House Price Crash Forum
Jimmy_James

Buy To Let Critique By Faisal Islam On Channel 4 News Now

Hi HPCers,

PricedOut here

Heads up - there is a Buy to Let critique on Channel 4 news in ten minutes, we helped feed into some of it , worth watching and commenting on their discussion board

Cheers

JJ

Thanks for the heads up.

Thankfully it's Faisal Islam doing the piece, he's pretty level headed.

Watch this and learn why there will be no sustained or substantial HPC.

There is going to be an even bigger boom in buy to let: its the next act in the rigging of the housing market...

mortagages will become harder and harder to get, more and more people will be pushed to rent, rental yields

will go up attracting even more capital into BTL and so on..

I've said this before here and people think I'm mad...wait and see...bearing in mind our economy is built

on property do you really think that the VI's wouldn't have another trick up their sleeve..and as the spirit of the

age seems to be screw the working and middle classes into penury it makes perfect sense: why screw someone

for £600 a month on a mortgage(and risk that they might be able to share in the profits themselves at some stage,

and maybe, horror of horrors, advance their social position) when you can screw them for £1000 a month in rent

with no chance they'll ever make any capital gain whatsoever.

The age of home ownership is over for all but the rich, welcome to the age of tenant serfdom.

All hail the plutocracy. The c*nts have won.

Edited by Lucifer

Watch this and learn why there will be no sustained or substantial HPC.

There is going to be an even bigger boom in buy to let: its the next act in the rigging of the housing market...

mortagages will become harder and harder to get, more and more people will be pushed to rent, rental yields

will go up attracting even more capital into BTL and so on..

I've said this before here and people think I'm mad...wait and see...bearing in mind our economy is built

on property do you really think that the VI's wouldn't have another trick up their sleeve..and as the spirit of the

age seems to be screw the working and middle classes into penury it makes perfect sense: why screw someone

for £600 a month on a mortgage(and risk that they might be able to share in the profits themselves at some stage,

and maybe, horror of horrors, advance their social position) when you can screw them for £1000 a month in rent

with no chance they'll ever make any capital gain whatsoever.

The age of home ownership is over for all but the rich, welcome to the age of tenant serfdom.

All hail the plutocracy. The c*nts have won.

Hmmm, you may have a point, I'm getting tempted by the drops which would now yield 10% gross in the area I'm interested in. But I'm going to wait, think there are more price falls in the works and if the yield gets to 15% will jump in as a cash buyer.

Hmmm, you may have a point, I'm getting tempted by the drops which would now yield 10% gross in the area I'm interested in. But I'm going to wait, think there are more price falls in the works and if the yield gets to 15% will jump in as a cash buyer.

I would never do this. It's immoral.

you don't even know what a yield is

Some tired-looking idiot saying we should all work harder lol...

Yeah, the git. Most young people have worked much harder than their parents to get GCSEs, A levels and degrees while working part time. Then they go into rat race jobs with 24-7 communications which is much harder work than in the 60s when they spent a day writing one letter and waited a week for the reply.

i like the sound of shapps.

Really? I think he's a ******ing arsehole.

I thought he was a ******ing arsehole when he was my local conservative MP when I lived in Welwyn Hatfield and nothing I have seen since has persuaded me that he's not a ******ing arsehole.

Including this interview.

Maybe he's going to change my mind with his speech tomorrow that he was banging on about.

But I'm betting that he won't and I'll still think he's a ******ing arsehole.

Edited by BTL Cattle

Well there you go, no government response at all. For buy to let to increase through all the previous problems speaks volumes. A generation is going to be priced out. Nothing will change except a very slow drift down.

Well there you go, no government response at all. For buy to let to increase through all the previous problems speaks volumes. A generation is going to be priced out. Nothing will change except a very slow drift down.

I suspect the best option to sort this mess out is to allow the drift down, can't see how it would help the economy as a whole for anything more severe then this

HPC and PricedOut have a friend and his name is Faisal Islam.

That was one mega fuc.king report against BTL and while it was 5 years too late (at least) it was nice to hear at least 2 journalists in the MSM fighting our corner or at least acknowledging that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

I think that was actually the first time I've ever seen it. For once I actually feel our plight is being recognised and the government(s) are being brought to account for their role in it.

Thank you, Priced Out, for your tireless efforts over the years. Get that PayPal donation link sorted out and I'll gladly help fund your next campaign.

An entire generation now has the sympathetic ear of the main stream media (MSM). Let's make the most of it!

Edited by GordonBrownSpentMyFuture

Was the conclusion to 'suck it up'?

If people are still buying up properties, I can't see where this HPC is going to come from. With price inflation brewing it can't be long before wage inflation catches up.