House Price Crash Forum

Firesale Flats In The R.o.i

Ah but they couldn't have somebody being able to easily afford their slave box so they eventually become financially independent. They must be shackled for life, just what the bankers have always lusted for. Ireland - colonised by the Vikings, Vatican, Brits and now the bankers.

Are they Nuts???

The Duplex at €335k works out at €3736 per Sqm! Now that is ridiculous! I would not expect to pay more than €1500 a sqm in a good location in and around Dublin. This is why:

In Southern Spain in expensive areas of Marbella anad Sotogrande you can get premium property with land for €1500 a SQM. In Britanny in France a decent renovated farmhouse and land comes in at €900 sqm. On the costa Blanca a large house with land at €850sqm and in Malage (where there are jobs) €1350sqm.

The reason why I have compared Ireland to the 4 areas above is that they have similar demegraphics ie. over supply of current housing stock, room to build more and rising unemployment.

Someone needs to tell them that the Celtic Tiger is dead, has been cut up and is now only worth the price of its parts.

To be honest i quite fancy a nice place in Ireland, but will only pay €750sqm.

The two-bedroom prices are less than half the €625,000 which was paid at the peak of the market for two-bedroom apartments just across the road in the Thornwood development.
With some apartments enjoying sea views over Dublin Bay as well as views over Dublin city, Mr Fingleton would have expected the project to gross up to €40m

I would say that 625k for a 2 bed apt overlooking a grey and dismal Dublin Bay should have warned even the thickest Irish sheeple that pain lay ahead. I would expect those apartments to eventually sell at around 100k unless the Irish economy worsens over the next few years and then a fiofre sale may occur.

I don't see £300k as a firesale at all.

Even at £30k would anyone be tempted?

There is a massive oversupply, hundreds of ghost estates and developments and no work or money.

Reads like an advertisement with 'firesale prices' bandied around around like a 'Blue Cross Sale'...(whatever one of those is :blink:)

Still nowhere near reality. I loved the name "Booterstown" - very apt :)

EDIT: read it as "Boostertown" My bad. Anyway, the final sentence was a cliche from way back... "stylish kitchens with granite worktops and contemporary bathrooms. "

Edited by dryrot

300,000 buys you a really nice place in Malta/Gozo. Excellent low taxation for offshore earnings, low crime, nice point for travel, and nice climate. Why would anyone want to buy in Dublin? Especially a flat?

300,000 buys you a really nice place in Malta/Gozo. Excellent low taxation for offshore earnings, low crime, nice point for travel, and nice climate. Why would anyone want to buy in Dublin? Especially a flat?

shhhhh.

Still nowhere near reality. I loved the name "Booterstown" - very apt :)

EDIT: read it as "Boostertown" My bad. Anyway, the final sentence was a cliche from way back... "stylish kitchens with granite worktops and contemporary bathrooms. "

"Booterstown" is in the supposedly affluent South Dublin stockbroker belt, not too far from where Bono et al hang out when tax residency laws permit them.

Developers would have paid obscene money for this land. Bear in mind that this would be among the most overpriced areas in Ireland. Even still, prices will plummet further. Only a few miles from here there are massive empty estates where I honestly belivee the government bad bank "NAMA" will be selling flats next year for virtually nothing. Another huge problem in Dublin now is that estate management agencies have gone bust. EA's never tell you in their bumpf that you may have to pony up about 2k a year in management fees. I know a guy who paid 320k for a 2 bed flat in Greater Dublin a few years ago. Estate managemnt firm has gone bust and each tenant has to look after their own refuse and corridor management etc. Legal wrangle over whether estate fees would be stopped. Around the same time another aquaintence was considering a two bed flat in Greater Dublin.In the end him and English fiance got a three bed semi d for same price in Cheshire,even at height of UK boom.

Reckon Irish price collapse has only begun..........

The two-bedroom prices are less than half the €625,000 which was paid at the peak of the market for two-bedroom apartments just across the road in the Thornwood development.

Wow such bargains. People will be licking their lips and likely even emigrating from all over just to take advantage of such snips :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: