House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

6,000 Jobs Will Have Gone At H P By Next April

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/8057334/Hewlett-Packard-to-cut-1300-UK-jobs.html

Hewlett Packard to cut 1,300 UK jobs
Computer giant Hewlett Packard (HP) is to cut a further 1,300 jobs in the UK and switch work overseas, unions have claimed.
By Louisa "Weezy" Peacock, Jobs Editor
Published: 9:19PM BST 11 Oct 2010
The cuts, which come on top of up to 900 job losses announced in June, were immediately attacked by Unite as "butchery" of the company's UK workforce while the jobs were exported to different locations abroad.
Nearly 4,000 jobs have now been shed at HP in the UK over the past two years, with the figure now set to rise to
nearly 6,000 by next April,
Unite said.

So far, not many signs that the private sector is hiring all the civil servants that are, or will be, going. It is still looking like a jobless recovereh.

Edited by Realistbear

http://www.telegraph...00-UK-jobs.html

Hewlett Packard to cut 1,300 UK jobs
Computer giant Hewlett Packard (HP) is to cut a further 1,300 jobs in the UK and switch work overseas, unions have claimed.
By Louisa "Weezy" Peacock, Jobs Editor
Published: 9:19PM BST 11 Oct 2010
The cuts, which come on top of up to 900 job losses announced in June, were immediately attacked by Unite as "butchery" of the company's UK workforce while the jobs were exported to different locations abroad.
Nearly 4,000 jobs have now been shed at HP in the UK over the past two years, with the figure now set to rise to
nearly 6,000 by next April,
Unite said.

So far, not many signs that the private sector is hiring all the civil servants that are, or will be, going. It is still looking like a jobless recovereh.

My sources inform me that there are a number of emergency board meetings for quangos happening at the latter end of this week to deal with the consequences of the official unveiling of the updated bonfire of the quangos list (it was leaked ~2 weeks ago) which I believe is very nigh.

I have also had some (of the brightest and best) quango employees knocking on my door but there is no room at the inn (as it were) in my private outfit or any one else's in the particular private sector as we are all either full staffed or lack funds or both.

Edited by koala_bear

Tbh im surprised theres any employment from them here anyway.

All the HP stuff ive bought in the last 10 years or so has been rebranded generic chinese stuff that falls apart after a month or so.

A far cry from the HP B&W printer my dad got back in 1991 that never missed a beat and probably still works now.

HP Deskjet F4580 Wireless Multi-Functional All in One Inkjet Printer Scanner Copier. Tesco, £44.97.

Replacement ink cartridges (HP 300XL Black and Colour) for said printer. Amazon, £43.70.

What's wrong with this picture?

All the HP stuff ive bought in the last 10 years or so has been rebranded generic chinese stuff that falls apart after a month or so.

A far cry from the HP B&W printer my dad got back in 1991 that never missed a beat and probably still works now.

Imo that's what most people who want a printer are really looking for; a sturdy black and white thing that costs about a fiver to refill, so they can print out the odd letter and web page without having to spend £30 each go.

Imo that's what most people who want a printer are really looking for; a sturdy black and white thing that costs about a fiver to refill, so they can print out the odd letter and web page without having to spend £30 each go.

And not clog up if you leave it idle for more than two days. HP used to make quality products but they've gone downhill. All the HP kit I've bought in the last few years has been junk.