House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
didntbuytolet

Leaked Treasury Briefing Document?

Shamelessly stolen from Popbitch - http://www.popbitch.com/board.html No idea if its true - but sounds believable..

Strictly Private and Secret - not any longer

"Sitting minding other peoples business on the Gerrards Cross to London train this morning - I happily read the briefing document of the Treasury man sitting beside me of rise in unemployment anticipated from upcoming Economic Review. 468,000 government jobs are going to go by 2014/15 and 112,000 London jobs will go (3% of total jobs). The "narrative" of the cutting is to try to blame Labour and not to allow any linkage with Thatcher cuts."

Edited by didntbuytolet

Shamelessly stolen from Popbitch - http://www.popbitch.com/board.html No idea if its true - but sounds believable..

"Sitting minding other peoples business on the Gerrards Cross to London train this morning - I happily read the briefing document of the Treasury man sitting beside me of rise in unemployment anticipated from upcoming Economic Review. 468,000 government jobs are going to go by 2014/15 and 112,000 London jobs will go (3% of total jobs). The "narrative" of the cutting is to try to blame Labour and not to allow any linkage with Thatcher cuts."

Will this be enough? How much money will this save?

Bag of a fag packet, assuming average cost of employee is £40,000, that saves £18 billion a year.

Gosh, that is about 10% of what we need to save. From where will the rest come?

Will this be enough? How much money will this save?

Bag of a fag packet, assuming average cost of employee is £40,000, that saves £18 billion a year.

Gosh, that is about 10% of what we need to save. From where will the rest come?

growth :lol::lol:

Can I temporarily hijack this thread and ask if there is an HPCer reading this who takes the tube to Fulham Broadway / Notting Hill gate most evenings?

Have spotted her reading this site twice now on her mobile phone but didn't want to say hi and appear nosey :)

Can definetly believe the above to the OP to be true BTW.

Edited by Kyoto

Before the election weren't these cuts going to start immediately and £18 billion in 2014/2015 seems almost pointless by itself considering the magnitude of the debt/deficit.

Seeing as there'll have to be a general election no later than 2015 it sounds as if by then they'll just be repeating the same arguments they had before the last election. Tories will be saying we really need to cut straightaway, Labour saying we need to borrow and tax more and who knows what the LibDems will be saying by then.

And another 5 years of hearing a daily dose of Vince's ideas might just be too much.

The UK economy could be in the doldrums for the next 30 to 50 years and more the way these *******s are going on.

Edited by billybong

Have spotted her reading this site twice now on her mobile phone but didn't want to say hi and appear nosey :)

Good god, how close were you standing to her ? were you nuzzling up to her neck whilst breathing in her delightful perfume and the warmth of her body ?

Good god, how close were you standing to her ? were you nuzzling up to her neck whilst breathing in her delightful perfume and the warmth of her body ?

lol, no, first time was squashed into a window by a fat chelsea fan and the second time was being actively nosey when i recognised her!

Edited by Kyoto

Can I temporarily hijack this thread and ask if there is an HPCer reading this who takes the tube to Fulham Broadway / Notting Hill gate most evenings?

Haven't you bought (or won) an HPC T shirt yet?

You could unzip and flash it.

Haven't you bought (or won) an HPC T shirt yet?

You could unzip and flash it.

Sadly haven't picked one up yet - will be sure to!

I should have just whispered 'printy printy' to see if it got a reaction.

Not the best of chat up lines. Give her ass a squeeze and ask if she knows killer bunny (or rampant rabbit). It always works for me.

When I worked in London there used to be a section in the free paper for "would like to see you again" letters. This could work:

7.45pm District line to Wimbledon. You: t-shirt, jean skirt, blonde hair. Me: pale-skinned, carrying an Aldi bag full of tins of baked beans. You were reading a rant on housepricecrash.co.uk. We shared a joke about burning all BTLers at the stake. You left the train at Fulham Broadway. Would love to see you again, and this time, build up the courage to ask you for your thoughts on the Laffer Curve.

468,000 government jobs are going to go by 2014/15 and 112,000 London jobs will go (3% of total jobs)

They might want to rethink the immigration policy.

Careful, it could be and estate agent, I'm sure many browse these forums from time to time!

That could make for an awkward indroduction!

When I worked in London there used to be a section in the free paper for "would like to see you again" letters. This could work:

The Metro? I'm fairly sure the Metro does something like that, at the bottom of the letters page.

You see, we're all trying to help. Aren't we sweet?

ANd now you've outed yourself as an interweb stalker, that's the last time you'll see her on that train :D

So let me get this right. An unnamed individual posts anonymously to an internet board to claim that he saw something on a train.

"MIND THE GAP"

So let me get this right. An unnamed individual posts anonymously to an internet board to claim that he saw something on a train.

The scary part is that I give this source more credibility than a government press release. :unsure:

Exactly.

We are expected to believe the Treasury (who are renowned for their paranoia) allow an employee to take an unencrypted secret briefing document about the public spending review home so he can read it in front of punters on the train.

What a load of b*llocks

BTW anyone who knows government security classifications will immediately recognise that there is no such type as 'Strictly Private and Secret' (for a start it is a tautology of the sort that civil service mandarins abhor).

Edited by realcrookswearsuits