House Price Crash Forum
wardpsych

Studio With Novel Ensuite

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/LotDetails.asp?A=642&MP=24&ID=642000120&S=L&O=A

A Freehold Building Internally arranged as a Self-Contained Studio Flat and Public Convenience.

Can you charge for a pee?

Nice little business from home.

Might be a good buy if you are in the seedy a r s e-banditry business. Does George Michael live anywhere nearby?

edit to add: FFS can you not say "a r s e" on this site? that is ******ing gay.

Edited by pilchardthecat

Might be a good buy if you are in the seedy a r s e-banditry business. Does George Michael live anywhere nearby?

edit to add: FFS can you not say "a r s e" on this site? that is ******ing gay.

Have your people call his people. Could be a gold plated business opportunity.

Ok, I'm maybe a bit slow, but why would someone buy a public toilet?

There was one for auction in Penzance in the past couple of years, which ended up being shown on Homes Under the Hammer. Interviewed the lucky buyer, who hoped to get PP on it for residential (from memory) .... but it couldn't have happened as I saw it back on the market soon after.

Golden shower anyone?

Hold on, did the "g" word get mentioned there?

Have your people call his people. Could be a gold plated business opportunity.

I won't tell you lot again. ;)

Ok, I'm maybe a bit slow,Surely there's a steady flow of income? but why would someone buy a public toilet?

Didn't Maggie sell off a lot of public utilities in the 80s?

Bound to be a steady flow of income surely?

There was one for auction in Penzance in the past couple of years, which ended up being shown on Homes Under the Hammer. Interviewed the lucky buyer, who hoped to get PP on it for residential (from memory) .... but it couldn't have happened as I saw it back on the market soon after.

They occassionally come up for sale for conversions (there are two in this month's Emson auction)

But the one here is leased out on a long lease (999 years) so only the long term income is for sale.

They occassionally come up for sale for conversions (there are two in this month's Emson auction)

But the one here is leased out on a long lease (999 years) so only the long term income is for sale.

I assume you are obliged to clean it too?

It would be a talking point when showing visitors around. Does it say there is a shower too, or is that just for the house? Would be weird sharing that with the public. Kind of eccentric wandering to that in the morning.

Well you could have a party - there's enough toilets for everyone. It looks like it's next to a pub too.

Benefits:

Unlimited free soap and toilet roll for life.

Those water features on the floor make good talking points.

Don't forget, to avoid treading on the used junkie needles, and you can enjoy tramps hacking their phlegm in the morning.