House Price Crash Forum
Acid In The Punch Bowl

House Price Crash Video

Hi Guys and Girls

I want to put together a short video detailing this ridiculous situation. I have been coming up with ideas and would like to run one by you.

We open on a wide shot of the houses of parliament as thousands of protesters march past with placards. The graphics on the screen indicate it is a news bulletin dated 2015.

Reporter

"Parliament square was yet again the scene of chaotic protests as the Boomer Generation made their voices heard."

Cut to retirement age interviewee

"this legislation is going to destroy an entire generation. We'll be debt slaves living in rented accommodation."

Reporter

The bill going through parliament is dividing the country

Cut to nonchalant young person (late 20s) .

"They had the education, surely they can pay for it. They should have saved harder."

Reporter

When the new government was swept to power on a wave of grass roots activism from the younger generation it was clear a new wind was blowing. Only two months later and they are passing their first bill, the Retroactive Tuition Fees and Equity Release Bill. Effectively as of 1st January next year anyone who benefitted from the 300% rise in house prices over the past two decades will be expected to pay, as a wind fall tax, the entire difference in values. This sum will pay off the next generations mortgages and leave them with huge unearned equity on their property. Secondly anyone who graduated from university before 1975 will be expected to retroactively pay 40 thousand pounds for their tuition fees, this will pay for free Higher Education for the present generation and provide a so called "student grant" to help with living costs.

These laws will financially cripple an entire generation while their children will enjoy free education and a cheap stable housing market. Never before has one generation taken so much from another.

HPC and Pricedout Logo and an appropriate slogan.

I am not a script writer so could do with some help elaborating the script. Especially with the correct terminology, good name for the bill, good slogan, placard slogan ideas, bit of dry humor etc.

I am however a VFX Artist so making the pictures work will not be a problem. Just a question of finding source footage of the countryside alliance march and changing the placards. Anyone else out there from the meeja? I could do with sound recording help.

What do you think? Criticism is as welcome as praise.

The more I think about this the more it drives me $£!@%&*! @ $£%£*$ ^%!@£$%£ insane.

S

Well this is an opportunity to trot out my effort from a while ago :D

If you like anything from it, feel free to be inspired.

And if anything strikes you as terrible, learn from my mistakes ;)

I used to work in the meeja btw, until I decided to quit the habit.

ps-comments insulting my music are not welcome, heh!

Well this is an opportunity to trot out my effort from a while ago :D

If you like anything from it, feel free to be inspired.

And if anything strikes you as terrible, learn from my mistakes ;)

I used to work in the meeja btw, until I decided to quit the habit.

ps-comments insulting my music are not welcome, heh!

Pretty impressive :)

And I don't mind the music either!

Hi Guys and Girls

I want to put together a short video detailing this ridiculous situation. I have been coming up with ideas and would like to run one by you.

We open on a wide shot of the houses of parliament as thousands of protesters march past with placards. The graphics on the screen indicate it is a news bulletin dated 2015.

Reporter

"Parliament square was yet again the scene of chaotic protests as the Boomer Generation made their voices heard."

Cut to retirement age interviewee

"this legislation is going to destroy an entire generation. We'll be debt slaves living in rented accommodation."

Reporter

The bill going through parliament is dividing the country

Cut to nonchalant young person (late 20s) .

"They had the education, surely they can pay for it. They should have saved harder."

Reporter

When the new government was swept to power on a wave of grass roots activism from the younger generation it was clear a new wind was blowing. Only two months later and they are passing their first bill, the Retroactive Tuition Fees and Equity Release Bill. Effectively as of 1st January next year anyone who benefitted from the 300% rise in house prices over the past two decades will be expected to pay, as a wind fall tax, the entire difference in values. This sum will pay off the next generations mortgages and leave them with huge unearned equity on their property. Secondly anyone who graduated from university before 1975 will be expected to retroactively pay 40 thousand pounds for their tuition fees, this will pay for free Higher Education for the present generation and provide a so called "student grant" to help with living costs.

These laws will financially cripple an entire generation while their children will enjoy free education and a cheap stable housing market. Never before has one generation taken so much from another.

HPC and Pricedout Logo and an appropriate slogan.

I am not a script writer so could do with some help elaborating the script. Especially with the correct terminology, good name for the bill, good slogan, placard slogan ideas, bit of dry humor etc.

I am however a VFX Artist so making the pictures work will not be a problem. Just a question of finding source footage of the countryside alliance march and changing the placards. Anyone else out there from the meeja? I could do with sound recording help.

What do you think? Criticism is as welcome as praise.

The more I think about this the more it drives me $£!@%&*! @ $£%£*$ ^%!@£$%£ insane.

S

You need real footage of a HPI protest or you will might be tagged as a fraud. Could you wait until the next PricedOut one and find out of someone can film it for you?

Re. script, from an enthusiastic amateur only mind you: how about vampires sucking blood from babies and pushing old grannies into ditches, 'Boomer' logos on chests. Angry mob with HPC placards rush to destroy the evil ones on the sound of Wagner's Valkyries. Or something like that. I wonder if the Star Trek soundtrack could fit in somewhere.

Have you seen this?

http://www.xtranorma.../watch/7179313/

it is a great way of story boarding your ideas...

That's a pretty good one. There was a funny thread of these xtranormal stories at HPC 18 months ago.

http://www.housepric...&st=0&p=1977876