House Price Crash Forum
quine

37% Drop In Kingston Upon Thames

From Property Bee was £2.675m (what were they thinking of?) now £1.680m.  Still very overpriced and wouldn't like to be dealing with vendors who are so delusional however nice to see a bit of panic setting in.

http://www.rightmove...y-13525317.html

Not a particularly nice house either. I'd say £950k.

There is a bit of an attempt at trying to get snob value from the location by mentioning Richmond Park, but its definitely the Kingston side of the A3 and certainly can't claims its proximity to Wimbledon either; as it is definitely sliced away by the A3.  In fact, I suspect the issue is the A3, looking at the map, they are almost on one of the busiest trunk roads into London.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

EA is Coombe Residential.

Those guys just love to massively overprice everything and hope some mug buys it.

Generally it has worked though ...

It's an awful house ....

At £680k i think it would be a reasonable buy for a large family in that area. the £1m difference is the property developers premium who obviously is still living in the boom years and thinks everyone has lavish parties! Can you imagine the Heating bill for the open plan lounge with open plan stairs to upsatirs! Completely inefficient! Those designs work in warm climates like Florida and Southern Spain......not in London!

Not a particularly nice house either.

It's minging. Wonder if they'd pay me to live there.

Ugly house

??? What?? I really like it!!! There again, I have a penchant for Art Deco period type places and their simplicity, and this is right up that alley.

The price however........

From Property Bee was £2.675m (what were they thinking of?) now £1.680m. Still very overpriced and wouldn't like to be dealing with vendors who are so delusional however nice to see a bit of panic setting in.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-13525317.html

Yep, it is always frothier at the top. :)

Not a particularly nice house either. I'd say £950k.

There is a bit of an attempt at trying to get snob value from the location by mentioning Richmond Park, but its definitely the Kingston side of the A3 and certainly can't claims its proximity to Wimbledon either; as it is definitely sliced away by the A3.  In fact, I suspect the issue is the A3, looking at the map, they are almost on one of the busiest trunk roads into London.

Don't think they need to mention R Park for snob value - the Coombe area has quite enough of that on its own. For anyone unfamiliar, it's a very leafy and extremely expensive area of private roads, large det. houses in large gardens, and golf courses.

And in fact it's quite a way from R Park. Certainly not a quick dash to Norbiton station, either.

I don't think you'd be too aware of the A3 though.

But of course it's overpriced - anyone with a house round there has more or less come to think they can think of a number and double it.

One thing I don't like about that area - it's what we call in this house 'lurky' - i.e. masses of vegetation and dark at night.

Mr B and I nearly bought a house not a million miles from there (though not quite in that price bracket!) when our two were a lot younger. It fell through and we were browned off at the time, but as they got older we were glad we'd stayed put. The Mum and Dad taxi service would have been going flat out if we'd moved there - we'd never in a million years have felt happy for them to come home alone after dark.

At £680k i think it would be a reasonable buy for a large family in that area. the

As 550-600k in Kingston ONLY gets you a terraced house (albeit a large one) I think 680k would be a staggering buy for this property.

Whatever you may think, it isn't going to go that low!

At £680k i think it would be a reasonable buy for a large family in that area. the £1m difference is the property developers premium who obviously is still living in the boom years and thinks everyone has lavish parties! Can you imagine the Heating bill for the open plan lounge with open plan stairs to upsatirs! Completely inefficient! Those designs work in warm climates like Florida and Southern Spain......not in London!

3000 sqft in an affluent part of London. £680K. Does that mean you can afford £680K for it, but not more. Absolutely no chance at all. The more interesting thing is that it's up for rent at £7.5K per month. Or £90K p.a. That is about a 5%ish yield - if anyone believes that rent is achievable for this.

I think it's expensive, but I suspect you'd struggle to pick it up for less than £1.45M.

3000 sqft in an affluent part of London. £680K. Does that mean you can afford £680K for it, but not more. Absolutely no chance at all. The more interesting thing is that it's up for rent at £7.5K per month. Or £90K p.a. That is about a 5%ish yield - if anyone believes that rent is achievable for this.

I think it's expensive, but I suspect you'd struggle to pick it up for less than £1.45M.

Reckon 1.45 would be spot on, 3200sqft is a pretty big house (average 4 bedder is about half that) and it's been refurbished.

Downsides are poor transport access (anyone buying this house is going to communte to central london) and the fact that it's a pig ugly 70s shed.

Looks alright. No idea what Kingston is like price wise. Had family around the Cobham/Esher area and used to go into Kingston sometimes (theres that big bentalls store there, right?) and it always seemed a bit of a dump. But though Cobham/Esher seem expensive i figure Kingston by virtue of being closer to London must be more expensive, so i guess its not that overpriced.

Looks alright. No idea what Kingston is like price wise. Had family around the Cobham/Esher area and used to go into Kingston sometimes (theres that big bentalls store there, right?) and it always seemed a bit of a dump. But though Cobham/Esher seem expensive i figure Kingston by virtue of being closer to London must be more expensive, so i guess its not that overpriced.

ALERT ALERT Sadman I think someone (Mc Sibley) has hacked into your computer

ALERT ALERT Sadman I think someone (Mc Sibley) has hacked into your computer

Go on then, you posted it, you think it's way overpriced. What do YOU think a) it's worth and B) you'd pay for it today, if different ?