Globrix, etc.

Yes, spike on the day of the 3.6% falls and then down to probably the lowest number of new and updated listings I've seen all year.

From rightmove in my price range of £110K

Last 24hrs 0

Last 3 days 1

Last 7 days 5

Last 14 days 10

So yes looks like it.

Edit to add

Birmingham B24

Same area no price limit

Last 24 hrs 2

Last 3 days 5

Last 7days 17

Last 14 days 38

Edited by neil324

I know three people selling in my town and they get almost nothing in the way of interest. Viewings are few and far between with not even what they would call 'silly' low offers being made.

Havent looked but my target area is relatively small so doesnt say much.

Oddly though, on the day of the 3.6% fall figures being released no less than 4 places went SSTC.

I would have expected some of the SSTC stuff to have returned as available but that has not happened.

I've not noticed a slow down but what I have noticed is there is a huge difference in asking prices. Some people are obviously keen to sell and understand they need to price it correctly. Some are still in cloud cuckoo land.

3 bed semi on one street £215,000 but a few doors down a similar house is £265,000 albeit with a nice new paint job :rolleyes:

I was thinking it was slowing down too (in Somerset). Having said that, the total number of houses on the market is still rising (gone up by nearly 50% over the past 6 months) so I reckon buyers are drying up faster than new instructions which seems to tally with national reports.

I've not noticed a slow down but what I have noticed is there is a huge difference in asking prices. Some people are obviously keen to sell and understand they need to price it correctly. Some are still in cloud cuckoo land.

3 bed semi on one street £215,000 but a few doors down a similar house is £265,000 albeit with a nice new paint job :rolleyes:

Yes, same here. Also houses priced the same based on being same size but one in a crappy estate while other is in nice non estate road.

There are currently loads of signs up in most of the roads round here with a fair percentage marked as sold. However, I recall that the last time prices started to drop a fair number of the sold ones reverted to 'for sale'.

Edited by Nickolarge

The trouble is, all this HPC news (3.6% drops etc) is just making people stay put.

Until we see a rise in forced sellers (IR rise, SMI stopping, Unemployment) the market will just be at a standstill.

Still some sellers in cloud cuckoo land. Cancelled a viewing on Sat in Upper Basildon nr Pangbourne when I did a bit of a google. Bought last year for £251k; this summer, a cheap kitchen and a lick of paint later, on at £75k more. Well I won't be subsidising this toss*er's little property empire anyway.

so I reckon buyers are drying up faster than new instructions which seems to tally with national reports.

Not wanting to sound pedantic, but there are plenty of buyers out there, just not at the prices being asked.

Still some sellers in cloud cuckoo land. Cancelled a viewing on Sat in Upper Basildon nr Pangbourne when I did a bit of a google. Bought last year for £251k; this summer, a cheap kitchen and a lick of paint later, on at £75k more. Well I won't be subsidising this toss*er's little property empire anyway.

What sort of a wuckfit pays 251K for a house, it's just over the stamp duty level, you might as well give them 1K in a brown envelope !!!!

I'd suggest the fact he did pay this tells you all you need to know about this property genius.

BTW, Ive noticed a slow down of of places coming up in Northamptonshire, but also notice a massive jump in SSTC back to available !!! Pages and pages of drops every day too.

Id suggest a slow down in places coming on between Oct-> Jan is normal.

I'd also suggest some people are thinking...we'll sell next spring when it's all better again.........:lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

BTW, Ive noticed a slow down of of places coming up in Northamptonshire, but also notice a massive jump in SSTC back to available !!! Pages and pages of drops every day too.

Which brings me neatly onto this one.. calls itself a "NEW INSTRUCTION", Property Bee says otherwise..

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27364924.html

I've noticed alot of houses I recognise coming back onto the market under different listings, are EAs wise to Property Bee-style research ?

House near me, on market for most of this year with IMPO ludicrous asking price - the once quiet road it sits on has also become a main road.

Rather than drop the asking price they painted the outside.

Yep new listings slowing last few weeks. Stock on the Market levelling out now after rising since early 2010 although added in last 24hr remains about constant so I assume more reductions/changes. I expect this will probably feed through into the RICS surveys next month.

Let's hope the job cuts add some forced sales. But as long as demand is lower than supply prices will fall. And demand is falling fairly fast according to rics.

Edit to add: further to this. If you look at the RICS supply chart in 2007 supply spiked at about +45 After being positive just a couple of months. The next month supply began contracting as it dropped down to -25 the next month. So just 3 months of increasing supply. This time With the exception of December 2009 stock has been growing consistently since mid 2009 and peaked at around +35 two months ago. So by this I think it would be safe to assume that the supply of properties for sale now would be significantly higher than 2007/08.

So if demand drops to similar levels as 2008 we should be in for a bigger fall than 08 as it stands currently. Assuming supply falls from now on.

Can't post the chart as I'm on the iPhone sorry!

Edited by Pent Up

:lol: what a w@nker.

Sounds like this property genius has peaked already :lol:

iPhone duplicated!

Upper Basildon? If that's anything like Basildon Essex I wouldn't pay £51k let alone £251k!

Edited by Pent Up