House Price Crash Forum
ScrewsNutsandBolts

Prime Ministers Questions

I don't think Ed will handle it very well. I think he's got the potential to start crying when the going gets tough. I remember watching him grilled on C4 news and he was awful when put on the spot.

I can see Cameron going easy on him though.

Might be good for a laugh... and there's always the chance that Ed might completely lose it :D

I believe it starts at 12:00 (choose from either BBC 2 or channel 81 on freeview)

Thanks for the reminder.

Yes, I heard that. Apparently Ed has a "short fuse"??

I don't think Ed will handle it very well. I think he's got the potential to start crying when the going gets tough. I remember watching him grilled on C4 news and he was awful when put on the spot.

I can see Cameron going easy on him though.

Agrre... Cameron piling in like a ton of bricks, that would appear quite ungentlemanly !

But I think he will work on him well, perhaps slightly more subtley than normal.

It would be great to see Ed shake like Brown :D

why get rid of the guy who's gonna win you the next election?

Arr... good point (grumbling here). I would much prefer a public destruction of the bleeding b@stard HPI advocate. :angry:

Might be good for a laugh... and there's always the chance that Ed might completely lose it :D

I believe it starts at 12:00 (choose from either BBC 2 or channel 81 on freeview)

It has started.

I would like Mr Milliband to tell us all why it was fair for Labour to inflate the property market and price out a generation of 'hard working British families' from owning their own homes - whilst at the same time they were all feathering their own nests with their property deals.

I would like Mr Milliband to tell us all why it was fair for Labour to inflate the property market and price out a generation of 'hard working British families' from owning their own homes - whilst at the same time they were all feathering their own nests with their property deals.

+ 1

Open Goal by the Coalishun though...the question of Child benefit is obvious...Cameroon had no answer.

Now Cameroon is heckling the Opposition....for Opposing...something he couldnt do.

In terms of presentation, I think Cameron's high-pitched voice is losing to Ed's "calm delivery" tactic.

Miliband: "Nought out of 2 for straight answers".

It could have Cameron saying it before the election.

Same old same old just with job swops and different faces.

[and the opposition even cheered it)

Edited by billybong

Round 1 to Milliband.

Yep, a pretty good first innings.

What baffles me a bit is why Cameron didn't simply answer Miliband's repeated 'child benefit fairness' question. It's not as if there isn't a rational answer.

I'm sick of hearing about families all the time.

What about the hard working SINGLE people? i.e. the NO CHILD BENEFIT claiming people

Gotta do better than that Dave. Milliband 6-0... Milliband doesn't need to offer his plans with 5 years to an election, just needs to rubbish the plans of the coalition.

I don't agree with the CB policy. Why should 2x30pa get it and 1x45pa not. Can't have one parent at home can we, how would we pay for the ridiculous cost of housing?

Maybe only pay CB for the 1st and possibly 2nd child? Sends a better message IMO.

The Tory boy started good with a dig about the Milipede not being the Labour MPs' choice of leader. But then it went down hill as the Milipede got stuck about CB changes being unfair. He's right - they are unfair. Any moo-ron can see they are unfair. Then Cameron started asking the Milipede about HIS policies; that's weak. It's PMQs, not Milipede Questions. When the PM starts asking questions it means he's got no answers.

How about no benefits.

Food stamps and second hand clothes should be good enough.

Would you do anything about a roof over their heads? :rolleyes:

And food stamps need to be implemented as a limited-use credit card otherwise they get swapped for cash (at a discount) and spent on booze 'n' fags.

The Tory boy started good with a dig about the Milipede not being the Labour MPs' choice of leader. But then it went down hill as the Milipede got stuck about CB changes being unfair. He's right - they are unfair. Any moo-ron can see they are unfair. Then Cameron started asking the Milipede about HIS policies; that's weak. It's PMQs, not Milipede Questions. When the PM starts asking questions it means he's got no answers.

A good critical opposition should be armed with credible alternatives, though that isn't necessary to air them so far from an election.

I don't agree with the CB policy. Why should 2x30pa get it and 1x45pa not. Can't have one parent at home can we, how would we pay for the ridiculous cost of housing?

The most 'extreme' example is something like: 2 x 42k and 1 x 43k (this being after the changes in tax allowance -- as per Osborne's first budget -- kick in) which will lower the 40% tax threshold a bit.

But how much tax does the 2 x 42k 'family' pay, and how much does the 1 x 43k 'family' pay?

It's a calculation I've not done, but the 2 x 42k 'family' presumably pay more tax (and get some back in the form of child benefit), and the 1 x 43k 'family' pay less tax over all.

Of course, there's the Economics-101 'cliff edge' problem associated with simply applying the CB rule at a specific point (in this case, the point at which one crosses the 40% tax threshold), but if the more subtle approaches of measuring whether a 'family' is to be awarded CB or not cause some or all (or perhaps even all-and-then-some) of the CB savings to be spent on civil servants to perform the assessment, then that may put us back to square one with the plan to try to reduce the deficit via CB changes anyway.