House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Spending Cuts Risk 1M Jobs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11530811

Almost one million jobs could be lost in the UK because of government cuts in public spending, a report suggests.

Accountancy firm PwC said that about 500,000 of those job losses may be in the private sector due to the impact on firms supplying the public sector.

Business services and construction would be among the industries hardest hit, it added.

The latest UK unemployment figures will be published later on Wednesday.

One thing I found out about the spending cuts in the last few days... they aren't cuts.

They are cuts in futrue spending, so in 2015 we will be spending 25% than we would have been under the previous plans. It is an increase in cash terms.

Of course it may well be a reduction by 93% in real terms due to hyperinflation caused by Mervin defending against defaltion, but that is another story.

One thing I found out about the spending cuts in the last few days... they aren't cuts.

They are cuts in futrue spending, so in 2015 we will be spending 25% than we would have been under the previous plans. It is an increase in cash terms.

Of course it may well be a reduction by 93% in real terms due to hyperinflation caused by Mervin defending against defaltion, but that is another story.

So how do you explain council budget slashing and redundancies already occurring ? 400 jobs gone from Bristol council.

I was in a private firm contracted via N. Somerset Council, ( care sector ) I am now a redundant registered nurse, I did a minimum wage temp job assembling caravans yesterday, it was brutal labour, I had to sit in a queue at the agency for an hour from 7.00 am to land the work.

So how do you explain council budget slashing and redundancies already occurring ? 400 jobs gone from Bristol council.

I can explain it.

The previous poster is talking ********.

I know 2 people in local gov jobs who are getting the push before Christmas and another 3 from central gov / quangos who are likely to get their cards before 2011 is out.

They aren't jobs, they are unemployment avoidance devices.

I can prove this, because once the artifical maintenance programme is removed they will disappear because nobody wants their output enough to pay for it.

We are moving forward in understanding the nature of wealth creation, sadly there is still so far togo, and I can see little or no progress in understanding how to optimise the process (because the answer is simply for the state to let go, and it can't).

Actually this 25% target is only for discretionary .departments) spending. It excluded automatic social security and debt interests.

And it excludes the protected departments - mainly the NHS.

I was in a private firm contracted via N. Somerset Council, ( care sector ) I am now a redundant registered nurse, I did a minimum wage temp job assembling caravans yesterday, it was brutal labour, I had to sit in a queue at the agency for an hour from 7.00 am to land the work.

Ouch. Were you caring for people in their own homes? And will those people now go into carehomes?

There is a report in Wales today that 52,000 jobs will go which is 4.3% of the workforce... which does not make sense to me when you bear in mind that 69% of the work-force is public sector.

I think the best solution is to blow the severn bridge and give wales a push so it floats off and has to fend for itself. Actually I think the home and shire counties should declare independence, we would then be a net export economy. the rest of the UK would then have to stop leaching off of us and actual find something to do to pay its way.

Edited by goldbug9999

I think the best solution is to blow the severn bridge and give wales a push so it floats off and has to fend for itself. Actually I think the home and shire counties should declare independence, we would then be a net export economy. the rest of the UK would then have to stop leaching off of us and actual find something to do to pay its way.

Would these be the regions who just bailed out your main industry?

Good idea!

We would just love it if the south declared independence, we could go back to making and selling stuff! while you would turn into another iceland!

I can explain it.

The previous poster is talking ********.

I know 2 people in local gov jobs who are getting the push before Christmas and another 3 from central gov / quangos who are likely to get their cards before 2011 is out.

Yep can confirm Birmingham City council going through the motions now and have been in consultations many people were going November when the 90 day period was up but it looks like they have untill March. My mother is one of them, she's been telling me many people in her department still think there job is safe when infact the whole section will be history.

Yep can confirm Birmingham City council going through the motions now and have been in consultations many people were going November when the 90 day period was up but it looks like they have untill March. My mother is one of them, she's been telling me many people in her department still think there job is safe when infact the whole section  will be history.

Let's hope they get rid of the non-jobs first. We can manage without all the 5-a-day inspectors!

Posted to usenet yeterday: 

SKINT councils are squandering £2.5million a year on "non-jobs", it

was claimed last night.

A survey revealed taxpayers' cash is being wasted on hundreds of

bizarre posts - such as NAPPY Officers.

Local authorities have also hired trampoline development staff and

walking coordinators.

The shock tally was discovered after the Taxpayers Alliance asked

Scots councils how much they spend on four non-essential staff

categories.

They were: European officers, political advisers, climate change

officers and diversity officers.